Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Products
Reload this Page >

Baubax jacket reviews?

Baubax jacket reviews?

Old Jul 27, 2015, 12:16 pm

FWIW, as with many items you often hear the bad reviews because people who are happy rarely go out of their way to post about good experiences.

Personally, I've used the Scottevest products for years and have never had any problem getting things replaced under warranty. I wear a qzip or performance tshirt from Scottevest every day, and haven't had to retire a single shirt yet. Well, maybe one or two... but that was because I burned holes in them by accident being near cigar smokers.
Old Jul 30, 2015, 3:17 pm

Programs: UA Plat
Originally Posted by SCOTTEVEST
Please let me know specifically about any issues you have with www.scottevest.com. We stand behind our products.

Scott Jordan, CEO
www.scottevest.com
Sure. So, two of the three new items I ordered and received last month are absolutely fine and have held up well so far. Nice products.

But one of the items that I ordered last month had three of its buttons falling off (even though it was a new garment). SeV customer service reimbursed me the exact amount a tailor charged to sew on the buttons (under $7) but ignored my request for some discount certificate good for a year. The latter would have been incentive to continue business with SeV despite producing products with uneven quality control.

All three items have a clever and useful design and they are fairly well-made. But based on my own experience and those of others here, the products would be enhanced by (1) much more rigorous quality control and (2) substituting sturdier zippers.
Old Aug 18, 2015, 9:31 pm
Original Poster

$5,257,553 pledged of $20,000 goal.
Old Aug 30, 2015, 12:33 pm

Pretty great travel jacket for men and women....

<redacted by moderator>

I had an ad for this on my Facebook page and usually never click on those things, but I love new travel products. I am in no way connected to this, just wanted to share and wondered if you thought it was a great idea, too? Fully loaded it seems like it would be heavy and bulky, but other than that I love it!

Last edited by TWA884; Aug 30, 2015 at 1:37 pm Reason: Removed Kickstarter solicitation link.
Old Aug 30, 2015, 1:31 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, *A Silver
I don't get the difference between that and a much more fashionable and comfortable field jacket. This kickstarter item represents everything wrong with Silicon Valley today - countless amount of money being poured into things that people will soon realize they do not need after purchase. Then the super-inflated company will devalue and likely go bankruptcy, while the people are out of however much they paid for the overpriced "innovative" item. If I see someone blowing into the hoodie of their jacket to turn that into a neck pillow - I won't be able to help but to point and laugh.

Also, why does anyone ever need to put an iPad in a pocket? That's silly.
Old Sep 1, 2015, 1:01 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by jcp3rd
Sure. So, two of the three new items I ordered and received last month are absolutely fine and have held up well so far. Nice products.

But one of the items that I ordered last month had three of its buttons falling off (even though it was a new garment).....(rest of quote parsed).
Ironic that ScotteVest claims to be the best and to listen to their customer. Then, when push comes to shove, they disappear like dust in the wind. Going on 30 days now. Sheesh.
Old Sep 3, 2015, 4:09 am

Programs: AA Gold/OneWorld Ruby
The Baubax and SCOTTeVEST products seem quite a bit different. I have a Sterling Jacket from SCOTTeVEST and I like it very much. However, it is also true that the main front zipper is low quality and sticky. However, I almost never wear my jackets zipped up, and have learned not to even try with that jacket.

The main appeal of the SCOTTeVEST is the huge number of pockets, including an enormous rear pocket that can even hold my laptop. When I travel, I sometimes purposely wear the SCOTTeVEST in order to take what anounts to another piece of carry on luggage or evade weight restrictions. It can be convenient because it can carry everything I might want during a flight, and let me stow my carry-on in the overhead bin for more legroom. I also wear it sometimes as a regular jacket when I want to carry a book or a camera without carrying a bag. The fabric and handsome and durable.

The Baubax jacket seems to have many fewer pockets, but have a few special gadgets included, like the built-in fingerless gloves and neck pillow. The Baubax jacket seems like less of a bag-replacement, but might be interesting if you care about those special features. I keep a pair of gloves in two exterior pockets of my SCOTTeVEST jacket, and I don't use a neck pillow. I never use the earphones feature.

