Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best Travel Dress Shirts?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 13, 2012, 6:25 pm

Programs: BA LTG, SQ TPPS, CX DMP, AA EXP, Bonvoy LTT, ALL PLT, Hilton DM
Originally Posted by Mellonc
comment regarding Ascot Chang and Hamilton: Agreed. I was merely pointing out the fact that you can get custom shirts for that much money.

comment regarding wrinkle free performance: Agreed with your order and also add that I'd put Brooks luxury line at the top of the food chain and Land's end at the bottom.
One more company worth looking at for Made to Measure Dress Shirts is J. Hilburn. A relatively new company but their direct sales model for Made to Measure is excellent. They use European fabrics but at a much cheaper price than you will find in high-end stores because of their overhead structure.

But as of right now, they DON'T have Non-Iron as an option.
Old Jul 18, 2012, 12:46 am

Programs: Hyatt Plat, IHG Plat Ambassador, WN FF
Thumbs up Testing shirts

Just trying out an exofficio shirt vs Nike golf vs nordstrom smart care in 98 weather with 90 humidty- ex officious favorite for business casual

Nordstrom was great all day in conference until I had to run back to office -sweat broke through. It was the weather - will buy nordstrom again
Old Jul 18, 2012, 4:19 am

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, UA 1K 2MM, CZ Gld, VS Gld, SPG Lifetime Plt, IC PltAm, Hilton Dmd, Shangrila Diamond
comment regarding Ascot Chang and Hamilton: Agreed. I was merely pointing out the fact that you can get custom shirts for that much money.

comment regarding wrinkle free performance: Agreed with your order and also add that I'd put Brooks luxury line at the top of the food chain and Land's end at the bottom.
My favourite dress shirts are from Rohan (they have a store in Covent Garden). They also make a suit that requires no dry cleaning and is fantastic. For travel shirts in general, I prefer wool and I really like Icebreaker.
Old Jul 18, 2012, 11:22 am

Originally Posted by ghfatw
My favourite dress shirts are from Rohan (they have a store in Covent Garden). They also make a suit that requires no dry cleaning and is fantastic. For travel shirts in general, I prefer wool and I really like Icebreaker.
I've never tried this brand. I just went to the website but didn't find any dress shirts. http://www.rohan.co.uk/Category/Detail/MensShirts

Can you point me to the right area on the site? Or is there a section at Nordstroms or REI that carry this brand?
Old Jul 21, 2012, 8:48 pm

Do you know your neck size? How do you wear this with your suit? S M or L? Or are you referring to "stylish" shirt that go somewhat well with your jeans cuz it looks good in a casual kinda dressy yet "I look good" kinda shirt? I think the OP was looking at dress shirt that actually is a dress shirt. IMHO.

Of course, I respect that you think it's a dress shirt but I know many places where you can get something made to measure that'll knock your socks off with that much money. Try Ascot Chang or Hamilton. Heck, even Brooks made to measure is below $200.
Not really a DRESS shirt. I agree. But its a great casual type shirt. I wear it with jeans and a coat if weather permits. I have tried Ascot Chang's stuff. I am not really a big fan... If you get a chance, you should look up Sid Mashburn. He is based in atlanta, and makes anything you want. Has tailors in shop size you up and build. He makes some great shirts...
Old Sep 18, 2012, 1:06 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Stumbling Inn
Just trying out an exofficio shirt vs Nike golf vs nordstrom smart care in 98 weather with 90 humidty- ex officious favorite for business casual

Nordstrom was great all day in conference until I had to run back to office -sweat broke through. It was the weather - will buy nordstrom again
Where were you when it was 98 degrees and 90% humidity?
Old Sep 18, 2012, 1:33 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, silver, what yr is it?
Originally Posted by Flubber2012
Don't know about Stumbling Inn, but sounds like NC in August^
Old Sep 19, 2012, 3:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Flubber2012
Sounds like pretty much anywhere in Northern Italy this year for July and August
Old Oct 15, 2012, 7:35 am

100% cotton wrinkle free products are obviously treated to make them more 'free flowing' between the weave and the waft.

Great for getting out of a suitcase and looking reasonably smart. Unfortunately that thread is usually a little coarser than the normal shirts I get so they don't get worn so often.

The tailor I use sometimes has a super fine 2ply 140 Japanese cotton fabric that has a wrinkle free coating. Unfortunately they don't always have it in stock so you have to check with them.
Old Oct 16, 2012, 1:37 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond. American Airlines Platinum, Mariott: Gold. Delta: Gold
No special shirt needed. Have your cleaner do a fold for you. When you pick up your cleaning instead of getting a bunch of shirts on hangers, you get a box with 4 to 5 shirts per box that are prefectly cleaned and folded around a piece of cardboard and individually wrapped in plastic....ready for the suit case.

I have two blue and two white shirts that are polyester and i wear them on travel days if it is going to be a long flight...they are wrinkle free withe the addes bonus that ill burn faster and extra crispy should the plane im flying on happen to crash.
Old Oct 17, 2012, 1:26 am

Programs: PC Plat RA, SPG Gold, AS MVPG
I swear by the Brooks Brothers non iron shirts too.. amazingly wrinkle resistant.
Old Oct 20, 2012, 8:50 pm

Programs: MP(1K) Million Miler, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by vmsea
I swear by the Brooks Brothers non iron shirts too.. amazingly wrinkle resistant.
I just bought several Brooks Brothers non-iron shirts in June and find that they are perfect for travel.
Old Oct 20, 2012, 9:41 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by vmsea
Like these as well... Picked up some Nordstrom's ones on sale and will try those this week though...
Old Oct 21, 2012, 5:00 am

Programs: AADULtArer
Brooks no-irons and Lands End all cotton in my bag exclusively.

Laundered and boxed per comment. On Middle East travel I often get 2 days per shirt if I don't drop falafel on it. My usual female companion hates me for this, so I carry her bag to make up....
Old Oct 21, 2012, 1:59 pm

Programs: DL DM, IHG Spire, Mariott Platinum (UA SI) Avis First, National Executive
For travel days and if the dress code is relaxed enough to allow polo shirts, nothing beats a technical fabric polo shirt; either long or short sleeve. Usually found as "golf shirts". The bargain of the bunch is the Target-specific Champion C9, which can be found from $14-25 depending on the sale.

+1 for the Brooks Brothers no iron shirts for dress dress shirts, btw. Lots of the "travel" shirts (like ExOfficio) are not formal enough and if that is the case with the dress code, I go with the aforementioned polo shirts...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.