Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Knee Defender Gadget

Search this Thread

Old May 8, 2015, 8:41 am

Originally Posted by BadgerBoi
perfect item for the passive-aggressive traveller
Perfect item to deal with the passive-aggressive traveler.
Old May 8, 2015, 3:39 pm

Programs: QFF Gold, Flying Blue, Enrich
<deleted>

Last edited by BadgerBoi; May 8, 2015 at 3:50 pm Reason: Denying nourishment to the troll
Old May 8, 2015, 4:07 pm

Programs: WS Platinum 18K so far this year
I thought advertising wasn't allowed on FT? How is Knee Defender allowed to shlep this on the forum?
Old May 10, 2015, 2:30 pm

-----

Last edited by Knee Defender; May 10, 2015 at 7:13 pm
Old May 11, 2015, 2:19 am
Suspended

Programs: Aeroplan, IHG, Enterprise, Avios, Nexus
Originally Posted by tlvancouver
I thought advertising wasn't allowed on FT? How is Knee Defender allowed to shlep this on the forum?
The more he advertises the more he builds awareness of a device that is prohibited on most airlines. As a result, if a seat doesn't recline the well-informed traveler and cabin crew won't automatically conclude the seat is broken and will investigate further.

The jerks who use this device are clearly overflowing with a sense of self-entitlement. They are just the types to overreact and become argumentative with FAs if caught. One can hope a few of the jerks will be requiring alternate transportation or having to explain to the nice people in uniforms why they shouldn't be hauled off in restraints.
Old May 11, 2015, 2:22 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Badenoch
The jerks who use this device are clearly overflowing with a sense of self-entitlement.
Just protecting our knees brotha
Old May 11, 2015, 7:31 am
Suspended

Programs: DeltaPrivateJet, Ritz PP, Delta 4 million miler - Flying Colonel; AA Exec Plat (3 million + USAir)
Originally Posted by Badenoch

The jerks who use this device are clearly overflowing with a sense of self-entitlement.
So the person who believes he can recline into the passenger's face is not also a jerk with a sense of self-entitlement?

That is the problem of the world today. Nobody cares about the other person, just themselves.

One does not need the device. Simple put your knees up and push the seat forward.
Old May 11, 2015, 8:00 am

Programs: QFF Gold, Flying Blue, Enrich
Originally Posted by BeatCal
So the person who believes he can recline into the passenger's face is not also a jerk with a sense of self-entitlement?

That is the problem of the world today. Nobody cares about the other person, just themselves.

One does not need the device. Simple put your knees up and push the seat forward.
Except you can bet that the types who have purchased the Scum Defender will be making full use of the recline feature of their own seat.
Old May 11, 2015, 8:19 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by BadgerBoi
Except you can bet that the types who have purchased the Scum Defender will be making full use of the recline feature of their own seat.
Hardly. I believe in a world of no recline, everyone sits straight up and then the space is distributed equally amongst the economy passengers (except exit row and bulkhead who probably paid to sit there).
Old May 11, 2015, 9:13 am

Programs: American AAdvantage
Originally Posted by BeatCal

Buy a seat behind one which doesn't recline.
Old Aug 31, 2015, 4:05 pm
Flyertalk Evangelist and Moderator: Coupon Connection and Travel Products

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite, Hyatt Discoverist, Radisson Elite
I wanted to share an experience that I had with this product on Saturday evening.

We were travelling back from ANC to ATL and our Delta flight left around 8 pm.

The flight took off.... and I started watching a movie.... and then I tried to recline my seat. It would not go back.... I tried a few times... and it finally reclined. I thought nothing about it.

About an hour later, I had a snack so I moved the seat back up. After finishing my soda, I again tried to recline. My seat again would not recline. It suddenly hit me what might be going on. I got up as though going back to the bathroom. Sure enough, the person behind me had reinserted a knee defender. I came forward and reached over and removed the item and sat down. At that point, the woman started yelling at me. I told her I was not talking to her and she was free to get a flight attendant. She then rang the flight attendant and he came back immediately. She told him that I took her property. He asked what I took and I told him "I took the Knee Defender that she was using to prohibit me from reclining." He asked if that was true and she said it was.... "I need the space to use my tablet." The FA then asked "But, you have no problem reclining your seat, do you?" She had no response as her seat was fully reclined; her husband just looked away the entire time.

