Wiki Posts
Search

The Telegraph: Jet lag pill developed

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20, 2015, 7:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Silver; Global Entry
The Telegraph: Jet lag pill developed

Scientists have invented a pill to reset the body clock and end the sleepless misery of millions of nightshift workers, frequent fliers and insomniacs...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/scie...-is-night.html
Old Jan 20, 2015, 8:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bodapaty
Scientists have invented a pill to reset the body clock and end the sleepless misery of millions of nightshift workers, frequent fliers and insomniacs...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/scie...-is-night.html
Sounds like that was a phase 2 test. Maybe we will see it by 2020.
Old Jan 22, 2015, 6:15 pm

You can accomplish the same effect by using blue light therapy such as the portable Philips Go-Lite. I've used it for years and it really works. What is difficult is figuring out whether to reset forwards or backwards when you are travelling somewhere 12 hours different like China. The experts say forward but I find that more difficult. They way it wrks is that a few days before a trip you start waking up earlier by one hour each day, then get 20 minutes of blue light, which shuts off your brain's production of melatonin. It should make you sleepy an hour earlier each day at night. I lie it because I can usually fall asleep soon after takeoff at 8 pm and get a good night's rest when I reach Europe.
Old Jan 22, 2015, 6:30 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by uppereastff
You can accomplish the same effect by using blue light therapy such as the portable Philips Go-Lite. I've used it for years and it really works. What is difficult is figuring out whether to reset forwards or backwards when you are travelling somewhere 12 hours different like China. The experts say forward but I find that more difficult. They way it wrks is that a few days before a trip you start waking up earlier by one hour each day, then get 20 minutes of blue light, which shuts off your brain's production of melatonin. It should make you sleepy an hour earlier each day at night. I lie it because I can usually fall asleep soon after takeoff at 8 pm and get a good night's rest when I reach Europe.
But what do you do if you regularly get up at 7 am to be at work at 8 am? You hardly can get up at 4 am and show up at work at 5 am...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.