Reload this Page >

Ordering Rimowa from Koffer Direkt

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ordering Rimowa from Koffer Direkt

Search this Thread

Old Sep 12, 2013, 12:54 am

Programs: COdbaUA 1K MM, AA EXP, Bonbon Gold, GHA Titanium, Hertz PC, NEXUS and GE
Originally Posted by DC777Fan
Somebody in Germany could do tremendous business by shipping Rimowa luggage to FT members if they could manage to prove they're exporting all of them (VAT).

On a side note, what are the closest countries (or cheapest countries from DE to ship to) that wouldn't be subject to VAT and/or does anybody have a recommendation for a forwarding service in that country? At that point even the forwarding company's markup is still much cheaper than USA retail...

First point - Its like opposite world from the days when US-based exporters - especially German ones - would buy Levi's at full retail (probably $30 in those days), ship to Germany and they would end up selling for 250 Marks.

I guess you would be looking at Switzerland or Norway on the second point.
Old Sep 13, 2013, 5:49 am

Successful order from kofferprofi arrived today!

I was worried with all the talk about Rimowa not allowing online sales to countries with dealers and my order took a like 2 weeks to ship due to lack of stock but it finally arrived today. Took about 7 calendar days from date they shipped from Germany to arrive here in Hong Kong.

Got the IATA cabin trolley. Can't wait to use it for my trip to London in Oct
Old Sep 13, 2013, 12:27 pm

Originally Posted by infinii
Successful order from kofferprofi arrived today!

I was worried with all the talk about Rimowa not allowing online sales to countries with dealers and my order took a like 2 weeks to ship due to lack of stock but it finally arrived today. Took about 7 calendar days from date they shipped from Germany to arrive here in Hong Kong.

Got the IATA cabin trolley. Can't wait to use it for my trip to London in Oct
Nice! It seems like everyone got what they ordered from KofferProfi in very reasonable time.
I put in an order with another merchant (because they were offering a discount code) and the 2 Limbos supposedly shipped on Sep 4th but I still haven't received them. Via DHL too. I'm suspiciously thinking the merchant may have chosen a slower delivery method since I used a discount code. Or perhaps extra security scrutiny around 9/11 anniversary here on the East coast has slowed down international shipments. Anyone made an order from Germany around Sep 4th who is still waiting? Looks like I'm out of luck for my business trip next week, will have to continue with old bag.
Old Sep 13, 2013, 1:08 pm

Hi EWR -

Your tracking information from DHL.DE appears to illustrate your Rimowa Limbo cartons have successfully arrived in North America. There is a " passing of the DHL baton " to local carriers such as USPS, DHL, and others, that results in a blank period of tracking activity.

For example you may see a DHL tracking entry that states " Package has departed Saulheim, DE to the destination country. " If so your package is in North America, in US or Canadian Customs for examination, or actually further enroute to your door.

I would sit back, relax, and anticipate the shipment shortly to your door.

Keep us posted.
Old Sep 13, 2013, 4:30 pm

Hmm, that is interesting, and hopeful too. I mean the only company who I contacted was Koffer24 who confirmed that they were not exporting it. It is also stated on their shop blog:

Due to licence regulations between Rimowa and koffer24 we are forced to stop selling to customers in countries like China, USA, Japan, Taiwan, and several other Non-EU countries.

Therefore on 21st of May we will stop taking orders of RIMOWA articles as long as the shipping adress is in these countries. We are very sorry for not being able to serve our customers there anymore.
(Source)

You would think that it would apply to all German stockists of Rimowa. I never contacted Kofferprofi about this and just went ahead and ordered anyway utilsing a discount code. It is odd that they were going through an apparent phase of cancelling international orders, as noted by some other members of this forum less than a month ago.

I also find it odd that in their blog post, they state "several other Non-EU countries". However, when I contacted them via email they included the UK (which is an EU member state) to be part of the exclusion list along with USA et al.
Old Sep 19, 2013, 5:52 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
I tried to order twice from Koffer Direkt (to Canada) this month. Each time order was cancelled.

I had to buy my Rimowa locally. Almost $3500 for three pieces of luggage. Would have been about $2500 from Koffer. Anyway, not happy that I feel gouged, but the luggage is very nice and has held up pretty well on its first trip abroad.
Old Sep 20, 2013, 3:15 pm

Originally Posted by Swissaire
Hi EWR -

Your tracking information from DHL.DE appears to illustrate your Rimowa Limbo cartons have successfully arrived in North America. There is a " passing of the DHL baton " to local carriers such as USPS, DHL, and others, that results in a blank period of tracking activity.