I don't think that Baubax is a copy or knock-off of SCOTTeVEST, but it is clearly not entirely different either. Innovation happens when different people take different approaches at solving the same problem, and are able to recombine ideas from different products together into something new.
Old Sep 3, 2015, 6:44 am

Programs: Ex CO/ UA Gold, Hotels.. TBD
8 Million $ / 40,000 orders on Kickstarter

jcp - which 2 items were those?

Originally Posted by jcp3rd

But one of the items that I ordered last month had three of its buttons falling off (even though it was a new garment). SeV customer service reimbursed me the exact amount a tailor charged to sew on the buttons (under $7) but ignored my request for some discount certificate good for a year. The latter would have been incentive to continue business with SeV despite producing products with uneven quality control.

All three items have a clever and useful design and they are fairly well-made. But based on my own experience and those of others here, the products would be enhanced by (1) much more rigorous quality control and (2) substituting sturdier zippers.
Old Dec 22, 2015, 6:51 pm

Baubax

I'm starting to think the whole Baubax jacket thing is a $10,000,000 scam. It was supposed to be delivered in November. So far, no deliveries, and the company has gone silent.

Last Twitter update, August 17th
Last Facebook post, September 23

I smell a scam.
Old Dec 23, 2015, 1:07 am

Did anyone receive one?
I am looking for reviews and cannot find them anywhere.
I have a ScotteVest jacket and as I am going to buy my next jacket, I am looking for something with more features and better quality.
Old Mar 23, 2016, 4:08 am

Originally Posted by ashishbhatia
Did anyone receive one?
I am looking for reviews and cannot find them anywhere.
I have a ScotteVest jacket and as I am going to buy my next jacket, I am looking for something with more features and better quality.
M8, I have supported on indiegogo last september. I got nothing except e-mails from support like this "blahlah sorry for the inconvenience blahahblah, overload blahblahblahblah, we do everything blahlhbalhbalh".
I guess it is a scam or freud or whatever.
Old Mar 23, 2016, 5:01 am

Programs: AS MVP, Hhonors Gold, National Executive, Identity Gold, MLife Gold
Don't know anything about their indiegogo/kickstarter campaign, but did see an ad for the products in a recent eBags newsletter.

http://www.ebags.com/brand/baubax?origin=breadcrumb

No reviews, but it lists jackets as shipping on April 6.
Old Mar 26, 2016, 1:02 pm

I just got the blazer and the bomber jacket.

I really like the bomber (good material, stitching so far seems solid).

One of the the blow-up neck pillows didn't work, but the other one did and it's pretty cool. I wouldn't store it in the hood of the jacket, and it's a lot easier to blow up/compress when it's not around your neck (as in the video).

It fits me well and is quite comfortable. The pockets feel very natural and hang pretty well even when I put a bunch of stuff in them. I haven't travelled with it yet, but look forward to doing so.

The blazer isn't as sharp as a real designer one, but is passable. I'll probably get a lot more wear out of the bomber to be honest.

I'm quite disappointed that it took until March to deliver, rather than November, because there isn't much of a need for a jacket now, whereas there was for me in the winter. I suppose it'll hang in my closet for a couple months.
Old Apr 2, 2016, 4:40 am

Baubax: Just got it - waste of space!

My Baubax arrived two weeks ago (I can't help myself - I order all this sort of stuff!).

Absolute rubbish.

I ordered a XXL and what turned up was barely an L - but labelled XXL.

My email to Baubax has gone unanswered.

I reiterate - absolute rubbish.

By way of comparison to Scottevest - there is none - Scottevest is at least what it says it is - Baubax is not.

Looked at Stuff-it jackets the other week - they looked pretty good.

Recommendations -

Baubax - NO, never

Scottevest - yes, when on special or sale

Stuff-it - yes, but wait for a special or a sale too
Old Apr 2, 2016, 3:26 pm

I just received the windbreaker last week. My daughter had purchased it for me. Absolute garbage. DO NOT BUY ONE. It looks like a very cheap jacket you might buy for $10 at Walmart. What a joke.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.