Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Eagle Creek Tarmac AWD

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2015, 2:39 pm
Original Poster

Eagle Creek Tarmac AWD

I'm looking for a check-in piece of luggage and saw that I can get the Eagle Creek Tarmac AWD 28 for half price on overstock right now as it's discontinued for a larger size.

Does any one have any experience with this spinner? How good are the wheels? Going to Europe this year for a couple of weeks and want to make sure they can take some of the punishment I'll be giving it. Also, has any one tilted it to use just two wheels for cobblestone?

Also looking at the Briggs and Riley Transcend, but the Eagle Creek is just so much cheaper right now. I'll need to pack a suit as well. Are there any good options that Eagle Creek provides as a suiter is not included in the Tarmac it appears.
Old Mar 24, 2015, 9:21 am

I purchased a 25in and 22in Tarmac AWD from Sierra Trading Post a couple of months ago. I have yet to try it out on a trip. This luggage replaced an aging Eagle Creek Velocity bag. I expect the wheels to be of good quality as all their products but this bag has a no matter what warranty so regardless of how the bag is damaged Eagle Creek will fix or replace it.

Eagle Creek also sells a garment sleeve. http://www.ebags.com/product/eagle-c...uctid=10296768

Shak
Old Mar 24, 2015, 11:42 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the link on the garment sleeve. That helps a lot. I was interested in the 25 inch two wheel at first, but the AWD version at 28 inches is just so much cheaper right now. About 100 bucks cheaper since it's discontinued. Anyone have use of this on uneven and bumpy surfaces?
Old Mar 24, 2015, 3:45 pm

Programs: QFF Silver, Qantas Club, Hyatt Gold Passport - Platinum, Mlife - Gold, Hilton - Gold
I have the Eagle Creek AWD Tarmac 22 and use it as my cabin bag. I have done 30 odd flights (domestic and international) since I got it and it is fantastic.
I am very interested in the 28 that you have found on sale. Could you post a link as I would consider also getting the larger bag

cheers
Old Mar 25, 2015, 9:38 am
Original Poster

http://www.overstock.com/Luggage-Bag...MI&searchidx=0
Old Mar 31, 2015, 5:38 pm

Originally Posted by brownsbuckeyes1
Also get on Sierra Trading Post's email lists. They regularly carry Eagle Creek and the prices can be fantastic (60+ % off) if you use one of their seemingly daily email coupon codes (annoyingly the price can change very significantly each day as the coupon amounts vary and sometimes apply to only certain items). They had some AWD Tarmacs the other day.
Old Apr 1, 2015, 8:52 am

Programs: Independent
How is the capacity of this? I looked at the Morpheus, but the way that bag worked the top (soft part) was a little bit small in order to accompany the second pack fitting over it. Looking at the pictures, it almost looks like this essentially the same bag, but without the front pack.
Old Apr 1, 2015, 11:45 am

Just picked up an AWD25 for $149 from STP after coupon code...I need a good checkable bag that I can navigate around crowded cities with ease. Too bad the 28 would probably incur oversize bag fees.

Also, I checked the 25 out in-person at REI and it is a very nice bag, even better under $150.
Old Apr 1, 2015, 8:42 pm

Originally Posted by bmrisko
Just picked up an AWD25 for $149 from STP after coupon code...I need a good checkable bag that I can navigate around crowded cities with ease. Too bad the 28 would probably incur oversize bag fees.

Also, I checked the 25 out in-person at REI and it is a very nice bag, even better under $150.
28 won't incurr oversize fees but very possible to incurr overweight fees if you fill it with densely packed clothing. I bought a 28 Eagle Creek Adventure for a family trip but expect to fill it with bulky lightweight things like beach toys and down jackets ...

Good to see you got a great deal; STP prices can be unbeatable.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.