Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Travel Videos - Are they helpful?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6, 2015, 5:20 am
Original Poster

Travel Videos - Are they helpful?

For people who are visiting a country for the first time, are travel videos worth buying? They have information about culture, language, people and places but most people don't buy the travel videos for the country. What can be the reason?
Old Jul 6, 2015, 7:32 am

It's all on YouTube and it's free.

And in most cases there is no agenda or marketing ploy; just real people on vacation or business trips giving helpful advice. You just need to know what to search for.

BJ
Old Jul 6, 2015, 1:05 pm

Try travel channel online and the like. Otherwise agree with YouTube suggestion.
Old Jul 6, 2015, 1:08 pm

I cannot imagine buying travel videos and don't see any additional value
You can find tons of videos on YouTube, Vimeo and many other platforms about every possible travel destination which offers complimentary oxygen

Do you have a sample link you are referring to at this point?

Although specific in depth travel guides can be useful when it comes to mid- to long-term trips.
Old Jul 11, 2015, 12:53 am
Suspended

People buy travel videos very rarely because of them are available for free on the Internet. However, if you talk about country road maps, they are being sold like hot cakes. Most people still don't have Internet access in the rural areas and so they want to buy the videos and maps to keep them for later use as they may plan for the journey to place where people, culture, and language are unknown to them.
Old Jul 11, 2015, 3:55 am

between youtube and torrents there are tons of travel videos to get you fired up

some of my favs include

Travel in Style series

The Travel Show (english show)

Antony Bourdain

Bizarre foods

Rick Steve in Europe

Pilot guides

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.