Wiki Posts
Search

Rimowa and the Worldshop: The last Silver Integrals

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21, 2015, 3:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle
Rimowa and the Worldshop: The last Silver Integrals

Sometime recently the Rimowa aluminum cases that are branded as the 747-8 line on the Lufthansa Worldshop switched from being Silver Integral based to Topas based. This was one of the last two sources of Silver Integral bags; the other is the Private Jet line for Rimowa (with a slight caveat).

The Change

Left: the Silver Integral Seal | Right: the Topas Seal

Note that also the continuous brown seals that went around the Silver Integral cases are now absent. The easiest way to notice the change is the part where the two halves meet; if it has a large, finely ribbed section in the middle, its a Silver Integral case. Note that on Silver Integral bags, the extended flange stays with the side of the bag that has the handle; as such, that portion is slightly deeper than the other side.

Left: the Silver Integral Wheel | Right: the Topas Wheel

Also, check the wheels. The Silver Integrals had slotted wheels; the Topas wheels have round cut outs. The exception that we have to this rule is the Titanium wheels which I'm guessing Rimowa ran out of stock and had to switch to the new rounded cutouts

The Last Holdout: The Private Jet

Left: the Private Jet | Right: the Topas

As I said, there is still one bag around with the silver integral style seal. Note that the wheels have been moved to match those that are used in their Topas Titanium series; I would suspect they ran out of stock of old, slotted wheels.

Note
Sorry for the tiny pictures, had to do this with what was floating around the internet as I'm not with my bag. Full album of tiny pictures. Also, I am not sure if there are internal structural changes that have happened. Finally, I'm not sure what stock is around in the stores at the airport as you might be able to snag an old copy if you are in Frankfurt or Munich.
Old Apr 26, 2015, 7:22 pm

Programs: Most of them
I enjoyed this post ---thanks
Old Apr 30, 2015, 5:02 pm

Programs: Marriot Am, MU Pt
If you want slotted wheels, I think when you send the suitcase in for service you can ask nicely for them.

I got different wheels than my suitcase came with because they ran out of stock. I was told I could wait a month (of course with my suitcase) or choose one of the wheels they had in stock.

Anyways personally I don't like the Silver Integral much. The rubber piece (that would be colored on the LH line) is very heavy on wear whereas the rest of the surrounding pieces are fine. Also seems to collect a lot of dust and grime that I can never seem to clean off.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.