Reload this Page >

Briggs & Riley TORQ

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Briggs & Riley TORQ

Search this Thread

Old Jul 2, 2013, 9:05 am

I looked at the Torq bag this past weekend at a luggage store. The bag has a lot of flex to it and I really liked the outer laptop compartment. It appears to lock when you set the luggage lock, so that is handy for keeping all of your valuables secure. I do not care much for the 50/50 split hard shell luggage, but am definitely considering getting one of these given its 80/29 split. And the lifetime warranty is really nice.
Old Jul 2, 2013, 9:06 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hertz 5*, IHG RA, Hyatt Diamond, Amex Plat, SPG Gold
Bloomingdales also carries the TORQ line and routinely offers a friends and family 20% discount.
Old Jul 22, 2013, 7:02 am

Programs: MR PremPlat, DL DM 1M, AA Plat, Avis First, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by seawolf
The 20% works. I ordered the carry-on and the medium spinner ($1,008). Discounted $200 before tax (if applicable).
Thanks Dgreen and seawolf. My torq is on its way from Amazon using the 20% coupon.
Old Aug 24, 2013, 6:39 am

I also ordered the Torq for a 3 month trip around Europe. So far; its been excellent and it holds a lot than it looks. I like their is a separate zip compartment where you can separate your clothes. The outside panel is really great for taking out your laptop or phone; however, it's not that big and might not fit large 17" laptops.
Old Aug 24, 2013, 12:09 pm

Originally Posted by V6Lover
The outside panel is really great for taking out your laptop or phone; however, it's not that big and might not fit large 17" laptops.
Does the outside panel lock when the main compartment is locked?
Old Aug 24, 2013, 12:16 pm

I just tested it and it does lock. It uses the same lock combo; once you have the right combination for the lock; the front opens also.
Old Aug 24, 2013, 12:35 pm

I just tested it and it does lock. It uses the same lock combo; once you have the right combination for the lock; the front opens also.
Thanks!
Old Aug 24, 2013, 1:28 pm

however, it's not that big and might not fit large 17" laptops.
I have an old 15.4" laptop that is just a little bit too large to fit.
Old Aug 24, 2013, 1:31 pm

Originally Posted by Skink
I have an old 15.4" laptop that is just a little bit too large to fit.
It might be ok; I have the HP Envy 14.5" and there's still room left over. You can check the specs to make sure
Old Aug 31, 2013, 10:48 am

Programs: United, Delta, Southwest, AA, IHG, Starwood, Hilton
Here's a review from a well-traveled writer who has checked out a lot of similar hardside bags: Briggs & Riley Torq

Note at the end he just sent back another B&R bag that had a broken zipper--after 15 years of use---and they sent a replacement immediately!
Old Sep 5, 2013, 10:48 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hertz 5*, IHG RA, Hyatt Diamond, Amex Plat, SPG Gold
Used this bag on a recent trip around Asia and Europe. Rolls great but I have about half as much storage as my old carryon. My 15" laptop would not fit in the compartment. I put 2 ipads in there along with some papers and the compartment started to bulge on the sides (the locking mechanism is in the middle).

Great for short trips or longer trips where you'll be checking most of your luggage. Funny thing is once I put the CX pj's and amenity kit into my Torq, that took up about 1/3 of the space!
Old Sep 5, 2013, 4:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
I bought two 26 Torqs for check in baggage. I like the flexibility of soft sides so my carry on and personal item are both soft sides roller and computer bag. The hardshell gives better protection for checked bags. I can pamper my carry on except potential gate-check flights and I plan and pack accordingly.
Old Oct 17, 2013, 1:34 am

a 15.4 gaming laptop probably wont fit in the compartment. my asus g53 is too big. normally I carry my laptop in a padded messenger bag tho so I didn't mind.

I like the compartment on the torq very useful.

first time with a hard shell bag. it adds a decent amount of weight but I think I prefer that then a tear in the bag and having all my stuff fall out or something like that at the wrong time.

rolls too well will be chasing it down a slope someday lol

while I am super happy with the bag I think the wheels wore down a bit already.

I was delayed at an airport and killed time just rolling around the airport to kill time like an hour and half. looked at the wheels and thought they wore down a bit.

was thinking about asking briggs and riley to pre emptively mail me some wheels for when they wear down to nubs.
Old Oct 17, 2013, 6:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
Originally Posted by bigbellytraveler
a 15.4 gaming laptop probably wont fit in the compartment. my asus g53 is too big. normally I carry my laptop in a padded messenger bag tho so I didn't mind.

I like the compartment on the torq very useful.

first time with a hard shell bag. it adds a decent amount of weight but I think I prefer that then a tear in the bag and having all my stuff fall out or something like that at the wrong time.

rolls too well will be chasing it down a slope someday lol

while I am super happy with the bag I think the wheels wore down a bit already.

I was delayed at an airport and killed time just rolling around the airport to kill time like an hour and half. looked at the wheels and thought they wore down a bit.

was thinking about asking briggs and riley to pre emptively mail me some wheels for when they wear down to nubs.
I still have two extra wheels when they sent me replacement wheels for a DIY repair on a 26 rolling duffle.
Old Oct 17, 2013, 7:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by globetrots
Here's a review from a well-traveled writer who has checked out a lot of similar hardside bags: Briggs & Riley Torq

!
I hate product reviewers who don't use their own photos. What purpose does a review have when all you use is a stock photo? When they don't take the time to make a couple of photos, I often suspect that they didn't actually review the product.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.