Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Grab-n-Go Carrying Case from We Travel Far

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2015, 1:30 pm
Original Poster

Grab-n-Go Carrying Case from We Travel Far

[Permission to post about this product has been approved by Moderator Wharvey. - And, full disclosure, the product is made and sold by my wife's company, We Travel Far, but I am genuinely, truly very enthusiastic about it, because it has solved a major headache for me - she doesn't know I'm posting this - this is a completely unauthorized endorsement! Anyway, thank you, William!]

Hey everybody!

Since April, I've been using an awesome new grab-n-go Carrying Case to quickly get into my seat on flights. I haven't seen it posted here, and I find it really, really helpful, so I figured I'd pass it on. It's made by We Travel Far, see above.

I'm an avid magazine reader, and I catch up on my reading on flights. I usually have a stack of 3-5 magazines. Also, my Kindle, and always a small notebook and pen for taking notes, along with foam ear plugs, ear buds, and an iPod. Sometimes a snack. Often, a legal pad.

I always either (a) pulled out the stack of magazines, and then dug through my carry-on for the smaller items (pen, notebook, earbuds, etc.) before putting my bag overhead, or (b) just bit the bullet, sat with my bag in my seat, and then put it under the seat in front of me, taking up valuable legroom.

Now, I have the carrying case fully packed and in hand or easy reach upon boarding.

I get to my seat, toss it on the seat, throw my bag overhead (without rummaging through it, huzzah!), and I get to sit down and relax without being so frantic.

Anyway, maybe you'll find it useful. I hope you do.

Adam

PS - while we're at it, this is my first Flyer Talk post - great to be here, thanks for having me, and I look forward to participating!
Old May 30, 2015, 9:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
One can do better pricewise.

I have a Japanese padded tablet sleeve with multiple organization pockets which cost me less with shipping from Japan.

Amazon Amazon
Old May 30, 2015, 7:32 pm

There was a pretty extensive discussion around similar products in this thread.
Old May 31, 2015, 10:21 am

Programs: SA Air, Air Canada, KLM, BA,Lufthansa, United, AA, Hawaiian, Air New Zealnd, Qantas, Virgin Atlantic
Originally Posted by Adam Scavone
[Permission to post about this product has been approved by Moderator Wharvey. - And, full disclosure, the product is made and sold by my wife's company, We Travel Far, but I am genuinely, truly very enthusiastic about it, because it has solved a major headache for me - she doesn't know I'm posting this - this is a completely unauthorized endorsement! Anyway, thank you, William!]

Hey everybody!

Since April, I've been using an awesome new grab-n-go Carrying Case to quickly get into my seat on flights. I haven't seen it posted here, and I find it really, really helpful, so I figured I'd pass it on. It's made by We Travel Far, see above.

I'm an avid magazine reader, and I catch up on my reading on flights. I usually have a stack of 3-5 magazines. Also, my Kindle, and always a small notebook and pen for taking notes, along with foam ear plugs, ear buds, and an iPod. Sometimes a snack. Often, a legal pad.

I always either (a) pulled out the stack of magazines, and then dug through my carry-on for the smaller items (pen, notebook, earbuds, etc.) before putting my bag overhead, or (b) just bit the bullet, sat with my bag in my seat, and then put it under the seat in front of me, taking up valuable legroom.

Now, I have the carrying case fully packed and in hand or easy reach upon boarding.

I get to my seat, toss it on the seat, throw my bag overhead (without rummaging through it, huzzah!), and I get to sit down and relax without being so frantic.

Anyway, maybe you'll find it useful. I hope you do.

Adam

PS - while we're at it, this is my first Flyer Talk post - great to be here, thanks for having me, and I look forward to participating!
I really like this grab & go! I did look at the links that were posted in the above comments, but this grab & go seems to be the best for my use. Thanks!
Old Jun 1, 2015, 7:03 am
Original Poster

Jeannie - glad you like it as much as I do!

And thanks to the other commenters for the feedback and pointers as well.

Originally Posted by Jeannietx
I really like this grab & go! I did look at the links that were posted in the above comments, but this grab & go seems to be the best for my use. Thanks!
Old Jun 2, 2015, 6:49 pm

Programs: SA Air, Air Canada, KLM, BA,Lufthansa, United, AA, Hawaiian, Air New Zealnd, Qantas, Virgin Atlantic
Originally Posted by Adam Scavone
Jeannie - glad you like it as much as I do!

And thanks to the other commenters for the feedback and pointers as well.
It's on it's way, I look forward to trying out.
Old Jun 4, 2015, 12:12 pm

Hi Jeannie!

Thank you for the support and purchase! I hope you enjoy your travel case. We would love to hear how you use it and see pictures of it in action (if you are the instragram type).
Please shoot us an email anytime at [email protected] or tag us @wetravelfar

All our best!
Old Jun 4, 2015, 3:31 pm

Programs: BA Silver; Hilton Gold; IHG Diamond Ambassador; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by tentseller

I have a Japanese padded tablet sleeve with multiple organization pockets which cost me less with shipping from Japan.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...A1WM01FCB5GJNV
That looks perfect for my needs, depending on the dimensions. Your link goes to the Orange version of the LIHITLAB A5; if you look at the pages for the various colors of their "A5" size, you get very different answers:

Orange: 12 x 7.9 x 1.2 inches
Beige: 10.2 x 7.3 x 1.5 inches
Olive: 12.6 x 8.3 x 1.5 inches
Black: 12.9 x 7.2 x 1.5 inches

Really? They all use the same pictures (except for the first one to show the color). Surely only one set of measurements is correct, but which? Since A5 paper is only 5.83" x 8.27", even the 10.2 is plausible, and that would be too small for my tablet...
Old Jun 5, 2015, 3:26 am

Programs: UA Premier 1K
Originally Posted by tentseller

Not just pricewise, but pocket-wise.
Adam's product looks to be just a roomy sleeve, although it does have an exterior (flat) zip compartment. More pockets would be useful, however.
Old Jun 5, 2015, 5:23 am

Hi Mikity,

It actually has elastic bands inside that hold your magazines, tablets, phones, earbuds, notebooks, etc in place. Since they are elastic, they stretch to fit most organizational needs.
There are two external pockets (one on each side) - one slit pocket for newspapers, boarding pass, etc and one zipper pocket.

Safe Travels!

Last edited by We Travel Far; Jun 5, 2015 at 6:51 am
Old Jun 8, 2015, 10:36 am

Smile Received this today

http://www.wetravelfar.com/organize?...arrying%20Case

I really like it! It is much sturdier than I had thought it would be, very nice.
Old Jun 26, 2015, 8:49 pm

Programs: BA Silver; Hilton Gold; IHG Diamond Ambassador; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by SpammersAreScum
That looks perfect for my needs, depending on the dimensions. Your link goes to the Orange version of the LIHITLAB A5; if you look at the pages for the various colors of their "A5" size, you get very different answers:

Orange: 12 x 7.9 x 1.2 inches
Beige: 10.2 x 7.3 x 1.5 inches
Olive: 12.6 x 8.3 x 1.5 inches
Black: 12.9 x 7.2 x 1.5 inches

Really? They all use the same pictures (except for the first one to show the color). Surely only one set of measurements is correct, but which? Since A5 paper is only 5.83" x 8.27", even the 10.2 is plausible, and that would be too small for my tablet...
Update: I ordered a black one, which just arrived today. By my measurement, it's 10 inches; calling it even 10.2 would be an exaggeration! I've sent Amazon a return request.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.