Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Briggs and Riley Torq - Updated Medium and Large

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2015, 12:01 am
Original Poster

Briggs and Riley Torq - Updated Medium and Large

Briggs and Riley had previously had the medium and large Torq spinners listed as discontinued and discounted. The website has just updated with new ones. Doesn't look like too many drastic changes in terms of features. The biggest difference is the sizes are slightly different. The medium is now an extra inch taller and wider going from a 26" with wheels to a 27" with wheels. The large is slightly taller but essentially the same size.

Medium

http://www.briggs-riley.com/category...pinner_QU127SP

Large

http://www.briggs-riley.com/category...pinner_QU130SP

I'm interested in the medium size mostly for international travel for when I need to check my luggage on vacation, usually only a week at a time. For those who have the original version, how good is the size of the 26"? Should I look more into the slightly larger size of the new medium Torq at 27" or will the original 26" size suffice and I can save money? The large just looks too massive for my tastes.

Last edited by brownsbuckeyes1; Mar 26, 2015 at 2:51 am
Old Mar 27, 2015, 12:05 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL 1MM Dia, AA Plat, UA 1MM Gold, HHonors LT Dia, Marriott/SPG LT Plat Prem
Originally Posted by brownsbuckeyes1
Briggs and Riley had previously had the medium and large Torq spinners listed as discontinued and discounted. The website has just updated with new ones. Doesn't look like too many drastic changes in terms of features. The biggest difference is the sizes are slightly different. The medium is now an extra inch taller and wider going from a 26" with wheels to a 27" with wheels. The large is slightly taller but essentially the same size.

Medium

http://www.briggs-riley.com/category...pinner_QU127SP

Large

http://www.briggs-riley.com/category...pinner_QU130SP

I'm interested in the medium size mostly for international travel for when I need to check my luggage on vacation, usually only a week at a time. For those who have the original version, how good is the size of the 26"? Should I look more into the slightly larger size of the new medium Torq at 27" or will the original 26" size suffice and I can save money? The large just looks too massive for my tastes.
I would avoid the original, the reason it was discontinued was all of the quality problems they had. I have had 2 co-workers that both had them break, one of them it happened twice to the same bag. All of them required shipping the bags to B&R as no local shop could fix them. The shipping from Rome to the Repair Center and the shipping back to her house cost her more than she paid for the bag in one circumstance.

The old one size wise looked ample enough, when I was admiring it before we landed in Rome and it was broken, but I would avoid the potential problems and hope they are all resolved with the new version.
Old Mar 29, 2015, 9:51 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mspreh
I would avoid the original, the reason it was discontinued was all of the quality problems they had. I have had 2 co-workers that both had them break, one of them it happened twice to the same bag. All of them required shipping the bags to B&R as no local shop could fix them. The shipping from Rome to the Repair Center and the shipping back to her house cost her more than she paid for the bag in one circumstance.

The old one size wise looked ample enough, when I was admiring it before we landed in Rome and it was broken, but I would avoid the potential problems and hope they are all resolved with the new version.
Looks like the only change is the size so i don't believe there's any difference other than that. Has anyone else had these issues with the Torq?
Old Mar 30, 2015, 10:23 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL 1MM Dia, AA Plat, UA 1MM Gold, HHonors LT Dia, Marriott/SPG LT Plat Prem
Originally Posted by brownsbuckeyes1
Looks like the only change is the size so i don't believe there's any difference other than that. Has anyone else had these issues with the Torq?
Lots of others on this forum talked about zipper lock problems on the originals, as well, look them up.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.