Search

VOCIER - suit wrinkle-free in a carry-on

Search this Thread

Old Nov 28, 2015, 12:43 pm

storage capacity of main compartment?

Originally Posted by Lumberman
Hello All:

Happy to answer any questions....
What is the size of the main compartment? It looks way smaller than comparably sized roller luggage from Tumi or others.
Old Nov 30, 2015, 3:19 am
Original Poster

the interior compartment is around 50cm x 34cm x 13cm. That does not include the suit compartment that curves around the interior compartment of course^

the interior compartment is large enough to pack shoes, underwear, socks and shirts, having a smallish toiletry bag such as the F12 dopp kit we offer helps tremendously in keeping enough space for the rest.
you can watch the video about the "F38 - how to pack" I posted earlier to get a good feel of what will fit.

of course the exact composition of what you pack inside will depend on the trip duration and purpose, so it is hard to give a general answer. I am currently writing this on the road with 5 suit pants in the suit compartment (no suit jacket so a bit more casual than usual), underwear, socks, 6 shirts, 1 pair of dress shoes, F12 dopp kit, mac book air+cable, mirrorless digital camera+cable all packed inside the luggage. (wear a second pair of shoes on myself)
Above fits fairly easily without stuffing it so you could add maybe 15% more if you are really serious
please bear in mind it is a carry-on so there is just a natural limit and you have to pack smart especially for longer trips

I would say we offer the same volume as other carry-ons (naturally as the dimensions are given) but arranged in a different, specialized way...
Old Dec 7, 2015, 7:34 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, HHonors
I'm willing to give the bag a try and have ordered one to see if it exceeds expectations. I'd be thrilled if I could have a single bag for 90% of my travel.

If there is one failing/shortcoming from my perspective its that the bag does not have outside mesh pockets I can slip the newspaper, or a travel mug (Zojirushi) of collapsible water bottle (Platypus). I realize this is a stylish bag but in these days where in flight airline service borders on punishment I carry my own coffee bottle and water just so I have something decent or sufficient to drink.

Nowadays in the States with regional airlines and tiny jets I find myself forced into surrendering my carry on on the jetway and hand carrying my kit bag and laptop in a cloth musette bag I got from Rapha!
Old Dec 8, 2015, 6:49 am

Vocier - IT REALLY WORKS!!

My closet is filled with luggage that I purchased in search of wrinkle free suits. I have tried every type of bag (e.g. rollerboard , garment bag, LAT 56, etc.) and every configuration (e.g. fold in plastic bag, rolling, plastic from dry cleaner, etc.), and the result was always the same - hours of steaming and pressing when I got to my destination.

I am happy to report that Vocier works exactly as advertised. I recently arrived at my destination with 2 wrinkle free suits!!!! I carried my suits sleeve in sleeve, as Vocier recommends, and they came out perfect. I have finally found the bag that I have been searching for.

A few additional observations:

1. The appearance of the bag is slim, and although the measurements of the bag may not technically fit within the exact carry specifications of every airline, I highly doubt that the bag will ever get flagged by gate agents. It simply does not look like an oversized bag.

2. The bag looks great, and easily fit in the overhead compartments.

3. Everything about the bag (design, materials, wheels, handle) is high quality.

I never write product reviews, but it is so rare that a product, especially luggage, lives up to its promises, that I felt compelled to "spread the news". If you are an executive that travels with suits, and are particular about the way you look, BUY THIS BAG!!

WELL DONE VOCIER!!
Old Dec 9, 2015, 5:26 pm

Programs: UA 50K, refugee from AC E50K, Marriott Lifetime Plat
Just stumbled onto this thread. Interesting system! I could see this being very useful.

I notice in a previous post you said you're working on a 4-wheel suitcase. Any idea when that will come out?

Thanks!
Old Dec 9, 2015, 9:41 pm

c35 personal item?

