Wiki Posts
Search

OpTech SOS / Tom Bihn Absolute Strap used with Red Oxx bags

Search this Thread

Old Sep 26, 2016, 3:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Executive Club Gold
OpTech SOS / Tom Bihn Absolute Strap used with Red Oxx bags

In a recent thread someone mentioned that they were having problems using an OpTech SOS shoulder strap with a Red Oxx bag. This was due to the attachment D ring on Red Oxx bags being slightly too thick in diameter for the clasp of the OpTech strap, it does fit but needs forcing.

I mentioned that I had solved the problem so thought it would be worth sharing more visibly rather than tucked away in that other thread.

The solution is so straight forward and easy: Simply use a small metal file (I used the file on my Leatherman multitool) and file away the very tip of the moving part of the OpTech strap clasp. The clasp's metal is fairly soft so one only needs to file for 2 or 3 seconds, then test on the D ring and file a little more if needs be.

There is plenty of length on the tip section for it to still close securely as one can see in the images below.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.