Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Products
Reload this Page >

Roller handle pass-through for backpack

Old Jan 31, 2016, 5:14 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, HHonors Diamond

Is anyone aware of a strap or some other good solution to allow a normal backpack to be used with a pass through for a roller handle..
Like this http://cdn1.ebags.com/is/image/im3/143143_1_6?resmode=4&op_usm=1,1,1,&qlt=95,1&hei=30 0&wid=300&align=0,1
Old Jan 31, 2016, 9:26 am

Programs: AA EXP/2.9mm | Marriott LT Titanium 1.6k nights | NEXUS
Like what? Your link doesn't pull up a product. You do know there's a way to insert a link in the message menu right?
Old Jan 31, 2016, 9:45 am

Programs: AA EXP/2.9mm | Marriott LT Titanium 1.6k nights | NEXUS
My Tumi backpack opening isn't wide enough for a Rimowa handle. I use one if these, cut it to about 16" and secure the bag thru the top handle to the grip. Reverse the strap so the loop or soft section is on the inside if you want just hang onto the loop and the rollaboard handle instead of securing the bag to the handle grip with this thing. Either way is easier and faster than a strap with buckles. And faster than lifting the backpack up and over the handle if you use the pass through.
REI - redpoint-2-sided-hook-and-loop-strap
Old Jan 31, 2016, 12:48 pm

Programs: UA, AA, DL, B6, CX, KE, Latitude, VIFP, Crown & Anchor, etc.
OP's link - I think - is this http://cdn1.ebags.com/is/image/im3/143143_1_6?

Not sure what OP is trying to accomplish - perhaps one of these bungee strap system will work http://www.ebay.com/itm/261712363923...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
Old Jan 31, 2016, 5:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
I am continually amazed to the people that put their 2nd bag on TOP of the roller bag. If you hang if off the bag so that it is LOW and near the bottom of the roller bag, it is way easier to roll.

The center of gravity changes. One way stresses your arms and it is heavy. The other way allows you to almost pull the bag with a finger or two.

Amazing.
Old Feb 1, 2016, 1:47 am

Originally Posted by NoStressHere
I am continually amazed to the people that put their 2nd bag on TOP of the roller bag. If you hang if off the bag so that it is LOW and near the bottom of the roller bag, it is way easier to roll....allows you to almost pull the bag with a finger or two.
Ditto to this.
Old Feb 1, 2016, 8:44 am

Programs: UA gold, Hyatt Plat Marriott silver,Hilton Gold, PC Plat., SPG Gold.,Hertz Gold, Global Entry
I have a Everki versa backpack. It is TSA friendly and has a pass through sleeve that will fit on your roller bag. It holds a lot, and I have taken it all over the world. I believe most of the Everki bags have a pass through sleeve. Found mine on amazon.
Old Feb 1, 2016, 10:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by Letitride3c
OP's link - I think - is this http://cdn1.ebags.com/is/image/im3/143143_1_6?

Not sure what OP is trying to accomplish - perhaps one of these bungee strap system will work http://www.ebay.com/itm/261712363923...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
That'll do the job nicely, thanks!
Old Feb 1, 2016, 11:58 am

Programs: Global Entry, TSA PreCheck, UA Premier, Marriott Titanium Elite
If you don't want to buy it on eBay, Amazon sells it as well. I bought one myself a few years ago.
Amazon.com: Travelon Bag Bungee, Black, One Size: Clothing Amazon.com: Travelon Bag Bungee, Black, One Size: Clothing
Old Feb 1, 2016, 2:05 pm

I've carried a "regular" (non-pass through sleeve, think "Hey, I'm a college sophomore" style) backpack on top of a rolling carry-on by "crossing" the straps in the back of the pack and then sliding the crossed straps over the handle/bar and down. No, not very elegant. But it works in a pinch and the criss-cross action seems to keep it in place well. If it tends to slip sideways, tighten the backpack straps to make 'em shorter.

But that may not be what you're looking for...
Old Feb 6, 2016, 8:19 am

Originally Posted by NoStressHere
I am continually amazed to the people that put their 2nd bag on TOP of the roller bag. If you hang if off the bag so that it is LOW and near the bottom of the roller bag, it is way easier to roll.

The center of gravity changes. One way stresses your arms and it is heavy. The other way allows you to almost pull the bag with a finger or two.

Amazing.
Are you that weak or do you just pack a lot of stuff?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.