Search

Spirit's new one free item dimensions 17 x 13 x 8

Search this Thread

Old Dec 15, 2015, 8:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Spirit Frequent Flyer
Spirit's new one free item dimensions 17 x 13 x 8

New dimensions for personal item are below

For travel after 3/31/2016, dimensions must not exceed 17 x 13 x 8 inches (43 x 33 x 20 cm) including handles and wheels.

I am in search of luggage matching this and finding it to be a difficult find.

Hoping someone can assist here. The American Tourister that everyone was using at 15"L x 14"W x 8.5"H

My current luggage is exactly 16 x 14 x 12 inches and will no longer work which is kind of a bummer and it is obvious why they are switching lanes to try to catch people not meeting the guidelines so many people own the American Tourister that frequent this airline.
Old Dec 17, 2015, 9:08 am

Amazon Amazon

google kicked that back 17x13x8.

thank me later :P
Old Dec 19, 2015, 8:27 pm

Oh, look, another reason not to fly Spirit.
Old Dec 20, 2015, 1:10 am

Programs: Marriot Am, MU Pt
That's just ridiculous.
Old Dec 20, 2015, 7:04 pm

Thanks for the tip. I'll make sure to not fly with them. Strange.. they choose to not strive to accommodate customer wants and needs.
Old Dec 21, 2015, 5:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
Some suggestions here:
http://insideexpat.com/spirit-airlin...g-requirements
Old Dec 21, 2015, 1:16 pm

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by kantscholar
Oh, look, another reason not to fly Spirit.
Like the first 20 weren't enough
Old Dec 21, 2015, 6:22 pm

I just took my first round trip Spirit flight. The fare was very cheap, I even paid for the seat assignment and a carry on (with the free personal bag) and it was still half the cost of the other airlines. MSY-ORD. They left on time, were very polite, and the plane was only 6 months old and really clean. I never recline my seat so maybe that's why I didn't miss that feature. I wouldn't want to take an airline like that internationally, but it was completely fine. I was really worried before the flight, after reading all the griping about it, but it was totally fine.
Old Feb 6, 2016, 10:13 am
Formerly known as billinaz

Programs: US Airways Dividend Miles, American AAdvantage, Avis Preferred, Budget Rapid Rez, Hilton Honors
Originally Posted by ayodeji13
http://www.amazon.com/American-Touri.../dp/B00MW1XEAS

google kicked that back 17x13x8.

thank me later :P
That will only work IF you are very careful not to pack anything in that will expand it.
Old Feb 7, 2016, 5:36 am

The Red Oxx Extra Small Aviator is advertised @ 17" X 13" X 8" and should work, right ?
Old Feb 8, 2016, 11:36 am

Programs: UA Pt, Marriott Ti, Hertz PC
Note: it appears that Spirit has reversed course on the carry-on size change. First saw it here:

http://mommypoints.boardingarea.com/...free-carry-on/

We had been preparing for a potential change in personal item sizes, however we decided a few weeks ago not to implement that change. While we always like to encourage passengers to carry less, we will continue to offer the largest personal size item of any ultra-low cost carrier. You can find all the latest info here: https://customersupport.spirit.com/h...mits-for-bags-
Old Feb 15, 2016, 4:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: Spirit Frequent Flyer
Well thank goodness I only bought one of the new bag and still have a full set of the old bag for the family.

It seems everyone hates on Spirit I absolutely love Spirit the luggage size even if it is the new dimensions which does not seem to be the case or the old I can easily fit everything in that luggage and the flight price is way way cheaper than other airlines.

The price of snacks is ridiculous and no free drink and cookies big deal pack your own drink and cookies! lol

Spirit flyer 4 life!
Old Feb 16, 2016, 8:09 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, AA Ex. PLT, Delta Diamond
Does anyone know if you sit in the BIG FRONT seats do you get an bigger allowance for luggage (lbs and dimensions) or does everyone get the same regardless?
Old Feb 16, 2016, 8:40 am

Programs: UA Pt, Marriott Ti, Hertz PC
Everyone gets the same regardless. Spirit is completely unbundled. One fee has nothing to do with another. Baggage is baggage, BFS is BFS, and never the twain shall meet.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.