Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Products
Reload this Page >

The 2014 Tote/Personal 2nd Bag Thread- What Are You Using?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The 2014 Tote/Personal 2nd Bag Thread- What Are You Using?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 16, 2014, 5:15 pm

Programs: AC E50K (*G), Westjet Gold
I have 2, depending on whether I'm on a personal or work-related trip.

For work-related trips, I have a Tumi T-Tech T-Pass expandable brief. It has a nice padded laptop compartment, lots of room in the expandable main area, a water bottle holder, and a (albeit tight) slide-over sleeve on the back. I can easily carry my laptop, cords, chargers, books, water, and some clothes in there.

http://www.amazon.com/Tumi-Luggage-T.../dp/B0091WIIBG

For personal trips, I have a B&R Transcend Cabin Duffel. The problem here is that its big- dimensions are too big, and on top of a 19" carry on, it looks enormous. Its the kind of bag you have to hide from picky agents. That being said, I love it. It fits a ton of clothes, as much as my roller. Its durable, has great pockets for liquids on the sides, and fits under the seat on all planes easily (I've tested it in E90 (Y/J), A319 (Y/J), CRJ 200, DH4, and DH3).

http://www.briggs-riley.com/category...ntinued)_TC116

Its funny, both my bags are now discontinued. Its a shame, as they're great bags.

My question though- do people slide bags over the handle of their wheeled bag, or do they use the "add-a-bag" system (ie. strap and hang over the front?) I seem to get this as a feature on every carry on, but never see anyone use it, other than crew!
Old Dec 16, 2014, 7:05 pm

Programs: QF CL
Originally Posted by nave888
My question though- do people slide bags over the handle of their wheeled bag, or do they use the "add-a-bag" system (ie. strap and hang over the front?) I seem to get this as a feature on every carry on, but never see anyone use it, other than crew!
I don't use the "add a bag" strap. I find it unbalances the load.
Old Dec 17, 2014, 7:38 am
Suspended

Programs: Aeroplan, IHG, Enterprise, Avios, Nexus
Briggs and Riley 231X. Works as both a tote for personal trips and a laptop bag while on business. Measures 35.5" when unexpanded.

http://www.briggs-riley.com/category...31X&sec=travel
Old Feb 20, 2015, 8:07 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG Gold
I use Travelpro Walkabout Lite 4 Rolling Computer Tote. Fits under the seat of every plane I've ever been on (Dash 8, ERJ, CRJ, etc.)

Can be rolled on its own if the other piece is checked, also has a strap on the back to ride on top of a bigger carry on or checked piece.

I've used in on 4 trips this year and love it.
Old Feb 21, 2015, 4:49 am

I love my Kipling Sherpa as my personal item. My 311 bag goes in the outside pocket. The other pocket I keep my inflatable pillow and inflatable footrest. lots of room inside, although I try not to stuff it. I'm going to buy it in another color soon.
Old Feb 23, 2015, 11:21 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by voodoogirl
I love my Kipling Sherpa as my personal item. My 311 bag goes in the outside pocket. The other pocket I keep my inflatable pillow and inflatable footrest. lots of room inside, although I try not to stuff it. I'm going to buy it in another color soon.
I agree with you, voodoogirl, on the Kipling Sherpa. It weighs nothing, the zippers are heavy duty and work perfectly, tons of space and I also use the outside pockets for the 311 bag, a shawl, my travel pouch. The outside pockets are spacious, so you don't have to squeeze or slide stuff into them. There is also that back sleeve to slip over your roll-on handle.
Always fits under the seat with no issue at all and still leaves room for my feet on the other side of it.
Old Mar 7, 2015, 9:25 am

Originally Posted by ALittleSurreal
I agree with you, voodoogirl, on the Kipling Sherpa. It weighs nothing, the zippers are heavy duty and work perfectly, tons of space and I also use the outside pockets for the 311 bag, a shawl, my travel pouch. The outside pockets are spacious, so you don't have to squeeze or slide stuff into them. There is also that back sleeve to slip over your roll-on handle.
Always fits under the seat with no issue at all and still leaves room for my feet on the other side of it.
I also have the Kipling Sherpa. It's my favorite, and I have a closet full of tote bags.
Old Mar 7, 2015, 10:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Mine's a simple 3-compartment Adidas backpack. One of a pair my daughter won in a 5K race. Hard to beat the price ...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.