Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Get a Great Deal on the Briggs & Riley (B&R) International Widebody Bag

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2016, 8:09 pm
Original Poster

Get a Great Deal on the Briggs & Riley (B&R) International Widebody Bag

Hi Guys...I'm Mark from Dallas. Before anyone gets upset or concerned about the nature of this post, I'd like to let you know that I received permission from the forum moderator to post this message. I've been lurking on the forum for a while trying to decide what carry-on bag to get. Three days ago I pulled the trigger on a Black B&R U121CXW International Carry-On Wide Body Upright bag. I bought the bag compliments of eBay.

Let's get this out of the way...I AM IN NO WAY AFFILIATED with B&R or the eBay seller that I purchased from. However, the deal I got was so good that I knew I had to share the info with forum members in case someone here is also in the market. The seller had 10 of the same B&R bag for sale for $499 "Or Best Offer". I made an offer of $300 and the seller countered at $359 and that's what I paid for it + free shipping. (probably could have gotten another $10-15 off if I continued to negotiate but at $140 off retail I felt good at $359.) The bag shipped the same day from NYC and arrived at my door step in Dallas, TX around 72 hours later. It was brand new, sealed in plastic inside an unopened B&R box. The bag has the B&R Serial Tag inside along with all the B&R books, pamphlets, and a TSA approved lock - all sealed in plastic. Seriously...short of Amazon Prime, it was the single best online buying experience I've ever had.

I have registered the bag on B&R's site and the registration was accepted authenticating the bag. The seller had 10 available and after my purchase they still have 9 left (I checked eBay 5 minutes before writing this post to confirm). By the way when the bag arrived, the shipping label said that it came from Lexington Luggage in New York City. So that's it. Happy Shopping. - Mark
Old Aug 21, 2016, 9:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Not exactly same bag but you can get a widebody spinner from sierra for $319 minus 20-30% depenfing on current coupon..
Old Aug 26, 2016, 3:34 pm

Thanks. Just offered $290. We'll see what happens. He still has 8 left.
Old Aug 26, 2016, 7:30 pm

http://www.ebay.com/itm/282129646797...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I offered $300. He countered $400. Upped to $340 and he did $350 shipped. Shipped Friday ups supposed to arrive Tuesday.

Last edited by joshiajay; Aug 27, 2016 at 7:00 pm
Old Aug 29, 2016, 12:19 pm
Original Poster

I'm glad to see others have been able to get a great deal as well. I'm travelling with my new bag in two weeks. Can't wait.
Old Aug 29, 2016, 5:21 pm

He ignored my $290 offer and it expired after 48 hours. Offered $300, it's been around 36 hours and he's ignored that so far too. I ended up just buying a TravelPro Magna 2, not going to keep messing around with eBay.

Update: with not much time to spare before the second 48 hours expired, he came back with an offer of $349, but I had already purchased the TravelPro by that time. I guess just be aware that this guy can be slow in responding to offers.

Last edited by robr; Aug 30, 2016 at 11:12 am
Old Aug 30, 2016, 4:56 pm

It arrived today. It's my first Briggs and Riley but came in the box and absolutely looks legit. I just registered it online. Couldn't be more pleased with the purchase and quick service.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.