Briggs and Riley @ Costco

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Briggs and Riley @ Costco

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2017, 4:22 pm

Originally Posted by nemloc
Just talked to my local costco in the PNW and the guy said it looks like an new item that they're going to carry but he didn't know when.
Separately, can't seem to find the U122SP on the B&R site to see the weight and official dimensions, only finding the CX version. Anyone?
Possibly a Costco-only model. The U122SP model is missing the expandable feature found in the CX version. Otherwise, everything else looks to be the same.
Old Jan 24, 2017, 11:53 am

Programs: ua Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver, Hyatt Gold, National Executive, Avis First
Originally Posted by IAD_flyer
I emailed Costco giving them the item number (1096201) and they gave me a list of stores in my area with the item. FYI the following Northern Virginia stores have the B&R bag:
  • Pentagon City
  • Chantilly
  • Manassas
  • Sterling

This is the directly to the email forum:
https://customerservice.costco.com/app/ask
Thanks for this. Helped me decide which one to go to!

Just talked to my local costco in the PNW and the guy said it looks like an new item that they're going to carry but he didn't know when.
Separately, can't seem to find the U122SP on the B&R site to see the weight and official dimensions, only finding the CX version. Anyone?
It doesn't seem like it is on the B&R site. I suspect they are ditching this for only carrying the CX version. Probably a good reason why this one made it to Costco. I pulled this from another luggage seller (note there are reports that the lenght is actually another inch longer than the sepcs).

Dimensions of Case: 7.7" x 14" x 20" / 19.6 x 35.6 x 50.8 cm
Dimensions with Wheels & Handle: 9" x 14" x 22" / 22.9 x 35.6 x 55.9 cm
Capacity: 2591 cu. in. / 42.5 liters
Weight: 8.5 lbs / 3.8 kg

Originally Posted by nesnith
Possibly a Costco-only model. The U122SP model is missing the expandable feature found in the CX version. Otherwise, everything else looks to be the same.
Don't think it is Costco only, a quick Google gets lots of hits at many places, but as I "guessed" above, probably being phased out in favor of the CX model.

Thanks again for those who posted, I can't seem to resist a good deal, although I'm not really sure I'll enjoy a carry-on spinner. I'll give it a try though.
Old Feb 13, 2017, 9:01 am

I "impulse bought" this, after seeing that this bag disappears fast (and there are only 4 remaining at the warehouse after my purchase). I guess people realize that it retails for 400+ and acted quickly. I figured I can always return it, thanks to Costco's generous return policy. Oh, I went all the way to NH to get it, tax free

Curiously, there is now a new Kirkland carry on that has many of the similar features as this BR bag (and retails for $99). In fact, it is displayed right next to (the quickly disappearing) BR bags.
Old Feb 13, 2017, 10:22 am

Programs: DL PM 0.5MM, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold, Avis PC, National EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by radiowell
I "impulse bought" this, after seeing that this bag disappears fast (and there are only 4 remaining at the warehouse after my purchase). I guess people realize that it retails for 400+ and acted quickly. I figured I can always return it, thanks to Costco's generous return policy. Oh, I went all the way to NH to get it, tax free

Curiously, there is now a new Kirkland carry on that has many of the similar features as this BR bag (and retails for $99). In fact, it is displayed right next to (the quickly disappearing) BR bags.
Was the Kirkland carry on the hybrid spinner or the 2 wheeler? Those always seem to be YMMV based on location.
Old Feb 13, 2017, 1:04 pm

Originally Posted by kxc262
Was the Kirkland carry on the hybrid spinner or the 2 wheeler? Those always seem to be YMMV based on location.
It was a spinner but not a hybrid! It even said Cordura material prominently. Like I said, it was the first time I've seen this model. Interior of the Kirkland bag looked suspicious like the BR bag, had to do a double take. Sorry should've taken a picture (I took the BR bag and went straight to the cash register).
Old Feb 16, 2017, 8:06 am

Programs: Delta DM, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hertz PC
I've got to get better at FlyerTalk. I want this bag! I bought the Costco carry-on for $99 and it's super great quality but it's a bit big and the zipper is separating from the main body a tiny bit because I overstuff it. Not the returner type, especially after 4 years of use, so probably will just find a place to patch that up but would kill for this B&R bag.

