Wiki Posts
Search

Opinions on TravelPro 10 carry on

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6, 2015, 7:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM 0.4MM
Opinions on TravelPro 10 carry on

My old 2 wheeler finally gave up the ghost, and I'm using a $50 version I picked up from Target until I can get one I want to keep.

I was looking at the TravelPro 10 22 inch roller bag and was wondering if anyone here has experience with that brand/bag or has another one to recommend. As much as I'd love a nice Tumi, I'm trying to keep under $200.

I'm only interested in 2 wheelers, as I view the 4 wheelers are to experienced travelers like chihuahua's are to dogs, cute but not the real thing. That's just my opinion, sorry if anyone is offended by the comparison, 4 wheeler and chihuahua lovers alike ;-)

Thanks in advance.
Jeff

Last edited by jeffjohnvol; Feb 6, 2015 at 8:11 am Reason: added email notification to myself
Old Feb 6, 2015, 8:59 am

Programs: Global Entry, TSA PreCheck, UA Premier, Marriott Titanium Elite
Hi Jeff,

I have this model:
TravelPro Crew 10 22 Inch Expandable Rollaboard Suiter
http://www.amazon.com/Travelpro-Expa...dp/B00KS7U2EO/

I really like it. I had the Walkabout Lite 3 before this one. I like the suiter compartment, because I can easily pack 4 dress shirts in it. The suiter on this one zips completely shut, unlike the Walkabout Lite 3, where bits of the clothing stick out. I bought mine at Macy's on sale for $170, if I recall.

Unless you're planning on checking it, don't expand it. Unexpanded, it fits in the overhead bins with ease, except for the small commuter jets of course. If that happens, I gate check it.

I've had mine for the last couple of months, and it's held up well. Just make sure not to over pack it. One flight I was on, the gate agent was randomly making people use the carry-on sizer to check your bag. It should fit fine if you don't overstuff it.

I travel weekly, domestically all over the US, so I needed a good carryon without breaking the bank, and one that had a good suiter compartment. This fit the bill.
Old Feb 7, 2015, 5:31 pm

I've had one of their rollaboards for about ten years now. ("Crew" line, lower number.) It's a non-expanding version of the suiter MtlTourist was talking about. My goal in purchasing luggage is "one suitcase to rule them all," and this one has done the job for me. It's also held up pretty well.

I agree with you about two over four wheels, BTW. For one thing, when I travel, I walk and take public transit. Wheels need to be sturdy, there can't be problems with cobblestones, ideally I can roll the thing up or down at least shallow steps, etc. I've been very happy with TravelPro in that respect. Also, the handle is comfortable, although they have redesigned it on current models.
Old Feb 8, 2015, 11:25 am
Original Poster

Thanks to all that replied. I will be ordering it today.

Jeff
Old Mar 31, 2015, 5:12 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jeffjohnvol
Thanks to all that replied. I will be ordering it today.

Jeff
FYI, just a follow up to this... I got the bag and I really like it. The wheel action is quite smooth (when on smooth surface), the handle snaps up and down easily (in fact, if I "punch" the button with my knuckle just right it collapses easily).

I haven't used the suiter as much as I thought, but the whole case has plenty of room.

The only downside which was a fault of mine, it took me 2-3 weeks of travel before I finally remembered (at home) to put some of my neon green duct tape on the bottom of it to help me find it in the overheads, LOL.
Old Apr 3, 2015, 12:35 pm

Originally Posted by jeffjohnvol
FYI, just a follow up to this... I got the bag and I really like it. The wheel action is quite smooth (when on smooth surface), the handle snaps up and down easily (in fact, if I "punch" the button with my knuckle just right it collapses easily).

I haven't used the suiter as much as I thought, but the whole case has plenty of room.

The only downside which was a fault of mine, it took me 2-3 weeks of travel before I finally remembered (at home) to put some of my neon green duct tape on the bottom of it to help me find it in the overheads, LOL.
Glad you are happy with it!

Mine is that year's Not Black option, which makes it easy to find in the overhead or on the carousel. Sometimes black is the only color available that's not awful, though!

Thought of this thread while I was away a couple weeks ago--lots of cobblestones and tram tracks, but no trouble.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.