Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Bellroy wallets - any opinions?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 18, 2014, 4:36 pm

Programs: A3 *G, BA Silver
Originally Posted by Cargojon
Does the note sleeve wallet hold Euros well?
Yes - Euros are smaller than GBP.
Old Sep 20, 2014, 11:19 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA 2MM Yay!, UA MM, Costco General Member
I don't have a Bellroy, although I have considered them. In response to the question about a wallet with a money clip, however, I have this one.

http://www.amazon.com/Hartmann-Belti...artmann+wallet

Very good quality. I have used it for nearly 3 years every day and it is in great condition still.
Old Oct 9, 2014, 9:43 am

Programs: Delta, SPG
I am strongly considering a Bellroy Travel wallet, but why does anyone need an extra SIM card?
Old Oct 9, 2014, 10:07 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA 2MM Yay!, UA MM, Costco General Member
Originally Posted by haibane
I am strongly considering a Bellroy Travel wallet, but why does anyone need an extra SIM card?
Using local SIMs when traveling internationally can save money. Many people do it, although I think fewer now than in years past when the savings were much greater.
Old Oct 11, 2014, 11:57 pm

Programs: BAEC
I'm a big fan of Bellroy, I own a Passport Sleeve and a Slim Sleeve. Everything about them says quality, down to the packaging they come in. My only pet hate is the price in the UK, for some reason they cost the same in pounds as they do in dollars! While this is a tad annoying, I'm condident I'll get years of service out of them, so it's not too big an issue.

I particularly like the passport sleeve. It's great being able to have your passport, important travel cards, boarding pass (if forced to get a physical one) all in one place. I can get 4 cards in mine easily, so there is plenty or room. The little pen is a god send. I cant remember how many times it's saved me a few minutes, allowing me to get close to the front of the dreaded immigration queue.
Old Jun 26, 2015, 9:50 pm

Programs: UA Gold
You know what? I didn't have the same experience with the Bellroy Travel Wallet as most people seemed to have. All in all, the design was nice but I think the leather could have been a bit nicer—it's okay but not the best—and one of the threads came loose on the inner card slot after the first day. (I took some pictures here http://maphappy.org/2015/06/does-the...up-to-the-hype )

I know it's geared to be as a secondary wallet, but for that price, I probably would have preferred it as a main wallet It's still a pretty cool wallet, though, I guess
Old Jun 28, 2015, 3:26 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond, Jiffypark Manhattan Gold
Originally Posted by haibane
I had totally forgotten that slot was there! I recently got a 2nd sim and have been carrying it around in a little tub with some other Colombian stuff I have so it all stays together. Might start using the slot. Why would someone need one? In Colombia using my Canadian cell would cost me an arm and a leg. The other option is to buy a cell, which I have done, but I don't wanna spend much so buying a crappy cell means I can't connect to facebook/email etc etc. So that's kinda crappy. So instead I unlocked my iphone and bought a simcard, works like a charm. I'll be looking into getting a USA one as well, cuz our data package to the US are a joke.

As far as the wallet goes, I've had mine 2 years, it's my everyday wallet, but in fairness, every day for me, isn't really "every day". I pretty much only use plastic to buy stuff, and usually just keep my drivers license and credit card in my phone case, that gets me around. But when travelling I definitely carry my bellroy. I love that it's big enough to separate things, I keep different currency in different areas, or if I need a set amount aside I put it aside. It holds my boarding passes (cuz I constantly end up getting paper ones whether I like it or not) and my passport, which is what I really like.

My biggest issues...the price, the leather scuffs up a bit, my friend bought the brown/tan one and his are way more noticeable than mine in black. If you start taking stuff out, it gets a bit flimsy. The best performance of this thing is when it's full, 8 cards, a passport then whatever else doesn't matter.

I love love love the pen. I've offered it out to numerous people on planes when filling out customs forms, it's fantastic. Still haven't used the refill.

I'd recommend this, but I don't use a daily wallet to be honest so I'm not sure if it'd be good or bad for that. I think the size (length) of it, are a bit of a drawback. But now lots of guys are carrying longer wallets. So that might just be personal preference. It fits in my pockets, but looks really weird in the front pocket of jeans.
Old Jun 29, 2015, 6:21 pm

Programs: A3 *G, BA Silver
The SIM holder is just deep enough to take a FIDO Key:

Amazon Amazon
Old Jun 30, 2015, 8:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by emyh
You know what? I didn't have the same experience with the Bellroy Travel Wallet as most people seemed to have. All in all, the design was nice but I think the leather could have been a bit nicer—it's okay but not the best—and one of the threads came loose on the inner card slot after the first day. (I took some pictures here http://maphappy.org/2015/06/does-the...up-to-the-hype )

I know it's geared to be as a secondary wallet, but for that price, I probably would have preferred it as a main wallet It's still a pretty cool wallet, though, I guess
I read a lot of reviews that said the quality of leather and construction was not as high end as was expected. I still think the designs they have are some of the best out there, and I like that they're trying to be innovative with their wallet layouts.

That said, I wanted a wallet that would last. I ended up with a Tumi Delta card case. It's definitely small, but still very usable. It holds my drivers license, 5 credit cards, a health insurance card, and about 3 or 4 bills folded in half (tucked in the pocket behind some of the cards). If I want to carry more cash than that I usually fold it inside the wallet itself - not the slickest solution but I rarely carry much cash. I've had it almost a year and it still looks great - no loose threads, leather is still soft.
Old Jul 2, 2015, 4:10 am

Originally Posted by Pinned
That said, I wanted a wallet that would last. I ended up with a Tumi Delta card case. It's definitely small, but still very usable.
That post was tempting. I get one myself. Thanks for the advice.
Old Jul 2, 2015, 2:29 pm

Anything to me that hold all your important things in one place is a recipe for disaster to me. If lost or stolen your trip is ruined. I prefer to to keep my passport separate from my wallet and I usually carry a show wallet and one protected.

Shak
Old Jul 4, 2015, 10:06 am

Programs: Mucci, BA, Hilton.
I am fan of nice, slightly unusual wallets:

http://www.realmenswallets.com
Old Jul 5, 2015, 8:51 pm

Programs: Air NZ Gold Elite
I have their passport sleeve, it is excellent, and has held up for multiple trips each month.
The pen is excellent, and I live the small size.

I also have one of their wallets and its been great.
Old Jul 11, 2015, 9:51 am

Programs: FB Gold - M&S Gold
I got their Travel Wallet as a Christmas present last year and I am very very pleased with it.

I had been using a Royce Leather case for the last 6-7 years to carry my passport/boarding passes/FQTV & Public Transportations cards when travelling but it was a bit bulky and waaaaaay too long to fit in a pocket/jacket (25*11.5 cms).

The Travel Wallet is beautiful, very handy, packs a lot of stuff (passport, boarding passes, bills, 8-10 cards....) and fits into any regular pockets (jeans included). That's the kind of stuff that feels absolutely necessary once you gave it a try.
Old Jul 12, 2015, 1:44 am

I love my Bellroy wallet but do wish the leather was just slightly thicker. In less than 2 years, the wallet is so thin in some places that the leather has warn down to the seams. Otherwise, the organization is absolutely perfect.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.