Wiki Posts
Search

Favorite sink laundry soap?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2014, 9:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Silver, Marriott Silver
Favorite sink laundry soap?

While I don't do laundry on most trips, I like to keep an emergency soap packet in my travel toiletry kit for just in case laundry emergencies on trips. I've now used up my Tide supply and I'm curious if anyone has any recommendations. Are there any better products out there? I've so far not been called out by TSA for not placing the sink soap packets in the separate liquid bags at the check point. Am I tempting fate on that or has that been everyone else's experience? Any solutions that don't run that risk?
Old Nov 16, 2014, 10:06 pm

Programs: HHonors / UA M+ / TK M&S Elite
Since tide seems to be your brand of choice, I recommend powdered tide for this purpose. It gets around the liquids issue which appears to be your main concern.

=)
Old Nov 17, 2014, 6:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Nothing, nowhere!
I dunno if itsu available in the US but my soap comes in tablets.
Old Nov 17, 2014, 6:33 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, SWA A-list +
Originally Posted by lostinohio
I've so far not been called out by TSA for not placing the sink soap packets in the separate liquid bags at the check point. Am I tempting fate on that or has that been everyone else's experience? Any solutions that don't run that risk?
TSA has never stopped me and I usually travel with ziplock bags full of various powders/pill (protein, meds, laundry, etc).
Old Nov 17, 2014, 8:27 am

Do this all the time going to Disney and elsewhere, never a problem

Originally Posted by envgeo
TSA has never stopped me and I usually travel with ziplock bags full of various powders/pill (protein, meds, laundry, etc).
Old Nov 17, 2014, 9:20 am

The hotel shampoo works well and it doesn't take much...that's the thing, just use a little.
Old Nov 17, 2014, 10:34 am

Programs: Seniors Bus Pass
I agree on the shampoo option posted above, but if you prefer a particular soap use the powdered form and clingfilm enough for your travels into one or more packets.
Old Nov 17, 2014, 10:10 pm

Programs: AA Gold/OneWorld Ruby
I always keep a couple foil packets of Woolite liquid detergent in my toiletries kit. I don't think TSA notices or care about such a small amount of liquid.
Old Nov 18, 2014, 6:12 am

I have used Campsuds for years. Campsuds is a concentrated soap and a little goes a long way. Most outdoor/camping stores carry it. Walmart has a generic version. It comes in a 2oz size for carry on use.

http://www.amazon.com/Sierra-Dawn-Ca...words=campsuds

Shak
Old Nov 18, 2014, 7:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Easy

Savon de Marseilles - made in the traditional way with olive oil.

Good for skin, good for laundry.
Old Nov 18, 2014, 8:49 am

Travelon Laundry Soap Sheets do the job for me, take almost no room and are dry:

http://www.amazon.com/Travelon-Laund...dp/B000Y0CL8K/
Old Nov 18, 2014, 2:31 pm

Programs: DL Silver, AS MVP, UA Silver, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, National Exec Elite
Doesn't Woolite rinse cleaner/easier than most laundry detergents? I would assume the Camp Soap and Travelon Soap Sheets would have a similar formulations.
Old Nov 18, 2014, 4:20 pm

Programs: IHG Gold
I just use the shampoo in the hotel. Seems to do a decent job
Old Nov 18, 2014, 6:28 pm

Stuff like the hotel shampoo and Woolite and even bar soap works fine for quickly washing out once worn undies and socks or a shirt in a sink. But it you are on a long trip and have dirty, smelly clothes to wash, it takes a real detergent like Tide.
Old Nov 18, 2014, 6:57 pm
tcl

Location: In a hotel somewhere trying to repack everything I brought (and bought) in to a carry-on smaller than my last one.
Programs: UA, Asia Miles, Southwest, IHG
I like Tide Sink Laundry packets. They rinse out easily yet clean as well as regular Tide. They also don't feel as slippery on your fingers. If I have delicates I usually use Forever New. I just portion a bit of that powder out and put them in little plastic Pill Pockets found in the pharmacy. However, do be careful of storing these next to medication or the meds will take on a bit of soapy flavour.

If I plan to do machine laundry in or around the hotel then I bring a Tide Laundry Pod or two. For the Tide Pods, I find the Tide Free (unscented) version produces better results as it does not have that blue liquid dot that sometimes does not dissolve properly in whatever strange machine it's put in.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.