RazorKeeper razor travel case

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

RazorKeeper razor travel case

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13, 2013, 5:28 pm

Programs: United Mileage Plus
I do agree that I don't necessarily need a case that holds the entire handle. One that just fits over the head would be sufficient and would also protect single blade on the back of the razor, but I haven't found one that does that So I'm trying this out.
Old Jun 17, 2013, 9:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Skymiles Platinum
Hey guys (and maybe gals), I know some of you got RazorKeeper. I would love to hear about your travel experience with it!

-Mike
Old Jun 17, 2013, 10:44 pm

I won't be traveling with it until next week (2 weeks in Europe), initial impressions...

Its well built. Nice and sturdy. The packaging is very nice. I actually didn't really expect packaging, more just a plastic bag, so it was a nice surprise for what its worth. My Fusion Proglide fits well in it. It rattles around a bit, but not a big deal. I think calling the little hole on the end a "ventilation system" is a bit of a stretch though. The razor isn't exactly going to air out through that little hole. If you really want a ventilation system put some slats in the front and back of it. Overall its a great product. Looking forward to trying it on my trip.

An an alternative model, you could make one that just encases the top half of the razor, or really even just the head. The handle doesn't need to be encases and just ads to the bulk. Just an idea.
Old Jun 18, 2013, 1:57 pm

Originally Posted by Snareman

An an alternative model, you could make one that just encases the top half of the razor, or really even just the head. The handle doesn't need to be encases and just ads to the bulk. Just an idea.
Right, I agree. Only that then he faces two more obstacles. It is much easier to make a generic case big enough for any razor than to make something that only attaches to the blade of any razor and still gets a good grip without rattling around. Moreover, in that case one is back to the blade protectors that come with some razors but not as elegant because this would essentially be a box around a blade. Then why not put the blade in a box? Matchbox? Or the holder the blades come in anyway?

I really think the Razorkeeper is a solution for a problem that isn't really a problem and it is not even a very elegant solution. It's not super stylish, although nicely shaped, it's made of plastic, so no fancy materials or craftsmanship that one would be proud to have around each day, and it's not by a famous brand so that one could feel good about it or brag with it. This means, by the fact that it doesn't really fulfill an urgent function and it doesn't do it much better than any other cheaper solution would, this belongs in the category of luxury gadget. But then again it doesn't have the trappings of a luxury gadget.

Maybe producing it in a myriad of colors and selling it for half the price would would up the fashion potential.

Till
Old Jun 18, 2013, 6:42 pm

Originally Posted by tfar
Right, I agree. Only that then he faces two more obstacles. It is much easier to make a generic case big enough for any razor than to make something that only attaches to the blade of any razor and still gets a good grip without rattling around. Moreover, in that case one is back to the blade protectors that come with some razors but not as elegant because this would essentially be a box around a blade. Then why not put the blade in a box? Matchbox? Or the holder the blades come in anyway?

I really think the Razorkeeper is a solution for a problem that isn't really a problem and it is not even a very elegant solution. It's not super stylish, although nicely shaped, it's made of plastic, so no fancy materials or craftsmanship that one would be proud to have around each day, and it's not by a famous brand so that one could feel good about it or brag with it. This means, by the fact that it doesn't really fulfill an urgent function and it doesn't do it much better than any other cheaper solution would, this belongs in the category of luxury gadget. But then again it doesn't have the trappings of a luxury gadget.

Maybe producing it in a myriad of colors and selling it for half the price would would up the fashion potential.

Till
Well, its at least better than what I had been using which was just the small plastic holder that you can buy with the razor.
This one, which its always falling out of.

This one is too large for my dop kit. So the RK at least provides a more compact option.
Old Jul 8, 2013, 9:15 pm
Original Poster

So Razorkeeper went to Iceland for some testing. It passed with flying colors. Here are some pictures:

If anyone wants to see some cool pics from Iceland, I can post some Highly recommended travel destination.
Old Aug 9, 2013, 9:25 am
Original Poster

Just an update here, folks... Early reviews for RazorKeeper look great! Makes me happy to have created something that people enjoy using.
Old Aug 25, 2015, 11:20 am
Original Poster

Listened to tfar and released some new colors
Old Aug 26, 2015, 5:11 am

Programs: A3 *G, BA Silver
I would, perhaps, pay $5 for this. No more.

$20 is way to expensive IMHO.
Old Sep 1, 2015, 4:55 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MAN Pax
I would, perhaps, pay $5 for this. No more.

$20 is way to expensive IMHO.
Fair enough. But it's not as cheap to manufacture and ship as you think... Plus I like to think that the product adds value
Old Sep 17, 2015, 5:46 pm

Just received my razorkeeper. I'm a travel gadget buff so I decided to order one. Good quality. To keep the air flowing through it I drilled some 1/8 in holes around the case to let any moisture drain.

Fits the Gillette, Hydro razors very well. When I travel I prefer to have my razor protected especially when digging into a shaving kit.

Good product, price is at the top point but includes postage.

I may even order another one!
Old Sep 17, 2015, 7:11 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott Lifetime / Annual Titanium; Massively Missing Starwood
3 months, 3 sold
Old Sep 20, 2015, 9:36 pm

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by dingo
3 months, 3 sold
2 years and 3 months.

I just use the plastic bit that comes with the razor. works perfectly.
Old Sep 21, 2015, 2:05 am

Programs: AA (Plt Pro; 1.5 MM)
Clearly the handle shouldn't need any protection. As for the blade, what's wrong with wrapping a kleenex or paper towel around it? Can usually find a new one in the same bathroom where you shave.
Old Sep 21, 2015, 2:09 am

Originally Posted by docmoney
Thank you for your kind words. Mach 3 is still my favorite razor - the narrower blade allows greater precision. I lost the stand with which it came a long time ago, however.

The previous auction expired - I relisted.

-Mike
Almost the same here, except I just take blades one of the holders that you buy them in - just keep one instead of throwing away when you finish the blades. Dont need a holder for the handle. Less weight overall.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.