Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Products
Reload this Page >

Confused about which Passport Holder, Wallet or Sleeve I should go for.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 22, 2015, 11:47 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

I am traveling to US from India in next month with my family and want really good, functional passport holders for our passports. I came across a really good India site having a good variety of passport holders, wallets, sleeves etc. Since we are flying for the first time, I am not understanding which passport holders we should go for because which holders exactly will be useful. Can anyone help me to make me understand the difference between the holders on this site:
http://www.gogappa.com/passport-holders ??
I want passport holder for 5 people, that's why I want to confirm before buying. Please help. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by DinaP; Sep 23, 2015 at 2:00 am
Old Sep 26, 2015, 4:59 pm
Moderator: Information Desk, Women Travelers, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold
Skip the passport holder. US immigration will probably ask you to remove your passport from it in any event.
Old Sep 26, 2015, 10:29 pm

If you want something just to keep all the passports together so they don't get lost just find a small zippered bag that can fit in your carry on to keep them in. A small bag intended for keeping cosmetics or shaving supplies would should work fine. While they don't look the best and they get mocked here a lot even one of those neck pouches would probably work as well.

I would avoid the cover style because most immigration officers are going to ask you to remove them so they can inspect the passport. Personally I use a wallet style that has slots for my passport, IDs, credit cards, frequent flier/hotel cards, etc and a spot to keep some cash.
Old Sep 27, 2015, 12:52 am

We're just using a rubber band to keep ours together.
Old Sep 28, 2015, 1:21 pm

Whatever holder you get should shield your passport, etc, from RFID - radio frequency identity d.......... (don't remember).

My wallet has RFID protection and I put all my cards in it - mostly so no one can steal my credit card information.

Welcome to the US!
Old Sep 30, 2015, 10:52 am

Muji.com sells all sorts of passport holder and gadget bags....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.