Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Medical Jewelry

Search this Thread

Old May 30, 2015, 1:21 pm
Original Poster

Medical Jewelry

Does anyone have any experience with where to buy medical bracelets? Really I just need any bracelet that I can customize with my Medjet Assist and some health information. Kicker is that I need something larger than 8", which seems to be where a lot of estores stop at.
Old May 30, 2015, 5:07 pm

MedicAlert has bracelets that are larger. The largest wrist measurement is 9.5 inches.

There is a section where you can upload a health related document. Perhaps your medjet information could go there.

Where do you travel to?

The backs of the bracelet or pendent get some engraving too. My daughter's has her asthma and medication allergies listed. You could ask them if you could customize the engraving.
http://www.medicalert.org

The website says: Our dedication to safeguarding your health in the event of an emergency expands beyond our borders into more than 50 countries, and translation services are available in 140 languages. MedicAlert Foundation is there for you, wherever you may be..

edited: I just ran a dummy order. On some of the bracelets this is plenty of room for custom engraving.

Last edited by mules; May 30, 2015 at 5:11 pm Reason: additional info
Old May 30, 2015, 6:55 pm

Most medical personnel are probably clueless about these. So might be a false sense of security to wear one! Dog tags are probably more efficient. But I guess they are better then nothing!
Old May 31, 2015, 1:41 am

Programs: NZ, EK, QF, SQ.
Originally Posted by SkyForce6
Most medical personnel are probably clueless about these. So might be a false sense of security to wear one!
Not in my experience.

Ambulance and Emergency Department staff are trained to look for MedicAlert, or similar, bracelets/dog tags, especially if the person is unconscious.

In those circumstances, or where you can't speak for yourself, these medical identity things could save your life.
Old May 31, 2015, 8:43 am

Programs: UA gold, Hyatt Plat Marriott silver,Hilton Gold, PC Plat., SPG Gold.,Hertz Gold, Global Entry
Look at www.roadID.com. I use them they have an interactive portal which you can fill in your medical information. You can also have emergency contact listed your choice. I and my wife have one as we both bike and run. They have a med alert badge to affix to your wrist band. They come in several different sizes for your wrist or they come in dog tag style. I have found them cheaper than regular med alert bracelet, as you can swim, bike and run with them on with no noise or being uncomfortable. There are several testimonials on the website of how they were saved by the road ID.
Old May 31, 2015, 9:43 am

Programs: SA Air, Air Canada, KLM, BA,Lufthansa, United, AA, Hawaiian, Air New Zealnd, Qantas, Virgin Atlantic
There are a lot of choices here http://www.laurenshope.com/
Old Jun 2, 2015, 10:17 am

We have been extremely happy with https://www.stickyj.com/

They have stuff that our daughter will wear and their customer service has been excellent.

They have bracelets and necklaces and lots of stuff.
Old Jun 3, 2015, 3:38 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, AAdvantage
http://www.universalmedicaldata.com/...eel--3251.html probably this has the most information space on it.
Old Jun 9, 2015, 8:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold 1.9 MM flying my way to LT PLAT
Medical Jewelry

Most medical people search for medical ID bracelets and dog tags. First responders as well. I never take mine off.
Old Jun 10, 2015, 3:15 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA 2MM Yay!, UA MM, Costco General Member
Originally Posted by oldpenny16
Most medical people search for medical ID bracelets and dog tags. First responders as well. I never take mine off.
Do you use MedicAlert or another? I've decided to get one of these. Thanks.
Old Jun 11, 2015, 8:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold 1.9 MM flying my way to LT PLAT
I wear a Survival Sprap medical info bracelet

Originally Posted by GadgetFreak
Do you use MedicAlert or another? I've decided to get one of these. Thanks.
A friend of mine is an emergency room doc. He suggested that I look up www.survivalstraps.com as an alternative to a metal bracelet.

They are a fine company which worked with me to get key info on my bracelet. Have been wearing one of these all the time for more than 2 years.

I am allergic to shellfish so the info is plain and easy to understand.

If you have a complicated situation, you may need a bracelet with a telephone and/or online data base.

The vital issue is that you have to wear it 100% of the time. You can't go without.

I wore metal bracelets for years, they worked fine. I may get a linked dog tag style medical ID as I get older. Belt and suspenders.

Good luck!
Old Jun 26, 2015, 12:38 am

Programs: Alaskans fly everywhere on any aircraft going there!
I have an attractive (gold tone) thumb drive that I wear on a chain along with a gold medic alert tag. All my medical info is on the flash drive and the medic alert says to see flash drive. It's in word format with generic names of meds, physician's name and contact info, etc. which I'm told by doctor friends should be readable in any emergency room. Have now gotten several more for friends who are doing the same thing. Also put ICE in your mobile phone with a number of someone who will know your medical info. ICE for those who haven't seen it is now becoming an international code for In Case of Emergency and I hear that first responders are being trained to look for it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.