Best Travel Dress Shirts?

Subscribe
A friend of a friend forward me this kickstarter about a super high-tech dress shirt from this company called Ministry of Supply. It got me thinking about what the best dress shirts are for living out of a suitcase 4 nights a week. Should I be expanding beyond Brooks Brothers non-irons? What are the best dress shirts out there for somebody who refuses to iron?

Also, if you're curious, here is their Kickstarter page - Ministry of Supply. I ordered an Apollo shirt out of curiosity and will report back after a few wears.
I have no good answer, but like you I hate ironing and avoid it at all costs. Why iron when there are shirts with materials that resist wrinkling?

For me though I only chose time tested products that I've had success with in the past, I really like cheap Van Heusen Poplin shirts for business casual. For some reason I don't quite understand not all synthetic/cotton blends are created equal, some of them still wrinkle somewhat. I would love to hear other suggestions.

The other thing to do of course is careful packing. The main thing is to avoid friction between cloth layers and secondly any style of packing that avoids folds will help (bundle packing).
I absolutely hate ironing. There are shirts hanging in my closet for months because of it. I've found Banana Republic shirts (non iron-slim fit) to be really great when it comes to wrinkle free. I have a really hard time finding shirts because I'm pretty slim and these work great for me. I don't know how they do it but I've never ironed one the shirts and I wear them a lot! They are a little spendy for me (about $80) but I always buy one with a 30-40% coupon.

I've traveled internationally and domestically with them for work and no problems.
The two I wear are Brooks Brothers and Landsend. Great for traveling and everyday wear.
I don't wear dress shirts, so I don't know much about that part. But I do have an opinion on wrinkle-free casual shirts.

I get laughed at every time I tell someone this... But for a wrinkle-free casual shirt, I really think the best bargain is the $9 Puritan from Walmart. Comfortable, no ironing and the colors last forever. You can travel for days in one shirt and still look fine (although you might smell, that's a different problem).
The best travel dress shirt I've ever seen, hands down, is the Nordstrom SmartCare Button-down Dress Shirt (this link was not working properly when I wrote this message, but this shirt has been available for quite some time so I'm assuming this is a temporary web glitch--if I'm wrong, just do a search on the Nordstrom site using the term above).

I bought my first shirt in mid-August last year before a trip to Scotland. I wear this shirt three or four times per month, I've washed it numerous times since then, and the shirt still looks great. There's a permanent crease atop the sleeve of the shirt that appears the same as the day I bought it, and not only is the shirt wrinkle free, requiring no ironing for normal use, but with a very light ironing touch up, it looks as if it has just come starched from the dry cleaners. I pack the shirt in a 15-inch folder for travel, and it loses the creases from the folds with a quick shake and then a hanging in the bathroom during a shower.

During the upcoming Half-Yearly Sale, this shirt is a relative bargain at $32.90. I paid the full freight of $49.50 before my trip last year, and I'd do it again. The money saved in dry cleaning while maintaining an absolutely first-class appearance more than makes up for the extra money you might spend in buying the shirt.
I've had fantastic luck with the Lands End wrinkle free pinpoints. I typically pull them out at my destination and steam in the bathroom for 5 minutes and they are fresh / ready to go. Been wearing them for years and typically replace every 2-3 years. I do dry clean only so that adds to the life for me.
Quote: The two I wear are Brooks Brothers and Landsend. Great for traveling and everyday wear.
yes on this. their oxfords really stands up well
I swear by the Brooks Brother's non-iron shirts. They're not just wrinkle resistant, your body heat is usally sufficient to straighten out all but the worst creases from the suitcase.

I had a real fight with my mother-in-law over them because she insisted on ironing them and was wearing out the collars and cuffs with the iron.

They start at $88 (replace $ with for European price. Yes, a rate of 1), but on sale they can be had for under $55, so usually but them in blocks during sales.
Charles tyrwhitt
The Brits know what they are doing when it comes to shirts. Workmanship is on par with Brooks luxury line and fabric about the same quality as the regular brooks line. However the cut is much more modern with strong and prominent collar area. Here is the link to the non iron stuff.

http://www.ctshirts.com/men's-shirts...|3517,||||||||

Btw. I tried lands end. LL Bean. Nordstrom regular and luxury line. Jos A bank. TM lewin (not sure if that was non iron) and a bunch of others. Brooks luxury line takes top honors. I have non iron twill green ( a lapse in judgement) shirt from 2004 that is still going strong. I am hoping I can wear it out so that I can justify buying a new one. Ringht below is the Charles Tyrwhitt stuff. May not be the best fabric but the "non iron-ness" is practically forever with good style and plenty of fabric. Lands end stuff is not really non iron. After five washes the collar starts curling badly. To top it off there isn't enough fabric on the torso - not long enough. Same with regular Nordstrom shirts.

I recommend CT shirts for someone trying out a new brand.
Quote: A friend of a friend forward me this kickstarter about a super high-tech dress shirt from this company called Ministry of Supply. It got me thinking about what the best dress shirts are for living out of a suitcase 4 nights a week. Should I be expanding beyond Brooks Brothers non-irons? What are the best dress shirts out there for somebody who refuses to iron?

Also, if you're curious, here is their Kickstarter page - Ministry of Supply. I ordered an Apollo shirt out of curiosity and will report back after a few wears.
Best mens dress shirts for travelling are from BARBA.
A hundred years ago when I wore dress shirts, Land's End oxford was my shirt of choice. Good quality, good price and lasted almost forever.

Cheers
I travel Monday - Thursday each week and Brooks Brothers non-irons are the best.

They now make extra slim-fit shirts which works great for guys with slim / athletic builds
Quote: The Brits know what they are doing when it comes to shirts. Workmanship is on par with Brooks luxury line and fabric about the same quality as the regular brooks line. However the cut is much more modern with strong and prominent collar area. Here is the link to the non iron stuff.

http://www.ctshirts.com/men's-shirts...|3517,||||||||
Yes. I have a few of these. The SN112SKY I have is an absolute awesome favorite. I need more of that. Edit: Hey, look. They ship to Canada. Bought two more. Damn you Flyertalk
Banana Republic non iron shirts (slim or modern fit). The BB just dont seem to fit me very well (either too tight in the chest or massively large in the waist).