Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Products
Reload this Page >

Need help with my liquids bag

Need help with my liquids bag

Old Jul 27, 2016, 2:43 am

Programs: US Gold
Besides the size of GoToobs, they aren't airtight either, so if you leave something in one between trips it tends to dry out. Good idea, but very badly executed.

Bed Bath and Beyond sells small screw-top containers for travel purposes, and I have some of those, also, as someone mentioned, the Container Store is a good source. I find it preferable to have something durable I don't have to worry about replacing, so I got a clear, zippered cosmetic case when the 3-1-1 rule came out, and although it's actually a little smaller than the approved size it works fine for me.

wg
Old Jul 28, 2016, 11:17 pm

Like many here I use a ziploc bag. My bright idea is to use contact lens holders to store lotion, foundation, gels. They've worked great for me. Similar to this (or a flip top kind)--

http://cdn.opentip.com/Health-Person...commendeditems
Old Jul 29, 2016, 7:16 am

Programs: Delta Gold, silver, what yr is it?
Oil is a big problem in silicone. Learned a great tip here - use old visine bottles for oils (I never knew the tops could be unscrewed!!) So if you use face oils - easy to take a tiny bit with you.

Instead of contact lens cases, I typically reuse small screw top sample cases (eg the kind Nordstrom gives out) for small amounts of eye or face cream or first aid cream or whatever.

And I just use a ziploc. Though if I am checking bags and pack liquids, I have a larger waterproof bag I'll pack in. And if I'm bringing liquor or wine, I'll vacuum seal before padding, just as an extra layer of protection...
Old Jul 29, 2016, 8:47 am

Programs: Air Canada P25K, Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Gold, MGM Gold
If you're using a ziplock bag, be sure to keep a few extras in your carry-on in case it rips open. It happened to me once and there were no extra bags at the security checkpoint. One TSA agent wasn't going to allow it through since it wasn't sealed but a supervisor let it go.
I like buying sample size containers from drug stores (especially if they are rectangular shape and close to the maximum allowable size). I fill them with my own products and they are already labelled (i.e. I put my shampoo in a shampoo bottle, my conditioner in a conditioner bottle, etc.) I have never had a leak reusing them but I have with empty travel bottles that I purchased.
Old Jul 29, 2016, 2:14 pm

Programs: AS MVP, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by KCZ
They're only 3 oz (vs 3.3), but I may give these a try. Thanks!

Originally Posted by Hoyaheel
Oil is a big problem in silicone.
Interesting. I did not know that.

I carry two liquids with me - shampoo and a face oil. Jojoba oil isn't actually an oil, but a tree wax. I wonder if jojoba + silicone would have the same effect. And argan oil. Something to search on the interwebs.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.