Wiki Posts
Search

Are handkerchiefs useful?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11, 2015, 3:35 am
Original Poster

Programs: HHonors / UA M+ / TK M&S Elite
Are handkerchiefs useful?

As a guy and frequent business traveler, I end up traveling with a pocket square, handkerchief, and lens cloth (for glasses, phone, and laptop). Invariably, one of these things is out of reach when I need it or misplaced. Is there a better way to manage these things? What solutions have you all come up with?

Regards,

Tpacjv
Old Jun 29, 2015, 11:59 am

Well, I don't go anywhere without a handkerchief in my left rear pocket.
In the back pocket of each of my computer bags is a full-sized microfiber cloth, that is a lens cleaner and laptop cleaner.

If I don't have my computer bag, the handkerchief can be pressed into service as a lens/screen cleaning cloth, and as a pocket square, if required.

It's about deciding where they will go and always keeping them there. Then they are always at hand.
Old Jun 30, 2015, 12:29 pm

Programs: AA
I am chronically stuffy-nosed, so I always have either a handkerchief or tissues on hand, either in a pocket or my purse.

I keep a lens-cleaning cloth for my glasses tucked into a flat leather eyeglass case in my purse (where I also store sunglasses or sunglass clips at times).

I keep a separate small cloth for cleaning my laptop screen tucked into a plastic bag in a bag (Eagle Creek mesh packing cube?) for travel electronics.
Old Jul 1, 2015, 9:03 am

I've always got a small packet of tissues on hand, and for general use I've got the small PackTowl Nano.
Old Jul 10, 2015, 9:57 pm

I never seem to need them but I carry them in case someone with me needs them. They are tucked into a side pocket in my purse inside a plastic case
Old Jul 14, 2015, 9:28 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, AA, HH Silver, MR Platinum
It's funny: I've carried a handkerchief almost every day for the past 25 years, but its primary purpose seems to be keeping the change from falling out of my pocket.
Old Jul 15, 2015, 3:56 am

Programs: US Gold
Handkerchiefs are wonderful. They clean glasses and computer screens, mop up small spills, deal with runny noses, keep small parts together if you have to take something apart for repair (like glasses). I have a couple of big polka-dotted ones for traveling (so they're hard to lose). *And* they don't shred and can be washed and dried quickly. What's not to love?

wg

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.