Wiki Posts
Search

Rimowa Deals 10% off North America

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22, 2015, 8:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, UA 1K, Hertz Platinum
Rimowa Deals 10% off North America

I was able to save 10%(based on the exchange rate) off a few Topas pieces by getting them in Canada and shipping them here. Since they are made in Canada they came duty free. If anyone wants the contact information I will be more than happy to share it. They are an actual Rimowa approved dealer in Canada. My Topas took 3 business days to arrive! They carry the full Rimowa line in case the Topas isn't for you.

Last edited by zxsuxr; Jun 22, 2015 at 11:48 pm
Old Jun 22, 2015, 9:46 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Yes, please share the details - and is the dealer in Toronto or elsewhere? What are the other terms? Do you pay for shipping?
Old Jun 22, 2015, 11:34 pm

Originally Posted by bocastephen
Yes, please share the details - and is the dealer in Toronto or elsewhere? What are the other terms? Do you pay for shipping?
Online in Canada?
Old Jun 22, 2015, 11:37 pm

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by SirJman
Online in Canada?
Online and in person - so I will stop by the Yorkville shop this week so I can compare a couple models. I am torn about the Salsa 22" non-cabin model...it will fit all of my clothes and accessories, and I should be able to wheel it past the gate agents 99% of the time as a 1K, but if it gets checked from time to time it will get scratched and beat up, and that is tough to swallow for a new bag, even if bought on sale.
Old Jun 23, 2015, 7:56 am

Programs: HH Diamond
Details, please. I am absolutely PINING after the Salsa Air in Pearl Rose...
Old Jun 23, 2015, 9:10 am

Interested here

Please share details - I'm interested. Thank you...
Old Jul 5, 2015, 2:28 pm
formerly ThePinkUnicornShirtGuy

Programs: Delta Diamond
details away, looking to purchase in the next few days.
Old Jul 6, 2015, 12:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, UA 1K, Hertz Platinum
http://www.taschen.ca

Contact is Minoo or Scott
416-923-2322

I have my 3rd Rimowa in transit from them as we speak!
excellent service
Old Jul 7, 2015, 2:28 pm

Programs: AC SE100K
excellent service!

I ordered one on-line a couple of weeks ago. Hit "submit" on the order at around 4pm. 5:30-ish my phone rang ... Taschen calling to say that their on-line order distribution centre is very close to where I live (YYZ) and one of their guys was going to be driving right by my house on his way home from work and would I be home in about half an hour for him to drop it off.

True to his word, he dropped it off around 6pm.
They have an attentive employee who recognized my location and took the initiative ... that makes for awesome customer service.
Old Jul 7, 2015, 2:37 pm

I second the call to recognize Taschen for outstanding service. I visited their store and they took the time to walk me through the pros and cons of the Rimowa brand, and ultimately I decided to forgo the Salsa in favor of the new wide body spinner from BR that is expandable and holds more volume than the Rimowa - with less gate-check risk.

Unfortunately BR prices in Canada are way beyond the difference of just the currency so I didn't buy from them, but if you're looking for a Rimowa product, they are the place to buy with Rimowa products in Canada selling for the same actual dollar number as in the US - saving you almost 20% before shipping.
Old Jul 8, 2015, 10:00 am

Programs: MR Plat
Originally Posted by bocastephen
I second the call to recognize Taschen for outstanding service. I visited their store and they took the time to walk me through the pros and cons of the Rimowa brand, and ultimately I decided to forgo the Salsa in favor of the new wide body spinner from BR that is expandable and holds more volume than the Rimowa - with less gate-check risk.

Unfortunately BR prices in Canada are way beyond the difference of just the currency so I didn't buy from them, but if you're looking for a Rimowa product, they are the place to buy with Rimowa products in Canada selling for the same actual dollar number as in the US - saving you almost 20% before shipping.
There's a place near Yorkville that seems to still be selling BR at US prices but in CAD or very close. At least they were a couple weeks ago when I visited them.

I bought a U119CX back in May from the same place. At the point when I bought in May, they mentioned that they were going to update the prices in June but they didn't seem to have done so yet when I was there a couple weeks ago.
Old Jul 8, 2015, 5:18 pm

Nice luggage but note their bags do not comply with carry on limits for the major US carriers. (Their "carry on" bags are over 15" wide vs the 14" limit.) Though not likely, you could be forced to check your nice, expensive piece of luggage. I'd hate to give my bag to a baggage handler to beat up. I have heard of some people being forced to check, though I suspect that is pretty rare.
Old Jul 8, 2015, 8:58 pm

Originally Posted by TravlnD
Nice luggage but note their bags do not comply with carry on limits for the major US carriers. (Their "carry on" bags are over 15" wide vs the 14" limit.) Though not likely, you could be forced to check your nice, expensive piece of luggage. I'd hate to give my bag to a baggage handler to beat up. I have heard of some people being forced to check, though I suspect that is pretty rare.
My problem with the bag was a lack of expansion. While I checked the non-IATA Salsa carefully and acknowledge the dimensions are outside the limits of *some* US carriers, the chance of being caught are rare especially if you've mastered the art of bag camouflage (resting a backpack or jacket on top helps).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.