Search

Tumi Arrive LaGuardia

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2015, 1:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA CK, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
Tumi Arrive LaGuardia

Hiya,

We picked up a Tumi Arrive Laguardia Wheeled Brief, which is being replaced and is on sale: http://www.tumi.com/na/p/laguardia-w...insert-025603D

It's a nice-looking high-end bag and it's possible to fit enough for a 3-day trip, I believe.

- Remove the dividers
- Shoes and a Tumi Journey Packing Cube in the back - carrying socks/gym kit
- Tumi Flat Folding Pack - for 2 shirts, jeans, T-Shirt
- Laptop in the front opening area
- 3-1-1 bag in the very front

Has anyone used this bag as a one-bagger? I've struggled with my back last year because of constant business travel and really want to slim down (in more ways than one). I was thinking about Tom Bihn but my girlfriend suggested this Tumi.

My first business trip of the year is on Tuesday so I have to decide whether to return the Tumi!

Appreciate thoughts as always!

John
Old Jan 3, 2015, 1:25 pm
Original Poster

I'm actually a little concerned because the size is 16.5" x17.5" x 8" and I fly mostly CRJ-200. It seems unclear to me whether it will fit.

It's clear that a Tristar fits, at 19" x 13" x 8" (though it's soft) and the BR U116 will fit, at 12.5" x 15.5" x 8.3". So whilst the height of the Tumi should fit at 8" (it compresses a little too if you take the laptop out), the width is probably going to be a killer. That said, my recollection of CRJ-200s is the CD side is quite deep and very wide.

Either way, the sales person at Tumi promised me it would fit in the smallest RJs so I will take this bag back if it gets gate checked.

On the plus side I have pre-packed this bag and everything fits just awesome!

- Pair black shoes including shoe trees (soaks up the moisture)
- 2 pairs underwear & socks
- Running shorts, top, socks
- Adidas Adizero Adios Boost 2.0 Shoes (awesome and light)

In the Tumi flat folding pack:

- 2 dress shirts
- 2 t-shirts
- 1 pair jeans

Then on the tech side:

- Macbook Pro 15" w/ charger
- Mophie w/ cables
- iPad Mini
- USB Stick
- NC Headphones

Plus a 3-1-1 in the front pocket (ordered Tom Bihn version but it didn't arrive yet so using a Ziploc).

Total weight for this is 24lb but who cares, it's got wheels!

I think if I removed the jeans and T-shirts I could fit a second suit and fourth shirt, for a 4-day trip. But I sure love changing in the evening.

Let's see how it goes in the RJ or death barge sewage pipe from hell, as someone rightly called it...
Old Jan 6, 2015, 1:58 pm
Original Poster

Well I can confirm I can fit all this stuff and fit it in a CRJ-200 without gate-checking. It has to go wheels up and out, and fits snug against the top and front.

ERJ-140 flight tomorrow... think that has slightly bigger bins, shall see.
Old Apr 22, 2015, 3:09 pm

Now that you've (hopefully) taken a few trips, can you comment on how well the looks hold up after the rough and tumble life of travel?
Old Nov 13, 2015, 4:45 am
Original Poster

I've done over 100k miles in it this year and whilst it's a little dirty, it has held up just great.

For 2-3 night trips where I only need a single suit, it's the only thing I travel with. I love it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.