For example you may see a DHL tracking entry that states " Package has departed Saulheim, DE to the destination country. " If so your package is in North America, in US or Canadian Customs for examination, or actually further enroute to your door.

I would sit back, relax, and anticipate the shipment shortly to your door.

Keep us posted.
Got the Limboes today. IATA cabin multiwheel and 73cm in nachtblau. Brilliant looking. USPS dropped off two boxes and they had taken quite a beating during shipment so I was fearful of damage. But they were double-boxed so both pieces were pristine. Rimowa labels inside state Made in Czech Republic. No shoe bags though. I thought they came with some extra accessories but I wouldn't really use them anyway since I like to reduce as much weight as possible.
So it took about 15 days from time I paid the merchant to when I received at home. It must have sat at USPS ISC NY for 9-10 days. Don't really know why but I'll blame it on the proximity to the 9/11 anniversary. I had tried calling the USPS 800 number earlier in the week and was on hold for an hour so I gave up. In the future if I had a choice for the US leg of the delivery, I would pay a little bit extra for UPS or FedEx.
Now looking forward to putting the IATA multiwheel to the test on an upcoming transcontinental flight.
Old Sep 21, 2013, 10:35 am

Originally Posted by EWRorJFK
Got the Limboes today. IATA cabin multiwheel and 73cm in nachtblau. Brilliant looking. USPS dropped off two boxes and they had taken quite a beating during shipment so I was fearful of damage. But they were double-boxed so both pieces were pristine. Rimowa labels inside state Made in Czech Republic. No shoe bags though. I thought they came with some extra accessories but I wouldn't really use them anyway since I like to reduce as much weight as possible.
So it took about 15 days from time I paid the merchant to when I received at home. It must have sat at USPS ISC NY for 9-10 days. Don't really know why but I'll blame it on the proximity to the 9/11 anniversary. I had tried calling the USPS 800 number earlier in the week and was on hold for an hour so I gave up. In the future if I had a choice for the US leg of the delivery, I would pay a little bit extra for UPS or FedEx.
Now looking forward to putting the IATA multiwheel to the test on an upcoming transcontinental flight.
My shoe bag was in the corner of one of the cardboard packing boxes, almost didn't see it, and threw it out with the garbage.
Old Sep 21, 2013, 6:16 pm

Programs: QFF, Krisflyer
Any new coupons for them?
Old Sep 24, 2013, 9:08 am

Trying to make sense of this thread. It appears some orders are being cancelled while others are being fulfilled?
Old Sep 24, 2013, 1:35 pm

Originally Posted by polandspringuy
Trying to make sense of this thread. It appears some orders are being cancelled while others are being fulfilled?
KofferProfi seems to be fulfilling the orders as long as you do not use a discount promo code. They had limited stock but I think some of the alu models are getting restocked by the end of the month.
Old Sep 24, 2013, 3:41 pm

KofferProfi seems to be fulfilling the orders as long as you do not use a discount promo code. They had limited stock but I think some of the alu models are getting restocked by the end of the month.
thanks EWRorJFK. I picked up a Topas carry-on a couple weeks ago at the FRA LH worldshop because I thought Profi, Direkt, etc stopped shipping outside Germany. Good to know for my next purchase.
Old Sep 24, 2013, 6:09 pm

Programs: UA GS 1MM, Amex Centurion, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ambassador
Don't know if I just got lucky or what - ordered a Rimowa Topas 70 from koffer-direkt over the weekend (paid with PayPal) and it shipped within hours. Tracking number shows progress on DHL.de and has also appeared in USPS.

Last edited by immaculate; Sep 24, 2013 at 6:10 pm Reason: adding context
Old Sep 25, 2013, 2:16 pm

Well... just to confuse matters, they accepted my 11% discount code when I ordered mine. Then again, I'm based within the EU so I wasn't eligible for the 19% VAT off. Which makes sense... getting 19% VAT off and then a further 11% seems a bit cheeky.

Also it would appear orders that are paid via PayPal with Direkt and Proffi are going through fine? Probably because the payment is instantly "verified" unlike if were to use a Credit Card etc...
Old Sep 25, 2013, 3:38 pm

Originally Posted by rirawin
Well... just to confuse matters, they accepted my 11% discount code when I ordered mine. Then again, I'm based within the EU so I wasn't eligible for the 19% VAT off. Which makes sense... getting 19% VAT off and then a further 11% seems a bit cheeky.

Also it would appear orders that are paid via PayPal with Direkt and Proffi are going through fine? Probably because the payment is instantly "verified" unlike if were to use a Credit Card etc...
I'm US based and PayPal would not work for me, it kept on saying something about missing State. I used my Chase Visa and it was on it's way...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.