Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Products
Reload this Page >

Two compartment (Briggs and Riley U175 bag) and an unsorted pack-n-go travel style??

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Two compartment (Briggs and Riley U175 bag) and an unsorted pack-n-go travel style??

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2016, 12:17 pm
Original Poster

There is a local like new U175 on CL for $200, which seems to be a great deal for this caliber of a bag.

My concerns are

1) This appears to be a two-compartment bag, correct? My packing almost exclusively consist of jeans, polo shirts, and under-garmets. I typically pile the white stuff in there without much order, and place the rolled clothing garmets on top, and close the lid. This is a 5 minute or less process.

Will I be disappointed with this two compartment setup? Can it be "disabled" for one large bag? Or do you think I will adjust and like the bag, and this won't present any problems?

2) Is this bag about the largest you can get on a US-carrier operated domestic or international flight?
Old May 22, 2016, 2:11 pm

Programs: Amex Plat, AA, BA Silver, Marriott Plat, Choice Gold, HHonors Gold, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by johndoe123
There is a local like new U175 on CL for $200, which seems to be a great deal for this caliber of a bag.

My concerns are

1) This appears to be a two-compartment bag, correct? My packing almost exclusively consist of jeans, polo shirts, and under-garmets. I typically pile the white stuff in there without much order, and place the rolled clothing garmets on top, and close the lid. This is a 5 minute or less process.

Will I be disappointed with this two compartment setup? Can it be "disabled" for one large bag? Or do you think I will adjust and like the bag, and this won't present any problems?

2) Is this bag about the largest you can get on a US-carrier operated domestic or international flight?
Can't really answer your first question since I haven't used this bag or a similar style. In regards to question 2, however, I have other B&R bags that are advertised at 22" x 14" x 9", and although the real-life dimensions tend to be slightly larger (measurements seem to take the most rosy view of wheels and handles), I have never had an issue fitting them into baggage sizers, which are also slightly larger than 22" x 14" x 9", or using them on full-sized jets domestically or internationally. You will have one of two problems on regional jets: either you won't be able to fit the bag in the overhead or as soon as the FAs see a full-sized roller bag, they tend to make you gate check it even if it might fit in the overhead.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.