Wiki Posts
Search

Best type of pen for landing cards?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17, 2014, 8:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: American AAdvantage
Best type of pen for landing cards?

What pen do folks use when filling out the landing card? Some don't write well on the paper; others don't dry quickly enough to prevent smearing.
Old Jul 17, 2014, 8:33 am

Seriously?
I usually borrow the FA pen!
Old Jul 17, 2014, 9:49 am

Programs: AA EXP/2.9mm | Marriott LT Titanium 1.6k nights | NEXUS
Never had a problem with ink on the landing card. It's decent stock and takes any ink like one of the Bics usually in my bag. FWIW I usually carry a Fisher Space pen or two also They write upside down, underwater...anywhere. Their trekker model is compact and has a lanyard, useful outdoors or if you tend to lose pens like I do traveling.
Old Jul 17, 2014, 12:40 pm

Programs: UA, AA, DL, B6, CX, KE, Latitude, VIFP, Crown & Anchor, etc.
LOL, someone tried borrowing my Dunhill gold pen in-flight and keeping it - I usually have those el cheapo free pens from various hotels, disposable & fellow FT's can keep it. Parker pen/refills are nice to write on & much easier to find (cheaper too) - still looking good, a gold one that I picked up on a HKG trip is still nice & shinny after 30 years.
Old Jul 18, 2014, 6:35 am

Programs: UA 1K
With the utmost of respect... it's a landing card, it's not a Hermes linen, gold embossed invitation to your country club. No one will think less of you.

It's called Bic, and I bet you can find ten of them for free within 60 seconds. Go.
Old Jul 18, 2014, 7:56 am

Programs: AA PLT, UA Silver, EK Gold, Hilton Diamond, Global Entry, Clear
I always go with an inkwell and quill! Not messy at all...!
Old Jul 18, 2014, 9:28 am

Programs: UA Pt, Marriott Ti, Hertz PC
Just find a pen you like that writes well and use that. But seriously, most hotel ball points (especially the Bic-type pens) work well enough.
Old Jul 18, 2014, 5:05 pm

Paper Mate Pencil, wooden or mechanical, with non smudge eraser..
Old Jul 19, 2014, 4:26 pm

Uni Jetstream Sport ballpoint, 0.7 mm
Old Jul 19, 2014, 6:29 pm

Programs: UA General Member, AA Gold, SPG (Bonvoy) Gold; IHG Plat. Ambassador
An ink pen...
Old Jul 20, 2014, 7:32 am

Programs: QF
Whatever on hand seems to work for me.
Old Jul 20, 2014, 12:03 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
I use a Cross Ion that lives in the bag that is always in the seat-back pocket when I fly. The size is right, and it's gel so there's no problems writing on most anything, plus it won't leak! However Cross killed off this line a few years ago, so the only ones you can find are stupidly expensive on places like Amazon.

They seem to have a semi-replacement for it called the Cross Gelicious which apparently uses the same refills so I'm guessing it's much the same pen, although possibly not as well made based on the pictures of it.
Old Jul 20, 2014, 5:59 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Whatever pen I'm using that's been taken from a hotel recently. I have about two dozen pens from various Hilton properties and I just stick one into my pocket when I'm traveling.

That said, I do have a really nice St. Regis pen I got at the King Cole bar in New York so sometimes I use that
Old Jul 20, 2014, 10:20 pm

Programs: HH, MR, BA
I personally use a Zebra F701 pen, it's between $6-$10 and is a stainless steel body. It is quite sturdy and writes without smudging and is smooth enough (I have horrible handwriting so the no smudge part is very important for me). The design is also very clean and low key.

If you really want to get creative the Zebra F701 also can take Parker refills with a bit of modification to improve the writing experience (more smooth).
Old Jul 21, 2014, 8:19 am

Programs: UA Pt, Marriott Ti, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by orsetto
Uni Jetstream Sport ballpoint, 0.7 mm
I really like the Jetstream Sport RT 0.7mm, also. That's my favorite current pen, in fact.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.