Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lupine Piko 1200 Lumen Flashlight

Search this Thread

Old May 2, 2016, 2:22 pm
Original Poster

Lupine Piko 1200 Lumen Flashlight

I recently purchased a Lupine Piko 1200 Lumen Flashlight for cabin as well as possible emergency use and what a incredible light by Lupine of Germany. Great build and tremendous quality.. Small enough to carry in my small tote as well during travel..Anyone else using a Lupine Torch?
Old May 2, 2016, 4:48 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, AAdvantage
Are you talking of http://www.lupinenorthamerica.com/piko-tl-minimax.asp this 370 USD flashlight? At that price it needs to provide antigravity beyond light to be worth it. Also why do you need a flashlight in a cabin and if it's because people are asleep then why do you need an incredibly bright one?
Old May 2, 2016, 10:21 pm

Programs: QF
I've been carrying a Foursevens Quark Mini MA for the past few years as a travel light. Highly recommended.

https://www.foursevens.com/products/flashlights/Mini
Old May 2, 2016, 11:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bulbmogul
I recently purchased a Lupine Piko 1200 Lumen Flashlight for cabin as well as possible emergency use and what a incredible light by Lupine of Germany. Great build and tremendous quality.. Small enough to carry in my small tote as well during travel..Anyone else using a Lupine Torch?
Too much light, too much price.
Old May 3, 2016, 4:45 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by chx1975
Are you talking of http://www.lupinenorthamerica.com/piko-tl-minimax.asp this 370 USD flashlight? At that price it needs to provide antigravity beyond light to be worth it. Also why do you need a flashlight in a cabin and if it's because people are asleep then why do you need an incredibly bright one?
It has various settings and while on aircraft i can set it to 50 Lumens if need be. Not only does it come in hand on the lane but in my nightly use of constant power outages in Galkissa, Sri Lanka. I also have the Lupine Betty TL2 and that one sells for USD $1000.00
Old May 3, 2016, 9:00 am

Programs: UA, AA, DL, B6, CX, KE, Latitude, VIFP, Crown & Anchor, etc.
Overkill - leave that in the car compartment. For the business traveler & even for FA, I cannot imagine any practical use in the cabin, emergencies or otherwise, to warrant carrying such ... granted it's marketed as top-of-the-line product on its own merit.

Perfectly fine with a "generic" branded, 3W Cree Q5 250LM LED Flashlight w. adjustable convex len, hi-low-flash 3 way mode that also run a regular AA (reduced output vs. 14500), enough to illuminate the hotel suite, building hallways, backyard & under the car hood, etc. Extra bright for reading menu, plentiful power under the seats to look for small items dropped onto cabin floor - under $10 each & very affordable - have several of them for use strategically, DW has one in her purse. If I lost or drop one somewhere, not a big loss.

Rather than spending money for a Surefire or Pelican, upgraded my 3-cell and 4-cell Maglight w. LED as those served secondary duties as necessary. As for sustainability, i.e. extended power outage or major disaster/emergency deployment as reserve first responders, grab the Go-Kit with spare batteries rather than worried about a charging source, a pack of spare Duracell CopperTop batteries and NOT the overpriced hyped Quantum. To each their own, I suppose.

Q's for OP, to be prepared for emergencies on any trip, what else do you pack in your EDC to compliment your light source, a compact trauma/first aid pouch ? Satellite phone ?
Old May 19, 2016, 10:49 am

Programs: Aegean *G
i have the 1500lm version of the Piko attached to my bicycle. what a great light!

I believe that a Piko is an overkill for an EDC flashlight. i usually carry a surefire backup flashlight with 200lm and its plenty sufficient.
Old May 19, 2016, 1:42 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by kapami
i have the 1500lm version of the Piko attached to my bicycle. what a great light!

I believe that a Piko is an overkill for an EDC flashlight. i usually carry a surefire backup flashlight with 200lm and its plenty sufficient.
http://www.pbase.com/bulbmogul/image/163202408

These are my 2 new Surefire Lights . The Surefire Arc2-8C and the Surefire Hellfighter5 Both HID
Old May 19, 2016, 5:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I can't see it as likely that my need for a flashlight during routine travel can't be met by my Android smartphone.
Old May 20, 2016, 8:24 am

Programs: UA 1K
Hmm... a username called "Bulbmogul" shows up here to pitch a stupidly overpriced flashlight...

That doesn't seem suspicious at all, does it?
Old May 20, 2016, 11:41 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Boogie711
Hmm... a username called "Bulbmogul" shows up here to pitch a stupidly overpriced flashlight...

That doesn't seem suspicious at all, does it?
Actually if you really like to know, I collect early Thomas Edison Incandescent Lamps and related artifacts. I also collect and use high end HID and LED Flashlights..Hope that your not offended by the name BULBMOGUL?
Old May 20, 2016, 2:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bulbmogul
Actually if you really like to know, I collect early Thomas Edison Incandescent Lamps and related artifacts. I also collect and use high end HID and LED Flashlights..Hope that your not offended by the name BULBMOGUL?
It's not a matter of offended, but rather that it sounds like something a spammer might do.
Old May 20, 2016, 3:39 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Loren Pechtel
It's not a matter of offended, but rather that it sounds like something a spammer might do.
Well NOT SPAMMER either. Hope thats clear..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.