Wiki Posts
Search

Health Ins When Out of the USA ?

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2016, 7:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta
Health Ins When Out of the USA ?

When traveling outside of the USA do you buy health insurance ?

If you do what product do you recommend ?

Thanks
Old May 10, 2016, 7:27 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
It depends very much on the health care policy you have in the USA, whether provided through your emplyer or otherwise.
Old May 10, 2016, 9:29 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Please follow this thread as I move it to the Travel Products Forum
Obscure2k
TravelBuzz Moderator
Old May 20, 2016, 10:46 am

Programs: COdbaUA 1K MM, AA EXP, Bonbon Gold, GHA Titanium, Hertz PC, NEXUS and GE
Originally Posted by peachman
When traveling outside of the USA do you buy health insurance ?

If you do what product do you recommend ?

Thanks
If I am going somewhere without a high level, universal health care system (basically Canada, most of Europe and Japan), I buy a policy from World Nomads. I don't buy a yearly policy, as those don't have nearly the teeth in them that some of the set length ones do.
Old May 22, 2016, 5:49 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
It depends very much on the health care policy you have in the USA, whether provided through your emplyer or otherwise.
Big time.

It also depends on where you're going and your personal health situation.

Example: I personally wouldn't buy travel insurance going to the UK or Argentina because both those countries' health systems cover accidental injury even to visitors. But Canada's provincial systems don't, so I'd buy travel insurance if my American health insurance didn't cover accidental injuries in Canada.

Likewise, if I had some sort of health condition that might cause issues overseas, I'd probably pay up even if I were going to the UK.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.