Search

Travelpro Zipper Damage

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2014, 4:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Spire
Travelpro Zipper Damage

Hello,
I have a travelpro checked bag that I use for international travel. On my last trip, the zippers from both outside pockets came off. Not just the pulls, the whole slider deal. The teeth look OK. I was given a damage claim form but was only passing through Denpasar for a 12 hour layover, and then off to a remote loction(obviously without luggage repair capability) so I am pretty much on my own to get this repaired.

Does anyone know if you can replace the sliders and pulls easily? I tried a google search and got only you tube results, but given my circumstances living in a remote location, I don't have youtube speed internet.

I would like to try and repair before my next big trip.

Any help or advice would be fantastic!
Old Oct 1, 2014, 2:12 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Take it to a travelpro certified repair shop. They will repair it for free. It's actually very fast. I dropped mine off and then showed up after a month. Nothing was done. Then the guy said hold on and ran into the back. 5-10 minutes later I had all new zippers put on.
Old Oct 1, 2014, 5:20 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by derelict
Take it to a travelpro certified repair shop. They will repair it for free. It's actually very fast. I dropped mine off and then showed up after a month. Nothing was done. Then the guy said hold on and ran into the back. 5-10 minutes later I had all new zippers put on.
Thanks for that, however, there are no travel pro certified repair shops in the middle of the jungle. When I say remote, I mean it, I fly in and out on a helicopter.

If I can't repair it myself somehow, then I will have to drag it along empty on my next vacation to get it repaired, and want to avoid that.
Old Oct 5, 2014, 5:16 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Travelpro Zipper Damage

Ouch.. I guess that explains your handle 😀. I figure the repairs must not be that hard considering how fast the guy did mine but it may need some specialized equipment. You may want to search YouTube for zipper repair videos...
Old Oct 6, 2014, 3:03 am
Original Poster

I found a product called "ZipnFix" and ordered it from Amazon. Will report back here if it works when it gets here in a few weeks.
Old Oct 6, 2014, 4:48 am

Originally Posted by DeepUnderground
I found a product called "ZipnFix" and ordered it from Amazon. Will report back here if it works when it gets here in a few weeks.

I'm looking forward to hear how the zipfix(es) work out, I may need something like them.

Best of luck!
Old Oct 6, 2014, 6:52 am

Programs: DL Silver, AS MVP, UA Silver, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, National Exec Elite
I was just about to recommend ZipFix... I've used a couple on a golf bag and they worked pretty well, you just have to be sure to get the two tracks aligned correctly so you're not off by a few teeth at either end.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.