The FA asked me for the Knee Defender and told her they were prohibited by the airline and she would not get it back. She complained and he said "I can keep it or we can talk to authorities when we land if you REALLY want it back." She just sat down and said nothing.

After he left, I reclined about 1/2 way... figuring I would not be a pain about it.... she proceeded to kick and pull the seat over the next 10 minutes. I then decided to stop being accommodating to her. I got up and told her I would be fully reclining... and expect her to leave my seat alone or we could have another conversation with the flight attendant.

She finally relented and got quiet... and did not tough my seat for the remainder of the flight.

My partner slept through the entire event.... but he asked when we were getting ready to deplane: "Why was that woman looking at you like that?"
Old Sep 1, 2015, 11:29 am

Programs: American AAdvantage
Originally Posted by wharvey
About an hour later, I had a snack so I moved the seat back up. After finishing my soda, I again tried to recline. My seat again would not recline. It suddenly hit me what might be going on. I got up as though going back to the bathroom. Sure enough, the person behind me had reinserted a knee defender. I came forward and reached over and removed the item and sat down. At that point, the woman started yelling at me. I told her I was not talking to her and she was free to get a flight attendant. She then rang the flight attendant and he came back immediately. She told him that I took her property. He asked what I took and I told him "I took the Knee Defender that she was using to prohibit me from reclining." He asked if that was true and she said it was.... "I need the space to use my tablet." The FA then asked "But, you have no problem reclining your seat, do you?" She had no response as her seat was fully reclined; her husband just looked away the entire time.
She fully reclined her seat but didn't want you to recline yours?!
Old Sep 1, 2015, 11:53 am
Suspended

Programs: Aeroplan, IHG, Enterprise, Avios, Nexus
Sure enough, the person behind me had reinserted a knee defender. I came forward and reached over and removed the item and sat down. At that point, the woman started yelling at me. I told her I was not talking to her and she was free to get a flight attendant. She then rang the flight attendant and he came back immediately. She told him that I took her property. He asked what I took and I told him "I took the Knee Defender that she was using to prohibit me from reclining." He asked if that was true and she said it was.... "I need the space to use my tablet." The FA then asked "But, you have no problem reclining your seat, do you?" She had no response as her seat was fully reclined; her husband just looked away the entire time.

The FA asked me for the Knee Defender and told her they were prohibited by the airline and she would not get it back. She complained and he said "I can keep it or we can talk to authorities when we land if you REALLY want it back." She just sat down and said nothing.

After he left, I reclined about 1/2 way... figuring I would not be a pain about it.... she proceeded to kick and pull the seat over the next 10 minutes. I then decided to stop being accommodating to her. I got up and told her I would be fully reclining... and expect her to leave my seat alone or we could have another conversation with the flight attendant.

She finally relented and got quiet... and did not touch my seat for the remainder of the flight.
Well played, Sir! Damn well played! ^
Old Sep 2, 2015, 2:46 pm

Programs: National Executive, Hertz Five Star, Hilton Diamond, BW Diamond
I wanted to share an experience that I had with this product on Saturday evening.

We were travelling back from ANC to ATL and our Delta flight left around 8 pm.

The flight took off.... and I started watching a movie.... and then I tried to recline my seat. It would not go back.... I tried a few times... and it finally reclined. I thought nothing about it.

She finally relented and got quiet... and did not tough my seat for the remainder of the flight.

My partner slept through the entire event.... but he asked when we were getting ready to deplane: "Why was that woman looking at you like that?"
You're a better man than I am. I would have goaded her into escalating to the point where she would be getting pulled off the plane hogtied by seatbelt extenders.
Old Sep 3, 2015, 8:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by DonCarpenter
You're a better man than I am. I would have goaded her into escalating to the point where she would be getting pulled off the plane hogtied by seatbelt extenders.
Ooh. Ooh. And frogmarched. Don't forget the frogmarch.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.