Quip toothbrush system

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Quip toothbrush system

Search this Thread

Old May 30, 2016, 9:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
Quip toothbrush system

I got a mailer about the Quip toothbrush system and wanted to see if anyone had tried it out. It seems to come with different packages but the basis being an electronic toothbrush (way more stylish than others but not really a deciding factor for myself) with a travel cover and shipments of replacement heads every 3 months and add-ons of 3 month supplies of toothpaste & travel sized toothpaste.

They're currently offering a 40-65$ 1 year plans of a toothbrush and 1 year of replacement heads, toothpaste and it seems 3 travel tubes.

So has anyone tried it?
Old May 30, 2016, 11:11 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, AAdvantage
Well, the toothpaste doesn't look enticing, I hate minted paste with a fiery passion but the toothbrush looks definitely smaller than the Oral-B I haul around and smaller is better and I like the reminders to change brushes so I will try.
Old May 31, 2016, 11:04 am

I was looking for a more powerful small electronic toothbrush to upgrade from my Panasonic Doltz travel toothbrush and came across this review of the quip vs Sonicare

The convenience seems to be a better reason to try it out than the electric part of it.

I have the one of the early Panasonic Doltz models. It gets the job done for a week or two, a bit feebly, and is smaller than the Sonicare Diamond Clean handle, nevermind the charging case. Omron has a model which charges off micro usb and looks about double the width of the doltz http://www.healthcare.omron.co.jp/pr...t/ht-b601.html
Old May 31, 2016, 7:07 pm

Originally Posted by freecia
Omron has a model which charges off micro usb and looks about double the width of the doltz http://www.healthcare.omron.co.jp/pr...t/ht-b601.html
For $75 it ought to sing me to sleep every night I'm on the road
Old May 31, 2016, 7:27 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, *A Silver
Not expensive enough.

Old Jun 1, 2016, 9:08 am
KCZ

My local drugstore sells Violife SlimSonic toothbrushes at three for 15 bucks. They work just as well off their battery as the more expensive rechargeable ones do and I'm not out much money if I leave one somewhere.
Old Jun 2, 2016, 10:22 am

Programs: UA
Originally Posted by KCZ
My local drugstore sells Violife SlimSonic toothbrushes at three for 15 bucks. They work just as well off their battery as the more expensive rechargeable ones do and I'm not out much money if I leave one somewhere.
Agreed - I recently got one for travel and it's been great on the several trips I've taken it on. $15 for three of them is a good deal - I paid $10 for one at Amazon, which I was still fine with. They come in myriad colors too if one cares. I was daring and got solid grey.
Old Jun 2, 2016, 1:22 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, AAdvantage
Originally Posted by KCZ
Huh? http://www.violife.com/Slim-sonic-po...ush-p/vs2t.htm this sells one for 15 bucks.
Old Jun 3, 2016, 3:46 pm
KCZ

Originally Posted by chx1975
Never buy them from Violife. Amazon has them for $7 right now.
Old Jun 4, 2016, 2:35 am

Programs: DL Diamond 1.7MM, Starlux Insighter, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
I was one of the first customers of Quip (got an invite through my startup's coworking space). While I hesitate to judge them by the very first products off the assembly line, I do have to say that I am no longer using the brush or the toothpaste.

The toothpaste had a curious taste and the quality of the packaging was low, so I stopped using it almost immediately. The brush I liked more and it lasted longer, and I did appreciate its size for travel purposes (much smaller than a Sonicare). But the long term reliability wasn't there and the power button failed after about six months.

Their customer service was great and offered to replace it at no charge, but I had bought a Sonicare in the interim and decided I liked it more, so I just cancelled Quip entirely. My teeth are definitely getting cleaner with the real Sonicare, even if it does take up an irritatingly large amount of space in my luggage when I travel.

If you wanted a brush for occasional travel, the Quip is nicely designed - but it doesn't have the longevity to last for an extended period of time, and I'd strongly suggest you skip the toothpaste.
Old Jun 4, 2016, 2:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
Thank you for the honest review.

Originally Posted by BenA
I was one of the first customers of Quip (got an invite through my startup's coworking space). While I hesitate to judge them by the very first products off the assembly line, I do have to say that I am no longer using the brush or the toothpaste.

The toothpaste had a curious taste and the quality of the packaging was low, so I stopped using it almost immediately. The brush I liked more and it lasted longer, and I did appreciate its size for travel purposes (much smaller than a Sonicare). But the long term reliability wasn't there and the power button failed after about six months.

Their customer service was great and offered to replace it at no charge, but I had bought a Sonicare in the interim and decided I liked it more, so I just cancelled Quip entirely. My teeth are definitely getting cleaner with the real Sonicare, even if it does take up an irritatingly large amount of space in my luggage when I travel.

If you wanted a brush for occasional travel, the Quip is nicely designed - but it doesn't have the longevity to last for an extended period of time, and I'd strongly suggest you skip the toothpaste.
Old Jun 6, 2018, 6:30 pm

Programs: MileagePlus and a bunch of hotel programs
I also was a fairly early susbscriber to Quip but stopped using it. I definitely didn't like the taste of the toothpaste. Then, after a few months, the brush head would detach from the handle at the slightest pressure. So I'm not a huge fan.
ross123 likes this.
Old Jun 6, 2018, 10:40 pm
Original Poster

I've been using it for about 2.5 years and have had some ups & downs with it and the customer service. It is convenient particularly for its size at home & traveling but I don't think I'd purchase it again with other options available.
Old Jun 7, 2018, 9:21 am

I've been using the Quip since last November; I didn't bother getting their toothpaste and just went with the yearly head replacement subscription.

I'm enjoying it so far; the only problems that I've had were when I originally subscribed I messed up and ended up with an extra brush head; customer service cleared up my problem and said I could keep the extra head...which ties into the second problem, which is that it takes a bit longer for the heads to arrive due to crossing the US/CDN border - however, since I have an "extra" head, I'm able to replace it every 3 months without a delay (I just set the latest head aside until it's time to swap it out again).
Old Jun 12, 2018, 4:37 pm

I used it for about a 18 months You get a new head every six months (I think) and I had a problem replacing the head. After the first head was due for replacement, I followed the instructions and replaced it. The new head would vibrate off every couple of days. I sent it back and they said it was defective (the whole unit), they replaced it as expected and the second one was great for the initial but then the replacement had the same problem. I cancelled my subscriptions (kudos to them for the ease of cancelling) and went to the phillips. That said I like the form factor and feel of the quip. once they get the head replacement process to be a better locking mechanism I will be back.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.