Wiki Posts
Search

Travel Insurance to cover delay and lost purpose of trip

Search this Thread

Old Dec 20, 2014, 12:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL,EK
Travel Insurance to cover delay and lost purpose of trip

I need to go US to Europe for one day. I'd arrive Sunday night and leave Tuesday morning, having Monday to take care of business.

If the outbound flight is delayed or diverted, and I can't be in-place for Monday, the whole purpose of the trip is pointless.

What sort of travel insurance covers this?

I see missed connection coverage, but this isn't really the same.

Any suggestions for insurance to recover the cost of flights and hotels if the trip is made pointless by a delay?
Old Dec 20, 2014, 12:54 pm
Senior Moderator

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] clawing way back to WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
As travel insurance, from a general perspective, is discussed in the Travel Products forum, I'll move this there. Ocn Vw 1K, Moderator, TravelBuzz.
Old Dec 20, 2014, 1:03 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Also read the "Trip in Vain" provisions of your chosen carrier's COC. Often those will allow you to cancel for a full refund. May be no need for insurance.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.