Wiki Posts
Search

Best place to buy B&R U122CX

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2014, 7:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta DM MM, American EXP
Best place to buy B&R U122CX

Looking to replace my older TP 22" with the B&R. I've been doing some longer trips recently and would like to upgrade. Where can I find the best price on B&R luggage?
Old Aug 16, 2014, 8:18 am

Originally Posted by crp5
Looking to replace my older TP 22" with the B&R. I've been doing some longer trips recently and would like to upgrade. Where can I find the best price on B&R luggage?
The prices are locked in by B&R so you'll pay the same no matter where you buy it. Unless you have a chummy relationship with a local luggage shop, no discounting on the U122CX will occur.

Look for free shipping, that's about it.

BJ
Old Aug 16, 2014, 9:24 am

I was looking for the same type of bag. There is an eBay listing for $375 Buy-It-Now but it's located in USA (TX) and doesn't help me But it is new and it has a good price I think
Old Aug 16, 2014, 9:39 am

Programs: AA, HH
Originally Posted by boltjames
The prices are locked in by B&R so you'll pay the same no matter where you buy it. Unless you have a chummy relationship with a local luggage shop, no discounting on the U122CX will occur.

Look for free shipping, that's about it.

BJ
In the DFW area we have a couple of stores call 'Sam Moon". I have found B&R at discounted prices at this store. They carry a nice selection, not everything but is is worth a look if you can find one of these stores.
Old Aug 18, 2014, 5:42 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
Could be worse. You could live in the UK.

This case is going for around £280 on amazon.com ($469) Vs. £399 on Amazon.co.uk.

Easy for me to pack a cheap bag, take a planned trip to the US and buy one over there and save a load.
(Must admit, back in March, it was being sold for £320 at Heathrow - 20% off at Rolling Luggage)

May look in Nordstrom Rack first to see what offers they have or if anything else looks good (present price for this case is £297 so Amazon.com is cheaper). (Nordstrom want £100 in shipping and taxes to ship to the UK on top of that price so it works out the same as buying it here in the first place)
Old Aug 18, 2014, 8:13 am

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Call London Luggage. They are in Michigan.
Old Aug 21, 2014, 4:00 am

Programs: UA GS>1K>Nothing; DL DM 2MM; AS 75K>Nothing>MVP
Altman Luggage - NYC.
Old Aug 21, 2014, 1:02 pm

Programs: Virtuoso, FSPP, RC STARS, Rosewood Elite, Bellini, SPG LP, Dorchester Diamond, PenClub
I bought my last Briggs & Riley bag at Nordstrom. Free shipping (or they may have it in stock at your nearest store). They have a generous returns policy, and as a cardholder I get points

Erin
Old Aug 21, 2014, 2:04 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, Global Entry, Avis President's Club
If you don't need it for any close-in scheduled travel, you can watch on Amazon. I got mine there for 20% off during a sale several months ago.

Don't know how frequently that happens, but when I saw it, I jumped.
Old Aug 21, 2014, 2:19 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, UA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Gold
I got a discontinued B&R (baseline 20in) for $149, no tax and free steeping at Lazar Luggage online. Check their store, great service and decent prices.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.