Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lip Balm

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24, 2014, 3:17 pm
Original Poster

Lip Balm

I would like some recommendations for lip balm. My lips are constantly dry and nothing seems to hold up well. I've tried Blistex and I'm currently using Vaseline Lip Therapy but they don't seem to hold up well. If someone has recommendations for lip balm for constantly dry lips, please let me know!

Cheers
Old Feb 24, 2014, 3:57 pm

Programs: DL PM, 1MM, DL SC, Kimpton Inner Circle
Funny you should ask...my wife recently bought me a new lip balm called Yu-Be. It's from Japan and I think she ordered it from Sephora. It is all natural and has no petroleum by-products (unlike ChapStick, Vaseline, etc.). It works great -- not thick and pasty, and also not thin and greasy. Stays on for a long time. A little more expensive, but well worth it in my opinion!

Edited to add link:http://www.sephora.com/lip-therapy-P..._P213541_image

Last edited by KevinDTW; Feb 24, 2014 at 3:59 pm Reason: Add link
Old Feb 24, 2014, 4:49 pm

Burt's Bees have fixed chapped lips that were completely unaffected by other chap sticks.
Old Feb 24, 2014, 6:20 pm

Programs: QF CL
Lucas Paw Paw Ointment. I also have dry lips and find it works really well. I always carry it with me.

It's Australian but I am sure I've seen it at Mannings in HKG. Otherwise I think I've seen it on Net-Porter.com.
Old Feb 24, 2014, 6:21 pm

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
Carmex?
Old Feb 24, 2014, 7:01 pm
Formerly known as cagalindo

Programs: Citi AA/HH/TYP Amex SPG/HH & Chase SP/PC
Blistex doesn't do it for me either, this stuff does

http://www.amazon.com/Nivea-Moisture...nivea+moisture

Also, if you have been using lip balm several times a day, your lips will get used to it and then you will always need it. I would not apply more than a few times per day.
Old Feb 25, 2014, 7:55 am

I'm a carmex fan.
Old Feb 25, 2014, 10:30 am

Alba's un-petroleum lip balm is awesome. I think it's the beeswax, which you can find in other brands, but this particular one works amazingly on me, I'd recommend it. It's also cheap (under $2) and comes in vanilla and cherry.
Old Feb 25, 2014, 11:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
Originally Posted by Megn
Burt's Bees have fixed chapped lips that were completely unaffected by other chap sticks.
^ to Burt's Bees. Easy to buy in Canada. I have one at all my residences as travel toiletry bags (311 and full sizes)
Old Feb 25, 2014, 12:23 pm

Programs: AA Plat, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
Another vote for carmex. The stick variety, not the tube or pot. It's lightweight and seems to penetrate and moisturize better than others, but still provides a barrier to protect from whatever is causing the chapping. Not only does it have amazing staying power, but the bit of menthol is very soothing to sore lips.

Other less important things that I like about it: a little bit goes a long way, the cap stays on when it's in my handbag or pocket, and the notched increments when adjusting up and down keeps it properly extended.

My only real grievance with it is that it doesn't seem to always wash off my glassware very well, so I find myself wiping the rims before loading them into the dishwasher.
Old Feb 25, 2014, 2:28 pm
Original Poster

To those who answered Burt's Bees, which kind should I get? There are alot of Burt's Bees.
Old Feb 25, 2014, 4:07 pm

Buddha Balm

I have tried a lot of them, I don't think Burt's lasts very long, Nivea is wierd feeling and I will tolerate the moisturizing chapstick. I sleep with Carmex every night, but during the day, it's Buddha Balm. I found it at Belagio and went back to buy 4 more tubes. Sadly, I am on my last tube but I am sure you can find it online.
Old Feb 25, 2014, 4:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
Originally Posted by Megn
Originally Posted by maortega15
To those who answered Burt's Bees, which kind should I get? There are alot of Burt's Bees.
I use the toothpaste like tube that squeezes the "ointment" out of a hole on the "applicator" tip.
Old Feb 27, 2014, 1:53 am

Programs: Krisflyer, Skymiles
The Face Shop's lip care cream with Shea Butter was my lifesaver during a coldish spring in Seoul and it's been my fave ever since.
http://international.thefaceshop.com...e=232&pageno=3
Old Feb 27, 2014, 9:36 am
tcl

Location: In a hotel somewhere trying to repack everything I brought (and bought) in to a carry-on smaller than my last one.
Programs: UA, Asia Miles, Southwest, IHG
I usually use Vaseline petroleum jelly. The plain stuff in a tiny tub or the tube Lip Therapy. I also like Nivea because it is a bit more waxy and has more staying power. Khiel's lip balm is ok too but is very shiny and tastes bitter.

I dislike Carmex or Blistex because I find them overly waxy.

Have you tried using your lip moisturizer overmight? I make sure I put them on overnight to let it soak in.

Last edited by tcl; Feb 27, 2014 at 9:39 am Reason: Added product

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.