Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Products
Reload this Page >

Travelpro Platinum Magna 21 Spinner vs??

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28, 2013, 2:33 pm
Original Poster

Hi,

Need to urgently order a new carry on (trip on wednesday, samsonite just broke), need it to be sturdy, spinner, and something with a decent warranty..

I'm interested in in the Platinum Magna, but no reviews here on FT (unless I'm missing something).. anyone have any experience?

anyone recommend anything else? Need to be able to order on amazon with prime to get in time.. willing to pay upto about $250 or a little more if it's a one time investment.

Thanks
Old Oct 10, 2013, 6:54 am

Programs: US Air, United

May I ask if you bought it and how you like it?
My carryon also broke last week and I am looking at getting the 22" Platinum Magna Rollaboard this week. Thanks.
Old Dec 22, 2013, 5:12 pm

Just recently picked up the 21" and 25". Great bags, I can feel the difference when rolling it
Old Jun 16, 2014, 9:32 am

Programs: BOS - UA 2P, SPG Plat
Any more experience with this? Does this spinner fit into the new sizers? It seems the rollaboard doesn't have the 'magna' magnetic features -- why go with the rollaboard?

Thanks everyone -- considering getting this to replace my atlantic suiter!
Old Jun 16, 2014, 4:01 pm

Yes, the spinner fits, 21" is the new size iirc. I guess if you prefer to wheel your luggage like that the rollaboard would make more sense.
Old May 25, 2015, 7:44 pm

Programs: BA, Lufthansa, Virgin, Southwest, Marriot, Accorhotels, Hilton
Originally Posted by Hellfire
Just recently picked up the 21" and 25". Great bags, I can feel the difference when rolling it
How do you like your TravelPro Magna Platinum spinners? I am curious about 25" one...How does it fare after several check ins, how are the wheels? I am thinking of getting this bag as one of my check in bags gave in and I wonder if the wheels are sturdy enough to take the airlines abuse. Many thanks for your...or anyone's help.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.