Search

New member - Rimowa question

Search this Thread

Old Sep 18, 2015, 5:59 am
Original Poster

New member - Rimowa question

Hello to all,

This is my first post.

I am travelling to Australia next month for four months and need another piece of luggage. I like Rimowa and have a Topas 74.5cm + Topas 56cm (for cabin use) but its been checked in a few times on budget flights. I think a 63cm will be my next move but not many shops here in London seem to stock it.

Is this a poor choice?

With best,
SY
Old Sep 18, 2015, 11:19 am

Programs: HHonors / UA M+ / TK M&S Elite
What's the motivation for the 63cm? Seems like your current setup would do nicely, as is.
Old Sep 18, 2015, 1:06 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by TPACjv
What's the motivation for the 63cm? Seems like your current setup would do nicely, as is.
Indeed my set is sweet but I have a wife and two children now and we need another case. My wife loves her ugly black Samsonite. But even with my two cases and my wife's, we are one short.

63cm seems like a nice size, not too big, not too small. I do find mine a little bit of a beast, when travelling with the family unit, getting it into taxis etc.
Old Sep 25, 2015, 7:48 pm

Programs: BA, Lufthansa, Virgin, Southwest, Marriot, Accorhotels, Hilton
I have Rimowa Salsa Deluxe, 26 inches. It works well for me and it is light. I am recovering from surgery therefore wheels on a spinner were very important for me and I have been very happy with my salsa deluxe cabin IATA so I purchases 26 inch one to match my cabin case. So far so good, many checked flights. If you are a Rimowa fan then you will not be bothered as I am by the clam shell design. I am fine with it but prefer top opening, like standard suitcase. I can cram quite a bit into my case when I need to.
Old Sep 26, 2015, 2:35 am

Programs: *G
perfect size imo. large enough that if i overload a 63cm ill feel like ive done something wrong. compact enough to fit in many cars, like you say. not too unwieldy to drag around
Old Sep 27, 2015, 9:34 am

try one of the german sellers like koffer24, or koffer-direkt, they may have it, and their prices are far cheaper than buying in the UK, a Topas costs £800+ here, but only £500-ish from Germany
Old Oct 7, 2015, 6:35 am
Original Poster

Hello, I opted for the 86L Salsa Delux in gloss black. Very nice size and really happy with the quality. Are these also made in Germany? How does the gloss finish hold up?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.