Does anyone think the 35 can count as a personal item? Or is it too big (long) for that.
Old Dec 11, 2015, 2:23 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by RCyyz
I notice in a previous post you said you're working on a 4-wheel suitcase. Any idea when that will come out?
We are working on it with full force, the 4-wheeler will be available in both carry-on and larger than carry-on sizes. But don't hold your breath, 4 wheels have major implications on the design so maybe by the end of next year we will have it on the market.
Old Dec 11, 2015, 3:28 pm

Programs: UA 50K, refugee from AC E50K, Marriott Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by VOCIER
But don't hold your breath, 4 wheels have major implications on the design so maybe by the end of next year we will have it on the market.
Good to know - thanks. Waiting with bated but not held breath.
Old Dec 14, 2015, 6:06 pm

Programs: BA GLD for LIfe, AA PLT 2 MM miler, B6 Mosaic, Star GLD; HH Diamond; Marriott PLT, IHG Plat
I won't hold my breath either, but I will await the 4-wheeler. At the moment, I am solving the pressing problem by leaving a suit or two / 2 shirts at a hotel in London and another suit / shirt in a hotel in Frankfurt.
Old Jan 11, 2016, 9:04 am

OK I've decided to jump on trying the C38. It sounds like others haven't had issues with the dimensions, so I'm willing to give it a shot.

The issue now is that I see the bag is backordered until March? I was hoping to have one far before then - @Vocier - any idea if that March date is correct and if there is any way to accelerate it? Thanks all.
Old Jan 11, 2016, 10:06 am

I recently received my F38 and it is most definitely improved over the original version of the C38. In particular, it is definitely easier and quicker to place the inner compartment into the suitcase. The addition of an opening from both sides of the inner compartment is also a huge improvement as it definitely makes it much quicker to reach in and grab something. Having the handles on the other side of the bag are also a huge improvement as you now no longer have to unsnap & resnap the handles together when going into the bag. I also weighed the two bags and the F38 is approximately 0.6lbs lighter than the original C38 (despite the fact that the F38 is the heavier leather version), which was a nice surprise. The metal zippers on the F38 definitely operate much more smoothly than the zippers on the C38.
Old Jan 12, 2016, 6:38 am

Programs: BA Executive Club, Qatar Airways Privilege, Clan LoganAir
I'm unclear how the "slots" work for storing/accessing a laptop. It doesn't appear to be explained on the website. Vocier, can you help?

Last edited by RobCH; Jan 12, 2016 at 7:28 am
Old Jan 12, 2016, 12:54 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Flying_Wonder

The issue now is that I see the bag is backordered until March? I was hoping to have one far before then - @Vocier - any idea if that March date is correct and if there is any way to accelerate it? Thanks all.
Unfortunately this is correct - we had a product recommendation in the Wall Street Journal and since then we are completely sold out and there is already quite a long queue forming... Sorry for that! The good news is that anyone who orders now and has the patience to wait receives an automatic 10% discount, so we sweeten the waiting time a bit.
The F38 will be in stock quicker by February, this is the only option I can offer. Sorry again. We are ramping up production fast but the main impediment is the training of the new craftspeople to our quality standard and special product construction
Old Jan 12, 2016, 1:03 pm

Well I guess there are worse things in the world than being super popular. I'll order one today and wait patiently. By the way, the fact that you get on here and answer questions is really an impressive thing, and I think it goes a long way towards showing how much you believe in your product. Cheers.
Old Feb 1, 2016, 11:39 am

Hi All - new poster. Realizing that work will likely put me on the road semi regularly, I'm debating between the B&R U174 and the Vocier C38. I realize the latter has a wait, but March would work for my next travel. I will likely be 3-4 days away, 2 suits, 3-4 shirts + necessities.

My main question is: I travel with dress shoes and running shoes, for the brief moments when I can exercise while traveling. The C38 is undoubtably a "sexier" bag, but I'm worried about getting both dress and (more packable) running shoes in this bag, along with 2 suits.

Any insight or suggestions? Thanks all.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.