Wiki Posts
Search

Recommedendation on Toiletry Kit

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10, 2016, 10:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS>1K>Nothing; DL DM 2MM; AS 75K>Nothing>MVP
Recommedendation on Toiletry Kit

The one luggage piece I'm still not satisfied with. I have looked at and tried so many. I need

1. Long enough to hold a long toothbrush.
2. Not too high/thick
3. Rigid or semi-rigid so it slides into and out of rucksack easily.
3. A couple of inside pockets that zip close to keep smaller loose object organized.

Any recommendations would be appreciated.

While you're at it, if you know any razors with blade covers that don't always pop off in your toilet kit, let me know.

Last edited by 5khours; Jul 13, 2016 at 8:27 pm
Old Jul 10, 2016, 10:04 pm

Consider the AmazonBasics Universal Travel Case: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B002VPE1QG/
Old Jul 10, 2016, 11:37 pm

Programs: LH M+M
http://shop.eaglecreek.com/packit-sp...d/d/1302_cl_-1

There are other sizes/layouts of it, too. The ripstop slides very easily in/out.
Brush and razor goes in upright and doesnt dangle through it, just google images of it open (dunno why EC shop has removed almost any pictures).

Razor: just use a binder clip around it, e.g. http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-JtedhyC10O...VY/s1600/6.jpg
Old Jul 11, 2016, 11:14 am

Arcteryx's Index dopp kit should fit the bill with the exception of being semi-rigid, though that could very easily be solved by cutting up some thin plastic to fit into one of the larger pockets.
Old Jul 11, 2016, 11:51 am

Programs: Delta Gold, silver, what yr is it?
I have the old school shape Eagle Creek for most of my trips http://www.sierratradingpost.com/eag...=s~toiletry%2F

(I use other bags for various things - I have many eagle creek & lesportsac nylon bags I use for cosmetics, hair bands, OTC drugs to keep in my tote, etc) My husband tried the small EC wallaby and it was just a titch too small for him so we sent it back. LOVE the spectre super light weight nylon fabric though!

I've had various LLBean bags in the past as well - but most are larger than I now want. I prefer a couple of small bags to one huge one.
Old Jul 11, 2016, 8:52 pm
Original Poster

Have looked at all of the suggestions previously..
Amazon - I'm having a look.
Arcteryx and Eagle Creek - Not rigid. Easy enough to pull out of my bag, but scrunches up and won't slide in smoothly when i'm pushing it back into my bag.
Old Jul 12, 2016, 11:16 am

Programs: Delta Gold, silver, what yr is it?
Originally Posted by 5khours
Arcteryx and Eagle Creek - Not rigid.
Ah, misread your original post as you state "Not too high/thick and rigid or semi-rigid" to mean you wished to AVOID rigid. Sorry!

The Wallaby from Eagle Creek has a padded front that bugged the crap out of me but does make it a little "firmer". Not sure I'd go as far as semi-rigid, but it was more structure than I wanted....
Old Jul 12, 2016, 11:53 am

Programs: UA-GS 1MM), Hertz Pres Circle, Starriott Titanium)
Originally Posted by Hoyaheel
Ah, misread your original post as you state "Not too high/thick and rigid or semi-rigid" to mean you wished to AVOID rigid. Sorry!

The Wallaby from Eagle Creek has a padded front that bugged the crap out of me but does make it a little "firmer". Not sure I'd go as far as semi-rigid, but it was more structure than I wanted....
Yeah, OP has a comma missing somewhere. I misread it as well.
Old Jul 13, 2016, 11:33 am

I've been using the REI Shower Kit lately. I like it because it is plenty long enough for a toothbrush, has just enough structure to stand up on its own, and is incredibly lightweight. It also has a handy end handle, so I can stand it on its side in my carry-on and pull it out easily. It's not rigid or semi-rigid even, but it is easy to pull out of a rucksack. It also has several internal pockets and one zip external pocket.
Old Jul 13, 2016, 8:28 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by LordHamster
Yeah, OP has a comma missing somewhere. I misread it as well.
Tks. Fixed the post so it's clear.
Old Jul 13, 2016, 9:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by davie355
Consider the AmazonBasics Universal Travel Case: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B002VPE1QG/
Why couldn't they have made that 1/2" taller?!?!
Old Jul 19, 2016, 8:23 pm
Original Poster

I'm going to take a look at Victorinox toilet kit today.
Old Jul 19, 2016, 10:32 pm

Designed for A Different Purpose

Originally Posted by Loren Pechtel
Why couldn't they have made that 1/2" taller?!?!
I own 2 of these, and I use them to store cables, adapters, plugs and the like.
Given the interior design I think it is a safe bet to assume it's intended purpose was not as a toiletry kit.

FYI..it is rigid but any substantial weight will bend it.
Old Jul 20, 2016, 11:11 pm

Eagle Creek quicktrip toiletry kit. Have been using it for over 4 years now and it's awesome.
Old Jul 22, 2016, 7:37 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mzzxx11
Eagle Creek quicktrip toiletry kit. Have been using it for over 4 years now and it's awesome.
Looks great but it's too high/thick. Needs to be ~2"

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.