Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Briggs and Riley Luggage

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25, 2012, 7:20 pm
Original Poster

Briggs and Riley Luggage

Trying to decide what model of B&R to purchase, Transcend vs Baseline. I travel 125,000 - 150,000 miles a year. Am wondering if anybody out there can help in me decide. I know they have a "no questions asked" lifetime GTD, but still want to know which model is the most durable.

Any help would be great.
Old Apr 25, 2012, 7:34 pm

Programs: AS-GoldMVP,Hilton, Hyatt, Hertz
I recently purchased a 27" Baseline. It has been on 8 trips so far and doesn't look like it has been through the mess that is baggage...... I really like it.
Old Apr 25, 2012, 8:12 pm
Original Poster

Do you find the 27" a good size or perhaps a little big? I am also debating on 24" or 27". With the 27", if you do not pack it full do you find all your clothes end up pushing to the bottom of the bag like a lot of bigger bags do?
Old Apr 25, 2012, 8:26 pm

It has a really good strap in for the clothes so if the bag isn't full they are held in place really well. It's kind of a "netting" that covers the clothes.
I thought it would be too big but when I go I am gone for at least 10 days and I am a woman who overpacks generally...... LOL LOL But of course summer clothes are lighter so the bag doesn't get as full so this netting holds clothes in solid.
Old Apr 25, 2012, 8:30 pm
Original Poster

Did you look at the Transcend model as well before purchasing or did you already know what you wanted?
Old Apr 25, 2012, 8:35 pm

I am not a person who travels with a lot of suits so the Transcend I really wasn't interested in as the suit rack takes up valuable packing space for me. lol lol The Baseline has a removable bit so I don't have to deal with the suit rack.
Old Apr 25, 2012, 10:11 pm
Senior Moderator

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] clawing way back to WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
bruinzfan, welcome to FlyerTalk. For more discussion, let's seek the help of readers of the Travel Products forum and I'll move this thread there. Ocn Vw 1K, Moderator, TravelBuzz.
Old Apr 25, 2012, 10:30 pm

Programs: AA ExP, Marriott Amb, National EAE, Hilton Diamond, SPG Plat (RIP), US CP (RIP)
Baseline has square shape while Transcend has rounded corners which can impact packing volume

I also don't like how the handles on the Transcend stick out ... One more thing to get caught
Old Apr 26, 2012, 11:05 am
Moderator: Information Desk, Women Travelers, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold
I'm a Transcend user, but bought my pieces before they redesigned. A couple things led me to pick the Transcend over the Baseline:
* Transcend was (is?) lighter than the Baseline
* Color choices -- I didn't want boring black
* Price
Old Apr 27, 2012, 4:56 pm

Programs: BA, *A, Hertz Goldstar, Mucci wannabee, Waitrose, safari Oleg
Baseline every time. Baseline more durable. Looks nicer while being durable. To me Transcend looks like a lot of other luggage out there. But then most of my travel is business. But B & R really do stand up to their guarantee of free repairs (you just take care of shipping). In that area they do what Tumi used to do.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.