Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Loyalty card wallets

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8, 2016, 3:40 pm
Original Poster

Loyalty card wallets

I've got so many loyalty cards relating to travel that I keep them in a separate credit card wallet holder. It's got 15 pockets and I put two in each pocket.

However I've got more than the wallet holder can fit now, and I'd like one with 30 pockets. I've been around town today and can't find any that hold more than 15.

Does anyone know somewhere in the UK that stocks holders with a bigger capacity, or a website that sells them?
Old Feb 8, 2016, 6:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
Here is what I use for my day to day "wallet" - with maybe 4 credit cards, health card, DL, etc.

And I use the same for my stack of hotel/airline/rental cards which go in my carryon bag.

Works great: http://www.rubberbands.co.uk/FP_Bands.jpg
Old Feb 8, 2016, 7:06 pm

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
Originally Posted by NoStressHere
Here is what I use for my day to day "wallet" - with maybe 4 credit cards, health card, DL, etc.

And I use the same for my stack of hotel/airline/rental cards which go in my carryon bag.

Works great: http://www.rubberbands.co.uk/FP_Bands.jpg
+1. But I actually use this one..

http://www.google.com/search?site=&s...54.gSHLtDEXgjs
Old Feb 8, 2016, 8:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
Originally Posted by Crazyhotelguy
That works great for the cards in the carryon/computer bag. Not so much in the pocket - LOL!

Actually, a handful of those are a must pack in our roll-on/suitcases. Weigh NOTHING and take ZERO space, and sure can come in handy. If we pack some snack items in the carryon, and leave a bit of air in them, they stay safe. Nothing like reaching for some crackers only to find them smashed to the point you need a straw to eat them.
Old Feb 9, 2016, 3:11 am

Programs: A3 *G, BA Silver
That's a lot of cards! Can you downsize your physical card count? Lots of cards are now available on an app and I've moved the majority of my cards to my phone. Hotels don't seem to care if you have the card or not - the number is usually fine.

The only loyalty cards I carry all the time are my two airline cards and Diners Club for occaisional lounge access.

(Unless of course you have a card fetish, in which case, fill your wallet and enjoy!)
Old Feb 9, 2016, 3:17 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MAN Pax
That's a lot of cards! Can you downsize your physical card count? Lots of cards are now available on an app and I've moved the majority of my cards to my phone. Hotels don't seem to care if you have the card or not - the number is usually fine.

The only loyalty cards I carry all the time are my two airline cards and Diners Club for occaisional lounge access.

(Unless of course you have a card fetish, in which case, fill your wallet and enjoy!)
I don't use a mobile so that's not an option alas. I like to carry them around because, well, you never know when you might need them.
Old Feb 9, 2016, 3:50 am

Programs: A3 *G, BA Silver
Originally Posted by goldencondor
I don't use a mobile so that's not an option alas. I like to carry them around because, well, you never know when you might need them.
Maybe now's the time to join the 21st Century
Old Feb 9, 2016, 7:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I would agree that hotels and airlines really don't care about the cards.

Credit cards, or even airline cards that get you into lounges are another story. Carry those for sure. I do travel with at least two credit cards and two ATM cards. My wife has different credit cards(accounts) just in case.
Old Feb 9, 2016, 12:27 pm

30 cards for trip? Surely you won't even use a fraction of those cards when you travel.
Old Feb 9, 2016, 12:29 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by flumoxed
30 cards for trip? Surely you won't even use a fraction of those cards when you travel.
Correct. But I want to be able to store everything together. I don't want to be swapping cards in and out every time I go on a trip.
Old Feb 9, 2016, 4:23 pm

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, HHonors Diamond
Not sure if it's useful, but I hate carrying more cards than necessary, so for my Clubcard and Nectar card I scanned them to a computer, shrunk them to a small size (about the size that the keyring fobs are if you've seen them?), printed double sided then laminated. It's much more convenient to carry and can be scanned easily at the checkouts etc. Perhaps you could do something similar with your cards?
Old Feb 9, 2016, 6:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by goldencondor
Correct. But I want to be able to store everything together. I don't want to be swapping cards in and out every time I go on a trip.
My stack is so high, that is exactly what I do. I take what I need for each trip.

There are a few that go on every trip and stay the computer bag.
Old Feb 9, 2016, 6:58 pm

Programs: DL Silver, AS MVP, UA Silver, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, National Exec Elite
I agree with the others that very few are ever really needed. To take the scan/laminate idea a bit further, why not just laminate a list of the actual numbers for each program... an agent can usually work with that without the need to swipe/scan a strip/barcode.

Lastly, if you're storing it in a briefcase/backpack/purse/etc and not in your pocket,
something like this intended for organizing business cards something like this intended for organizing business cards
might work if you absolutely have to have all of your cards with you at one time and even give you room to grow.
Old Feb 10, 2016, 2:04 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by IsleOfMan

Lastly, if you're storing it in a briefcase/backpack/purse/etc and not in your pocket, something like this intended for organizing business cards might work if you absolutely have to have all of your cards with you at one time and even give you room to grow.
Thanks for everyone's suggestions so far. Some good options!
Old Feb 11, 2016, 8:27 pm

Programs: DL PM, TK Black, AA dirt
You can go for a Bellroy wallet - they have a carry-all version Has passport pockets and a pen.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.