Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Products
Reload this Page >

best noise isolating earplugs?

best noise isolating earplugs?

Old May 22, 2013, 5:16 pm

Programs: UA Gold
I have hearos that I use at home (my better half snores). They work pretty well but if I'm sleeping very light, then there isn't much that will help. I can still hear the snoring. But, generally I don't get woken up. You can also pick them up in Target, if you live in the US
Old May 24, 2013, 10:29 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, LH M&M Member
Noise-cancelling headphones

Red Hot Wang

No, seriously. Has anyone got a pair of Red Hot Wangs? Are they comfortable? Etc. etc.
Old May 25, 2013, 6:16 am

Originally Posted by NeverFirst
Red Hot Wang

No, seriously. Has anyone got a pair of Red Hot Wangs? Are they comfortable? Etc. etc.
Nice.... Nope but i might give the wang buds a try http://www.fannywang.com/wangbudsvimeo.html, although just saying it makes me shiver ....
Old May 27, 2013, 9:43 pm

Originally Posted by oshelef
Can you compare them to passive in ear phones? Like from Etymotic or Shure?
Finally bought a pair of ANC23s and took them and my etymotic 6i on my recent trip.

Short version: Etymotics are much more comfortable, but even poorly sealed anc23s + active noise cancellation blocks more sound than the passive but high quality seal.

Details:
The included flanges on the ANC23s are cheap, uncomfortable, and provide negligible passive sealing. I noticed this before my flight and spent a good deal of time with my baggy of extra flanges to see what I could do. I normally wear the small 3flange silicone set on the 6i but ended up using the larger set of 3 flanges borrowed from the leftover on the 6i on the anc23s. These are far from ideal - I have to make sure the largest flap doesn't cover one of the microphone holes, and the anc23s barrel is a good deal wide than the 6i's. This makes it difficult to repurpose flanges from the 6i, but it also meant I couldn't get as comfortable of a fit or as deep of a seal.

In passive mode, even with replaced flanges, the anc23s provided noticeable but ultimately negligible isolation. However, turned on, the noise cancellation was great (with the usual pressure sensation of active noise cancellation).

The flights were quiet in terms of talking etc... so I don't have a great test of how well the anc23s would block those sorts of sounds, but my guess is not great.

Will I use them? It's not clear. If they had a narrow barrel and I could get a more comfortable fit, I definitely would.

Now, only if I knew of a way to see the barrel size of the competitors....
Old Jun 11, 2014, 6:07 am
Suspended

Dependant on budget, id go with the Bose in ear headphones
Old Jun 11, 2014, 10:08 am

I am giving the Bose IE2's a whirl with my iPad.

Synopsis so far...

- outside sound is not blocked
- very comfortable even after hours wearing
- with outside sound sources I can still clearly hear
and enjoy what is playing
Old Jun 11, 2014, 12:14 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Marriott Platinum
For those of you still looking at the Airbuds, I just ordered today and they had a 40% coupon available for Father's day.

Made the cost with shipping and tax only $28, which was just too good of a deal for me not to try them out

Sacfitz
Old Jun 11, 2014, 2:39 pm

Programs: EK Blue,VS,BA, Krisflyer, Hilton Gold , Radisson Gold , Hyatt Gold.
The absolute best. I use these for both bike riding but also long haul - great value , washable ,

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Alpine-Motosa...item258d878a60
Old May 6, 2016, 3:33 am

https://docs.google.com/a/avans.nl/forms/d/1YsF5ucbAqHnbX5rzoXjrJhEDFUkTkDeJKx24rq4YD

Hi! I am Charlotte from the Netherlands, for my bachelor thesis I am writing an export plan for a Dutch earplug manufacturer named Alpine Hearing Protection. They sell earplugs especially for sleeping with so-called acoustic filters, which they would like to sell in the United States. Therefore, I would like to know more about the usage of hearing protection in the US and have drawn up a survey that only takes 2 minutes to complete. Out off all the respondents one will WIN a free set of earplugs worth $14.95

To participate in the survey and make a chance at winning the earplugs please click on the link below:
https://docs.google.com/a/avans.nl/f...4YD2I/viewform

Many thanks in advance.

The survey will be closed end of July 2016
Old May 6, 2016, 3:34 am

Earplug survey

Hi! I am Charlotte from the Netherlands, for my bachelor thesis I am writing an export plan for a Dutch earplug manufacturer named Alpine Hearing Protection. They sell earplugs especially for sleeping with so-called acoustic filters, which they would like to sell in the United States. Therefore, I would like to know more about the usage of hearing protection in the US and have drawn up a survey that only takes 2 minutes to complete. Out off all the respondents one will WIN a free set of earplugs worth $14.95

To participate in the survey and make a chance at winning the earplugs please click on the link below:
https://docs.google.com/a/avans.nl/f...4YD2I/viewform

Many thanks in advance.

The survey will be closed end of July 2016
Old Jul 25, 2016, 2:09 pm

Years ago I used the foam ones but they were terrible and kept falling out and waking me up. I got some of these http://zenplugs.com which are much better at staying in and block noise really well.
Old Mar 22, 2018, 9:17 am

Ever consider using reusable earplugs?
Old Mar 24, 2018, 7:22 am

I have been using earplugs for sleeping with Noise Reduction Rating of 33.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.