Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Products
Reload this Page >

Anyone used a product called "ShelfPack"?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11, 2015, 10:45 am
Flyertalk Evangelist and Moderator: Coupon Connection and Travel Products
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite, Hyatt Discoverist, Radisson Elite

I ran across mention of a suitcase on a Princess Cruises group on Facebook.

It is called "ShelfPack". http://shelfpack.com/

Has anyone heard of or used this product?
Old Jun 12, 2015, 7:27 pm

Originally Posted by wharvey
I ran across mention of a suitcase on a Princess Cruises group on Facebook.

It is called "ShelfPack". http://shelfpack.com/

Has anyone heard of or used this product?

Have not, but looks interesting. Dubious about the stability of the unit she open. Lots of possibility for breaking
Old Jun 12, 2015, 10:29 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, AAdvantage
What's wrong with using packing cubes?

There's no mention of weight or price and order goes to email.

Perhaps this would work better on a cruise, I have no idea about that.
Old Jun 13, 2015, 9:27 am

Programs: UA, AA, DL, B6, CX, KE, Latitude, VIFP, Crown & Anchor, etc.
That 28" checked-in beast looks like a dinosaur and even the shrinking "standard" cabins on newer mega cruise ships (suites & penthouses being exceptional) - there might not be space for it. Besides, there are plenty of smart storage space (under our bed, there's plenty of elevated height (16" +) for bigger spinners & rollers, closets & (open) shelves to use. Mass market cruise lines are "encouraging" pax to bring no more than 2 bags of 25" or under at 50 lbs. - yet enforced & difficult to implement at the piers with shore-based contracted porters.

When we do longer cruises, besides taking a 22" rollers for each of us, we might take a 3rd. one shared between DW & I from home port only - a 25" one, cross-packed in cubes only if we really need the extras. Travel light is the motto but I can see sheepies buying into one for extended sailings.

If the surface is flat & sturdy enough, I supposed it can be used on a cruise ship as a coffee table on its side or function as an end table - usually all the space available are designed & configured for flexible use & there's no room for this monster. And, no words about a "limited" ??? warranty ... We will take the bypass.
Old Jun 14, 2015, 2:14 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum-2 MM Starwood Plat,Delta DM
When you first look at something like that, you think clever. But then you look at the size of the bag, additional weight for the shelving and you realize this is another solution looking for a problem. I will say I have never been on a cruise, but I have been in some small hotel rooms on occasion. I think this is a beast. Notice they dont mention the weight of the bag empty and the product is not available for sale although it states shipping April.
Old Jun 21, 2015, 11:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold 1.9 MM flying my way to LT PLAT
Might be useful for a booth at a trade show, but not for travel as such.
Old Sep 5, 2015, 10:26 pm

Late to the party...

Website now says shipping August 2015. Empty weight is 17 lbs. (7.71kg)

Price is $350 US.

From what is packed in there, you could put it in a suitcase half the size. I can't imagine ever needing shelves that badly.
Old Sep 6, 2015, 9:43 am

Programs: Amex Plat, AA, BA Silver, Marriott Plat, Choice Gold, HHonors Gold, IHG Diamond
Not saying this is a great idea, but the first fifteen seconds of this video (sort of an advertisement for Holiday Inn Express) seems to take the same idea and make it simpler, more flexible, lighter, and probably cheaper:

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.