Loyalty card wallets

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Loyalty card wallets

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15, 2016, 10:03 am

Originally Posted by IsleOfMan
I agree with the others that very few are ever really needed. To take the scan/laminate idea a bit further, why not just laminate a list of the actual numbers for each program... an agent can usually work with that without the need to swipe/scan a strip/barcode.

Lastly, if you're storing it in a briefcase/backpack/purse/etc and not in your pocket, something like this intended for organizing business cards might work if you absolutely have to have all of your cards with you at one time and even give you room to grow.
I use one of those to store loyalty cards, credit cards, etc. at home to keep everything in one place. Then, I just grab what I think I will need for each trip. Normally, it is credit cards that get swapped and lounge access. The loyalty cards just sit there. I can't remember the last time I was asked for one - the numbers are on my phone.

Even if you don't have a smartphone, you could set up a contact and add all your numbers. EIther as one large contact or with each program as another number.

I try not to carry more than 4 from the collection at a time.
Old Feb 15, 2016, 10:19 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DrSavant
You can go for a Bellroy wallet - they have a carry-all version Has passport pockets and a pen.
Originally Posted by dakuda
I use one of those to store loyalty cards, credit cards, etc. at home to keep everything in one place. Then, I just grab what I think I will need for each trip. Normally, it is credit cards that get swapped and lounge access. The loyalty cards just sit there. I can't remember the last time I was asked for one - the numbers are on my phone.

Even if you don't have a smartphone, you could set up a contact and add all your numbers. EIther as one large contact or with each program as another number.

I try not to carry more than 4 from the collection at a time.
Thanks for the suggestions, gents!

Does anyone use those AwardWallet.com cards with all your membership numbers printed on?
Old Feb 15, 2016, 1:53 pm

Is this the type of item you are possibly wanting?
Amazon.com : Rolodex Business Card Book with Zipper, 120-Card, Black (66490) : Business Card Holders : Office Products Amazon.com : Rolodex Business Card Book with Zipper, 120-Card, Black (66490) : Business Card Holders : Office Products

There are a number on there of different sizes and types. I carry this one
Amazon.com : Rolodex Business Card Book 96-Card, Black and Gold (67473) : Business Card Holders : Office Products Amazon.com : Rolodex Business Card Book 96-Card, Black and Gold (67473) : Business Card Holders : Office Products
for all my loyalty cards, shopping cards etc. My credit cards, license etc go in my wallet.
Old Feb 15, 2016, 4:31 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sunshineaz
Is this the type of item you are possibly wanting? Amazon.com : Rolodex Business Card Book with Zipper, 120-Card, Black (66490) : Business Card Holders : Office Products

There are a number on there of different sizes and types. I carry this one Amazon.com : Rolodex Business Card Book 96-Card, Black and Gold (67473) : Business Card Holders : Office Products for all my loyalty cards, shopping cards etc. My credit cards, license etc go in my wallet.
The right idea but probably too bulky. I'd go for one with a smaller capacity, and from Amazon UK. Thanks though
Old Apr 26, 2016, 3:01 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sunshineaz
Is this the type of item you are possibly wanting? Amazon.com : Rolodex Business Card Book with Zipper, 120-Card, Black (66490) : Business Card Holders : Office Products

There are a number on there of different sizes and types. I carry this one Amazon.com : Rolodex Business Card Book 96-Card, Black and Gold (67473) : Business Card Holders : Office Products for all my loyalty cards, shopping cards etc. My credit cards, license etc go in my wallet.
I went for something similar, in the end. It's a 60 pocket business card holder from ebay UK. Posted from Hong Kong and the price was £1.82, with free postage, so I don't know how they've made any money out of it!

Couple of pics:

Old Apr 26, 2016, 9:12 am

Programs: DL Silver, AS MVP, UA Silver, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, National Exec Elite
Looks like it should do the trick... though I think you'll quickly learn it can be left at home 99% of the time.
Old Apr 26, 2016, 10:14 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by IsleOfMan
Looks like it should do the trick... though I think you'll quickly learn it can be left at home 99% of the time.
I agree, though my coat has a *very* deep pocket in the lining, so that's where it has gone. A few other cards gone in there as well - hotels, Regus, local taxi business cards...
Old Apr 28, 2016, 1:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
Just a note -

as a user of these for filing business card before the days of the palm pilot: The cards will stick to the plastic and will have difficulties in removal, paper stock as well as plastic stock.
Old Apr 29, 2016, 3:16 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by tentseller
Just a note -

as a user of these for filing business card before the days of the palm pilot: The cards will stick to the plastic and will have difficulties in removal, paper stock as well as plastic stock.
Thank you. This exact product? Will keep an eye on it.
Old Apr 29, 2016, 10:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
Originally Posted by goldencondor
Thank you. This exact product? Will keep an eye on it.
Base on your photo and the price you paid for it; close enough.

Low cost Asian made with lowest cost material.
Old Apr 29, 2016, 11:31 am

Programs: DL Silver, AS MVP, UA Silver, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, National Exec Elite
Anything with PVC pages like this will leach/stick over time. Keeping it out of the heat will help more than anything else.
Old May 8, 2016, 2:05 pm

Check out coin. Have not used it or know of anyone who has used it but sounds cool. On reviews that I have read, the only thing that it had trouble with was a subway pass because the card was too thick for the reader.

https://onlycoin.com/

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.