Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Products
Reload this Page >

Recommendations for ultralite backpack for walking the Camino

Recommendations for ultralite backpack for walking the Camino

Old Jun 30, 2015, 1:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Also, if you're looking for an ultralight sleeping bag, Lafuma has some good ones that are quite cheap & lightweight - here's one that's less than a 1.5 lbs - http://www.backpacker.com/gear/sleep...-sleeping-bag/

May be hard to find since they discontinued the 600 model, but it's a great lightweight bag.
Old Jul 1, 2015, 2:04 am

Programs: CX Silver
Originally Posted by Megcom
The Osprey Stratos is on my short list now. Can I ask what time of year you went (weather). Also, why a sleeping quilt rather than lite weight sleeping bag? Did you do the entire walk?
Thanks again! Meg
I have a 40 degree quilt that weighs less than a pound. Nice weight saver and don't need anything more for the Camino.

I did SJPP to Santiago April - May.

Glad the Stratos made your list, but make sure you try on a bunch of packs. Also, check out the Camino packing videos on YouTube and go light!
Old Jul 21, 2015, 2:54 pm

Programs: DL Gold, DL MM 8/22/16!
Meg,

I hope you post what you actually did. I always like to hear the end of a story.

It might be too late, but I just stumbled upon this article on how to choose a pack. Lots of good info.

Romelle
Old Jul 24, 2015, 8:53 pm

If you want to go seriously nutso light (and with 3 days worth of clothing and gear, you probably could), look at the REI Flash 18 (12 oz) or 22 (17 oz), or the REI Stuff Travel Daypack (10 oz) when you go back there.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.