Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Recommend a travel spray bottle?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 22, 2014, 5:25 pm
Original Poster

Recommend a travel spray bottle?

I'm looking for a good, sturdy, non-leaking spray bottle for travel. Under 3oz as I carryon exclusively - preferably around 2oz if available. I travel with solid alternatives when I can, but it can't be avoided in this case. It's for a face toner that helps with my rosacea so I'd like something that will help maintain the quality of the liquid as well - that is, not leeching from the bottle material if possible. Neither Nalgene nor humangear make a spray bottle, apparently.

While it isn't for perfume, has anyone had any luck with a glass atomizer that won't leak? I'm not really worried about breakage as I can pad it somewhat and, as I mentioned, I carryon only.

Am I missing an easy solution?

Thanks!
Old Dec 22, 2014, 5:52 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, silver, what yr is it?
Muji has some nice small spray options. Not sure what might be available online though. I can't recall a glass option but they might have had a small metal one?
Old Dec 22, 2014, 10:27 pm

The Container Store has aluminum misters in both 2 and 4 oz. sizes:
http://www.containerstore.com/shop/t...10024892&N=253

Muji has an aluminum atomizer, also, but it is really tiny!
Old Dec 22, 2014, 10:38 pm

Found some glass spray bottles on Amazon, designed for aromatherapy:
Long search link

I'm not sure how leaky either these or the others I posted will be. However, what you could do is insure you have a leak-proof screw-cap bottle for the flight, then transfer the toner to the spray bottle on arrival. Even though you do travel light, these are small enough not to make much difference!
Old Dec 23, 2014, 7:19 am

Programs: Delta Gold, silver, what yr is it?
Personally, I'd go for the Muji PET bottle in the size I want - I've never had a leakage problem (knock wood...) Glass is asking for trouble for me ;-)
Old Dec 23, 2014, 2:37 pm
Original Poster

I knew this was the place to come to get some ideas. I'll look at all the options and get something before the next trip.

Thanks, all!
Old Dec 23, 2014, 3:19 pm

Programs: BA Executive Club Gold
The best travel atomiser that I have used (and still use it now) is the Travalo.

It works by removing the top from whatever perfum / eau de toilette etc. that you use and placing the Travalo on top (it has a filler valve at the base) and pump to fill. Think refillable gas cigarette lighter ^
Old Dec 24, 2014, 12:38 pm

Programs: Former AA Gold, SkyMiles, Hilton HHonors, SPG Gold, Hyatt Diamond
I use a spray bottle (and a pump bottle) from Eagle Creek's set for my spray detangler and hand cream; they're BPA free and have never, ever leaked on me: http://shop.eaglecreek.com/packit-cu...tle-set/d/1073.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.