I emailed via that link to see if any stores in Wisconsin/IL have it, also near Cerritos, CA, where I'm going soon. If anyone hears of a store in TX or FL, I have some friends down there I'm visiting soon that would get it for me.
Old Feb 16, 2017, 1:48 pm

Originally Posted by bergamini
I've got to get better at FlyerTalk. I want this bag! I bought the Costco carry-on for $99 and it's super great quality but it's a bit big and the zipper is separating from the main body a tiny bit because I overstuff it. Not the returner type, especially after 4 years of use, so probably will just find a place to patch that up but would kill for this B&R bag.

I emailed via that link to see if any stores in Wisconsin/IL have it, also near Cerritos, CA, where I'm going soon. If anyone hears of a store in TX or FL, I have some friends down there I'm visiting soon that would get it for me.
Not in the Dallas region on the buyers' lists. I did the same and asked Costco via email and none in this area and none planned right now. I have no clue if that holds true of all of Texas or how far the Dallas region extends.
Old Feb 26, 2017, 6:42 pm

Originally Posted by bergamini

I saw some in the Beaverton (Portland), Oregon, Costco. Looks great and feels even better. The dimensions are more in line with 20" for the bag and the additional length to account for the spinner wheels. My Kirkland Signature roll-aboard has also seen better days and I'm not a returner type either, but it just won't goto the big luggage ranch in the sky so I'm hard pressed to buy another.
Old Feb 26, 2017, 9:07 pm

Programs: UA, AA, SPG, HH, Marriott
I was in San Francisco last week and was able to pick one up at the south San Francisco Costco by the airport. They had 7 or 8 left. None in the city though.

Just used it on teo two flights and so far I'm glad I got it.

One dumb question: whats the vertical pocket between the carrying handle poles for officially? I can stuff a flat umbrella, cell phone, or something of similar size in there but it's an odd pocket.
Old Feb 26, 2017, 10:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC

One dumb question: whats the vertical pocket between the carrying handle poles for officially? I can stuff a flat umbrella, cell phone, or something of similar size in there but it's an odd pocket.
It is to salvage wasted space between the pole of the exterior handle without adding to the total exterior dimension. Handy when you need to put your B&R into a sizer.
Old Feb 26, 2017, 11:01 pm

I find this BR bag a bit disappointing in that it doesn't roll very well when fully packed, especially on carpeted floor. The flimsy (or too flexible?) handle doesn't really help in this case.
Old Feb 27, 2017, 4:30 am

Programs: UA, AA, SPG, HH, Marriott
Originally Posted by tentseller
It is to salvage wasted space between the pole of the exterior handle without adding to the total exterior dimension. Handy when you need to put your B&R into a sizer.
Yes, I understood that... just wondered what item(s) it was perfectly designed and sized for.
Old Feb 27, 2017, 6:28 am

Programs: Amex Plat, AA, BA Silver, Marriott Plat, Choice Gold, HHonors Gold, IHG Diamond
Yes, I understood that... just wondered what item(s) it was perfectly designed and sized for.
Don't know the answer to that and not certain that there is an answer, but I've used it as the spot to dump things like cell phones, wallet, and change as I get ready to pass through security. Although the pocket theoretically could have been made bigger, I think a bigger pocket would just lead to rummaging around to find what you wanted. With this pocket, I figure that quick, temporary use is the goal in mind. I generally wouldn't keep anything in there more than the minutes to takes to clear security although now that I think about it, it could also be used as the holder for my personal in-flight amenity kit, with a protein bar, eyeshade, and QC20s available for quick access.
Old Feb 28, 2017, 6:21 am

Programs: Delta DM, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hertz PC
Went to both stores in my city yesterday, no dice. I did note that they have a new Kirkland Signature carry-on that is 4-wheeled and a touch smaller so more manageable. I may end up just getting that one, the quality is great even if it doesn't have the label.
Old Mar 8, 2017, 4:43 pm

Programs: AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt GP Diamond, Marriott Platinum, SPG Gold
Novato, CA has a few in stock...I saw 8 more on the shelves after I bought one today at noon.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.