Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Business Casual Pants suggestions

Search this Thread

Old Oct 21, 2016, 3:31 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K
Personally, I don't let my skin come into contact with anything from Scottevest after meeting their owner. He's a real piece of work.
Old Oct 21, 2016, 10:35 pm

There's also Dickies. A lot of different styles.
Flex Twill 65% poly 35% cotton.
http://www.dickies.com/mens-clothing...v2=flex-fabric
Old Oct 22, 2016, 6:00 pm

Programs: AC SE, *A Gold, IHG Plat, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold, Hertz President's Circle
anyone know if we can get Bluffworks in Canada?
Old Oct 23, 2016, 4:19 pm

Programs: UA Pt, Marriott Ti, Hertz PC
You can order online and have them shipped to you. Only difference is that you'll have to pay for shipping and whatever import duties/VAT/etc that apply to you.

http://shop.bluffworks.com/pages/shipping-returns
Old Oct 23, 2016, 10:50 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by Shanqx
anyone know if we can get Bluffworks in Canada?
I'm Canadian. Had them shipped to my office. As per everything else, shipping runs a little extra.
Old Oct 28, 2016, 9:36 am

Just a report back from our trip to Italy. Wore my Bluffworks for 9 days straight. Weather was as cold as 45F/7C and as warm as 80F/27C, with some scattered showers and drizzles on some days. We walked an average of 11-12 miles per day around Venice, Florence, and Rom.

These pants performed VERY well. They were fine in the cooler weather, but they were really great in the heat down in Rome. In jeans or other cotton pants, I'd get very sweaty. The BW, by contrast, kept me very cool, even while walking around under the sun on an 80F day.

The front zippered pockets are great. I never felt ill-at-ease with my phone on one side and wallet on the other. I never really used the rear zippered pocket, as I don't like things back there in general, but I did find a use for the so-called phone pocket - extra cash. It's very well-hidden and I seriously doubt that it's pick-pocketable, given the depth and snugness.

As for quality, I have one gripe about these pants - the fabric on the inside of the pockets frayed quite a bit. It didn't affect the integrity of the pocket, but it was very annoying to reach into my pocket for loose change or receipts or whatever and grab all that mess of thread. I eventually trimmed it all off when I got home, but that should be addressed.

And not a gripe, but observation - for some reason, I thought these had a DWR coating, but they do not. I'm sure I must have gotten that confused with one of the other myriad pants I was considering, but DWR would be a nice add, as far as features go.

Otherwise, they were great!

Last edited by gobluetwo; Oct 28, 2016 at 9:50 am
Old Oct 31, 2016, 4:55 pm

Programs: AA PLT, AS MVPG, WN CP
Agreed with sentiments on Bluffworks but pretty surprised to see no mention of Ministry of Supply (recently changed to just Ministry). Wore a pair of the Navy Going Places pant for 14 hour flight, slept in them, woke up and started the day without a single wrinkle in them.

Super comfortable and look very dressy. The pockets are nice and deep, albeit without the zippered pocket features of the Bluffworks, but plenty deep for passport and large mobile devices. Easy to find discounts for first time orders and they will reimburse (with store credit) for altering the pants. Free shipping and returns too.
Old Nov 2, 2016, 1:00 pm

What is the thigh room like on the Bluffworks pants? Was about to order some different sizes of the Heritage to check them out, but then noticed the Heritage products may not be returned or exchanged.
Old Nov 2, 2016, 3:52 pm

Programs: Delta - Diamond, Marriott - Platinum, Hilton - Platinum
Two More Suggestions

Lululemon ABC - Was introduced to these a couple months ago, already have four pair. Little heavier weight than the UA, below, but a great versatile pant... https://shop.lululemon.com/p/men-pan...LM5335S_028095

Under Armour Match Play Vent Pant - yes, it's technically a golf pant, but light weight, patch vented material, quick dry, and comfortable as any pant out there... https://www.underarmour.com/en-us/me...nts/pid1259430
Old Nov 2, 2016, 4:03 pm

A buddy of mine has the Lululemon pants and he LOVES them.

As for BW thigh room, I'm a thinner guy, but feel like the original fit is pretty standard as far as thigh room goes - definitely NOT a tailored or slim fit.
Old Nov 7, 2016, 12:03 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG Gold
Haggar 18 or Haggar eCLo pants? What is the difference?
Old Nov 10, 2016, 8:24 am

Programs: Kettle Class
Several credit cards offer "Return Protection" for products you may be unsatisfied with but cannot return to the merchant.

Originally Posted by Bama87
What is the thigh room like on the Bluffworks pants? Was about to order some different sizes of the Heritage to check them out, but then noticed the Heritage products may not be returned or exchanged.
Old Nov 20, 2016, 8:25 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, SWA A-list +
have you guys seen Kuhl, stuff looks cool. not like typical hiking pants. I tried them on at REI and the material was great. (they have different fits in some of their lines, so you will likely need to try them on).
Old Nov 20, 2016, 8:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by envgeo
have you guys seen Kuhl, stuff looks cool. not like typical hiking pants. I tried them on at REI and the material was great. (they have different fits in some of their lines, so you will likely need to try them on).
Also at REI, PrAna. They run slim, but really comfortable and travel well if they fit you.
Old Nov 22, 2016, 7:38 pm

Kuhl makes nice stuff, but the pants I've seen were more on the casual side of business casual. Perhaps they have newer styles I've not seen.

Originally Posted by envgeo

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.