Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Briggs and Riley - Checked Luggage Colors

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16, 2015, 1:37 am
Original Poster

Briggs and Riley - Checked Luggage Colors

(Sorry - similar thread was lost due to errant edit.)

I'm planning to buy a couple of checked Briggs and Riley pieces. I prefer the olive color, but am a little concerned that it might start to look shabby quickly.

Can anyone with experience of Briggs and Riley (Baseline) in olive please comment on how quickly it wears in practice? Obviously, the warranty is second to none, so they will repair anything, but it will be a shame if it looks twenty years old after a handful of trips.

Thank you,
James.
Old Jun 16, 2015, 4:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
I have had a B&R olive green bag for about 3-4 years, though mine is a transcend line. It is mostly carry-on, but I have checked it numerous times as well. It is holding up well and I am delighted with the bag.
Old Jun 16, 2015, 6:26 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by goodeats21
I have had a B&R olive green bag for about 3-4 years, though mine is a transcend line. It is mostly carry-on, but I have checked it numerous times as well. It is holding up well and I am delighted with the bag.
Thank you! Good to know, that's very helpful.

James.
Old Jun 16, 2015, 7:39 pm

I have the Briggs and Riley large Baseline in olive. I've checked it about a dozen times thus far. Does it look brand new? Nope. Does it look a million times better than my mom's POS Delsey after she used it two times? Yep. I've used a bit of Dawn to remove the major stains. Most have been removed. I should note that I am excessively hard on luggage. I have been known to push my suitcase down the stairs to catch a train here in Chicago or even worse drag it step by step by step up filthy city stairs. I am a Briggs and Riley fan for life. I love both the Baseline and Transcend I have.
Old Jun 18, 2015, 9:45 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Andrea Waters
I have the Briggs and Riley large Baseline in olive. I've checked it about a dozen times thus far. Does it look brand new? Nope. Does it look a million times better than my mom's POS Delsey after she used it two times? Yep. I've used a bit of Dawn to remove the major stains. Most have been removed. I should note that I am excessively hard on luggage. I have been known to push my suitcase down the stairs to catch a train here in Chicago or even worse drag it step by step by step up filthy city stairs. I am a Briggs and Riley fan for life. I love both the Baseline and Transcend I have.
Very helpful, thanks. Olive it is then!
Old Jun 21, 2015, 6:14 pm
BLG

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, BA Lifetime Blue, Marriott Gold, and many others
I've had B&R olive luggage forever and it wears amazingly well. It's almost like as it ages it just kind of takes on "character" as opposed to looking beat up. It's great luggage.
Old Jun 26, 2015, 8:49 pm

Programs: AC S100K
Originally Posted by BLG
I've had B&R olive luggage forever and it wears amazingly well. It's almost like as it ages it just kind of takes on "character" as opposed to looking beat up. It's great luggage.
I wholly agree with this. I once saw a fellow with an older baseline that looked like it had seen a million miles more than mine. His looked better.
Old Jul 11, 2015, 11:00 pm

Programs: Hyatt Giraffe
I just took a brand new set of olive on a RTW 5-6 week trip. Lots of beating. They did wear some, so far I'm pretty happy with them.
Old Jul 17, 2015, 3:16 pm

Just to add in my own thoughts, I agree with everyone else. I have the olive Transcend line, and I love it, the color stays nice, the bags take a beating and none the worse, and of course the fantastic warranty that I have had great experience when it came to getting airline induced damage fixed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.